Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 11 Nov 2016 (Friday) 08:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lightroom Mobile

Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
5,054 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.
Post edited over 2 years ago by Dan Marchant.

Nov 11, 2016 08:34 |  #1

found it.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

sponsored links
tzalman
Fatal attraction.
13,439 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Nov 11, 2016 09:04 |  #2

Dan Marchant wrote in post #18181625 (external link)
found it.

lost it?

Elie / אלי

Dan ­ Marchant
THREAD ­ STARTER
5,054 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Nov 11, 2016 09:20 |  #3

Solved my own question.... now have another.

LR mobile on Android. When it saves an image where does it save it too?

Dan Marchant
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

TerryMiller
323 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Sep 2013

Nov 12, 2016 10:05 |  #4

Dunno about android but on Iphone or Ipad it seems to save the edits internally and apply them to the original photo. The photo must be exported to get an edited copy.

my gear: T4i - EF-s 17-55, Ef-s 55-250 is stm, EF-S 10-22 usm, ef 100mm 2.8 macro

Dan ­ Marchant
THREAD ­ STARTER
5,054 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Nov 12, 2016 22:00 as a reply to  @ TerryMiller's post |  #5

Sorry I meant exported. The nomenclature in the Android version isn't consistent. You "Save to Gallery" and when done it says "Export Complete" but I don't know where it was saved to.

Dan Marchant

TerryMiller
323 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Nov 13, 2016 05:34 |  #6

Again on IOS it ends up in the same location as the original. Oddly sometimes right next to the original, sometimes at the end of the list.

my gear: T4i - EF-s 17-55, Ef-s 55-250 is stm, EF-S 10-22 usm, ef 100mm 2.8 macro

Dan ­ Marchant
THREAD ­ STARTER
5,054 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Nov 13, 2016 09:21 |  #7

Thanks for the help. For some odd reason that doesn't seem to be the case in the Android version. I Add Photo, select the source and the image and it gets Imported into the Lightroom Photos collection. I select the Image and choose Save to Gallery but there is no indication of where that is and the new copy doesn't get added to the existing collection (meaning it doesn't show up in LR mobile).

I eventually found the files by going manually through folders in File Manager. Couldn't even do a search because LR didn't let me know what file names it used for the output files.

Dan Marchant

TerryMiller
323 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Nov 14, 2016 02:20 |  #8

Are there settings that control the output location? IOS has no editable folders. I'm

Rimmer
Goldmember
1,414 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Nov 14, 2016 16:00 |  #9

I just tried it on my MotoX. After "exporting to the Gallery" I opened the Gallery app and there it was. The Gallery app automatically identifies all folders containing images, including newly created ones. The exported image was in a folder named AdobeLightroom.

By the way, I can highly recommend a file manager called "FX," available in free and "pro" versions. As one of its many functions it can locate all your images with a single tap no matter where they are (device storage or memory card).

Ace Rimmer -- "What a guy!"
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." ;)

sponsored links

1,756 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lightroom Mobile
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.