Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
Thread started 12 Nov 2016 (Saturday) 15:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Suggestion for Canon User new to Fuji System

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
3,311 posts
Gallery: 341 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2014

Dec 15, 2016 13:24 |  #61

For me I find it easiest to set up AF+MF and just focus myself. Used this morning on a shoot, a few 'angels' posing with giant windows behind them. Very bright backlight & that is something Fuji [and others] can have issues with getting a in focus shot. So simple to just give a quick twist of the focus ring and the camera zooms into the selected focus point with [for me] red dots on the in focus areas. But then again I grew up on MF cameras so didn't take me long to get the knack back & I find it quick now in dark rooms.

Fujifilm cameras and lenses.
Get 5% off Fuji from Kim ;) (external link)
Gear & Discounts (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)
Coffee & Fujis (external link)YouTube (external link)

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,589 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Dec 15, 2016 15:38 |  #62

Two Hot Shoes wrote in post #18213946 (external link)
For me I find it easiest to set up AF+MF and just focus myself. Used this morning on a shoot, a few 'angels' posing with giant windows behind them. Very bright backlight & that is something Fuji [and others] can have issues with getting a in focus shot. So simple to just give a quick twist of the focus ring and the camera zooms into the selected focus point with [for me] red dots on the in focus areas. But then again I grew up on MF cameras so didn't take me long to get the knack back & I find it quick now in dark rooms.

This is generally how I focus too, though with the X-Pro2 I don't even need to touch the MF ring unless I see it missed focus via the ERF (the mini EVF within the OVF).

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-H1 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)www.LucasGPhoto.com (external link)

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
3,311 posts
Gallery: 341 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2014
Post edited over 2 years ago by Two Hot Shoes. (2 edits in all)

Dec 15, 2016 19:15 as a reply to  @ EverydayGetaway's post |  #63

I use to hate having to focus my old Zeiss lenses on the 5D3's rarely got it right & using the live view was slow and just felt weird. Even with magic lantern installed so I could get peaking and pic in pic it only improved a little bit. I guess I like viewfinders. Day one on a Fuji [X-E1 bought s/h] plonked on a Zeiss 2.4/35mm and the shots blew me away, over the next year all the big heavy Canon gear got sold off and replaced with Fuji. Have't looked back once since I figured out how to best use them.

Well I do have a list of things I'd like Fuji to implement that I keep adding to but then they keep updating the Firmware and hardware & I get to cross things off the list :) I'm not holding out for an AF assist mesh on the flash a la Canons one though. Think that'll never happen so I adapt to use the strengths that the Fuji system have. AF+MF is one.

Fujifilm cameras and lenses.
Get 5% off Fuji from Kim ;) (external link)
Gear & Discounts (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)
Coffee & Fujis (external link)YouTube (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

8,412 views & 15 likes for this thread
Suggestion for Canon User new to Fuji System
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.