Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 05 Dec 2016 (Monday) 02:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Controversy on Facebook

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,036 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Dec 05, 2016 11:17 |  #16

It definitely seems to be a step away from your car photos...so if someone is following you for that they might not be into self harm photos...also giving more of a story to he post could help...just writing "sometimes we all need a release" with a slashed up arm, doesnt convey that it happened a while ago, and you are currently fine...but putting a few sentences about it could

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

huntersdad
Goldmember
4,604 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 05, 2016 11:32 |  #17

I, too, looked over the images, and while disturbing (regardless of now in way in the past), I probably wouldn't remove them if that's what you are documenting. However, it might be a good idea to include a statement with each shot that says, "Yes, me. Yes, I am doing much better and these images are from quite a long time ago.". I don't see anything wrong with friend being concerned about your well being, assuming they are truly a friend. But I would be clear on what you are posting.

Facebook (external link)

http://WWW.BLENDEDLIGH​TPHOTOGRAPHY.COM (external link)
1DxII x 2 / 24-70L II / 70-200L II / 85 1.4L / 300 II / AD600Pros

Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
5,245 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

Dec 06, 2016 00:58 |  #18

1. Facebook is not an art gallery. Don't expect it or it's users to act/react in the same way as an art gallery/gallery visitors.
2. If you post images that are potentially controversial/shocking and very different from your normal style, it is understandable that your normal audience my be alarmed/concerned. You might avoid that issue if you set up a separate page for work that focuses on social/personal issues.
3. Facebook isn't your livingroom. It's a public space and people entering it may have many different reactions.

I'm not in any way saying you should alter your work but maybe FB isn't the best venue.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

3,122 views & 11 likes for this thread
Controversy on Facebook
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.