Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sample Photo Archives Camera Sample Photo Archive 
Thread started 09 Jan 2017 (Monday) 21:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

--- Show your shots! ISO 12,800 or higher ---

Scottboarding
550 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Joined May 2016

Jan 27, 2018 22:48 |  #31

aladyforty wrote in post #18550550 (external link)
looking at these I dont think it matters too much which of the cameras you use that are in the 5 to 6 year old category, they all seem very capable and I find it strange that many people i know are scared to go over ISO 1600 with one of the latest cameras!!! It all comes down to ability to process and know your own camera

Agreed! I've shot at ISO 16000 on my Olympus E-M1, carefully overexposed the image just before highlight clipping, and pulled it down in post and it looked fine! I know it's all personal preference, but if it's possible to get good images out of a five year old micro four thirds camera, then shooting at ISO 12,800 on a 5D IV shouldn't be a problem at all.

Gear: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18556308
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com​/photos/130385961@N05/ (external link)

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
34,698 posts
Gallery: 94 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited 10 months ago by TeamSpeed. (2 edits in all)

Jan 28, 2018 05:30 |  #32

Depends quite a bit on how much you crop or how much you shrink the image for final display. Skills in post processing is also key. :)

Also not much more need for ETTR with the newer bodies, as you can pull them up 3-4 stops when needed.

I sometimes hit ISO 20000 or 25600, but most of the time, the 5D4 caps out at ISO 16000.

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/Sports-Events/Mad-Ants-Current-Season/Feb-3-2018/i-5fcZ5zk/0/16f9a4ef/X2/FX8A7634a-X2.jpg

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

10,473 views & 42 likes for this thread
--- Show your shots! ISO 12,800 or higher ---
FORUMS Sample Photo Archives Camera Sample Photo Archive 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.