Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 16 Jan 2017 (Monday) 15:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Film Poll

Ballen ­ Photo
20,233 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Nov 2003

Jan 16, 2017 15:33 |  #1

How many of you are still shooting film, and think we need a film specific forum?
I'm referring to you guys that frequent this thread, https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=727911
Please be counted here if you do.

The Captain and crew finally got their stuff together, now if we can only remember where we left it. :cool:

sponsored links
K ­ Soze
Goldmember
1,782 posts
Gallery: 83 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2011

Jan 16, 2017 15:44 |  #2

one vote......

I try to make art by pushing buttons

chris001
438 posts
Gallery: 234 photos
Joined Dec 2014
Post edited over 2 years ago by chris001.

Jan 16, 2017 15:51 |  #3

I vote yes.

Also to add more film related gear to the "add gear" list.

Thanks!
Chris
flickr (external link)

thc1979
526 posts
Joined Jun 2014
Post edited over 2 years ago by thc1979. (2 edits in all)

Jan 16, 2017 16:18 |  #4

I'd happily contribute and would welcome a film section to the forum. I've said before that film is
"On the up" and a popular site such as this can only add to its popularity and enhance the site and film.

sansational
Reverse Psychologist
2,384 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Jan 16, 2017 16:28 |  #5

Aye.

Andrew
flickr (external link)
Instagram (external link)

Cuypers1807
Intact?
1,726 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 16, 2017 17:16 |  #6

Yes!!!

Joby
Flickr (external link)_________My Site (external link)___________Gear List

Shufu
838 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Jan 16, 2017 18:35 |  #7

Yes! Film is not dead, and should not be treated as such.

Saipan, where we proudly put the fun in dysfunctional every chance we get!

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
13,870 posts
Gallery: 146 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 16, 2017 18:56 |  #8

Ballen Photo wrote in post #18246340 (external link)

I think that a poll infers that people can vote for more than one thing, or at least vote either "for" something or "against" that thing. I don't see any option for those who do not want a film sub-forum to vote in this poll......so is it really even a poll at all?

If this were a poll, I would vote that no, I am not someone who would participate in a film sub-forum.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Ballen ­ Photo
THREAD ­ STARTER
20,233 posts
Joined Nov 2003

Jan 16, 2017 19:13 |  #9

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18246519 (external link)
I think that a poll infers that people can vote for more than one thing, or at least vote either "for" something or "against" that thing. I don't see any option for those who do not want a film sub-forum to vote in this poll......so is it really even a poll at all?

If this were a poll, I would vote that no, I am not someone who would participate in a film sub-forum.

Well, you did just vote no.
I was going to put a poll up, but when posting this, the poll option wasn't available for some reason, so a show of hands so to speak will have to do.
I'm basically trying to see if there are enough film aficionados out there to see if we have enough participants to try and pursue this.

The Captain and crew finally got their stuff together, now if we can only remember where we left it. :cool:

jcothron
Goldmember
3,133 posts
Gallery: 344 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 16, 2017 19:21 |  #10

I vote yes

John
Gear List|My Flickr (external link)|Website (external link)|
Instagram (external link)

Sailor ­ Larry
192 posts
Gallery: 59 photos
Joined Nov 2014

Jan 16, 2017 20:08 |  #11

Aye.

dasmith232
335 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Nov 2012

Jan 16, 2017 20:17 |  #12

The only film that I've shot recently is 4x5. It's not the film that makes it unique for me, but the large format camera.

If there were a subforum, should the emphasis be the film, or film cameras, or developing chemistry, or ... the list goes on and on.

In a different photography forum, I saw a lot of the same questions as on the digital side.

To make something useful, I think you'd need multiple subforums, just barely starting with some of the topics above. At that point, you've got a website for the film folks. And there are already sites and communities that are working to be that.

I'd vote "no" for trying to do that here. But factor in my active time here (very little) and that vote shouldn't count for a lot (which I have no problem with - just throwing in a couple cents).

Dave
Mostly using 5D3 with lots of different lenses and flash, but also still using a large format 4x5 film camera.

Scottboarding
623 posts
Gallery: 124 photos
Joined May 2016

Jan 16, 2017 20:30 |  #13

I vote for one! The single thread can get a little jumbled at times and information can easily be lost.

Gear: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18556308
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com​/photos/130385961@N05/ (external link)

Ballen ­ Photo
THREAD ­ STARTER
20,233 posts
Joined Nov 2003

Jan 16, 2017 20:45 |  #14

Scottboarding wrote in post #18246638 (external link)
The single thread can get a little jumbled at times and information can easily be lost.

That's my point. We have entire sub forums for most brands of digital cameras, different lenses, digital processing, member activities, and even rumors, but not one for film?
Granted, these forums started out as Canon digital specific, but we have now expanded far beyond just that.

edmidlifecrisis
Goldmember
3,409 posts
Gallery: 177 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jun 2014

Jan 16, 2017 22:16 |  #15

Yes

Ed
https://www.sandhillim​ages.com/ (external link)
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/127634200@N05/ (external link)
https://500px.com/edtl (external link)
Instagram @elsdvm90

sponsored links

7,179 views & 10 likes for this thread
Film Poll
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.