POTN G-series Speed Challenge # 623: Seasons
Description of this week topic:
Not all "Seasons" are defined by the four seasons of Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. In the U.S. over the weekend, we had a Girl Scout stop by the house to sell cookies and my wife proclaimed that it was "Girl Scout cookie season". So show me your "season" whether it's fishing season, sweater season, rainy season, or whatever it might be. Simply title your entry ___________ (fill in the blank) Season, but cannot use Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter.
Remember, if you post a photo, you may be the winner. Be prepared to host and judge a new challenge.
To submit, click the button labeled 'POST TO THREAD' and put your Photo Title in the first line of the post, above your photo.
Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, 6 February 2017
Thanks to all for participating this week!
1st - OhLook with Pruning Season - This photo actually made me laugh. Photo and title were perfect.
2nd - M_Six with Growing Season - In the middle of winter I do miss the colors of the growing season.
3rd - Maureen with Snow in the Sierras (Season) - Absolutely a great seasonal scene in the traditional sense.
1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera G1,G2,G3,G5,G6,G7,G9,G10,G11,G12,G15,G16,G1 X,G3 X,G5 X,G7 X,G9 X,G1 X mark II,G7 X Mark II and Powershot Pro 1.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1024 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
- One photo per photographer in each challenge.
- Photo Title in the first line of the post.
- Camera model.
- EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
- Winners Announcement ... As soon as possible, max. until Tuesday noon GMT.
Click FOLLOW THREAD in the top right of the challenge's thread page.
Notifications of new posts will appear below the POTN logo and the main links in the top of each forum page.
Note: Email notifications are not active at the moment, they will be available soon.
Pay attention to your PMs or 'Heads Up!' messages. This will allow the host, helpful members or moderators to contact you about winning or ineligible photos.
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.