Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Classifieds: For Sale 
Thread started 03 Feb 2017 (Friday) 16:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sigma DP2 and DP3 Merrill cameras

Summary of marketplace feedback given to Deardorff
First feedback: never, latest feedback: never.
Deardorff has not given any feedback to others.
Overall Ratingn/a
not rated
Communicationn/a
not rated
Deliveryn/a
not rated
Paymentn/a
not rated
ForumAllSellBuy
Classifieds: Want to Buy0 (0.0)0 (0.0)0 (0.0)
Classifieds: For Sale0 (0.0)0 (0.0)0 (0.0)
Classifieds: Services Offered0 (0.0)0 (0.0)0 (0.0)
Classifieds: Services Needed0 (0.0)0 (0.0)0 (0.0)
Sell: Deardorff was selling. Buy: Deardorff was buying. Overall rating average of each role/forum shown in parenthesis.

This new marketplace feedback system started in early 2018. Older feedback for this member may be available in the legacy feedback thread, click here to autosearch them. To search for all threads by Deardorff in marketplace forums, click here.

FEEDBACK FORM DISABLED. 30 posts AND 30 days of membership is required for giving marketplace feedback.

Deardorff
110 posts
Joined Oct 2016
Post edited over 2 years ago by Deardorff.

Feb 03, 2017 16:17 |  #1

Both for an even $950 shipped.
Five batteries and two chargers for each camera. Total of 4 chargers and 10 batteries.

Will post photos of the gear later tonight or tomorrow.

Both in excellent condition and work well. Images are excellent.

I just have too much gear and can't justify carrying it all these days.

This image is from the DP3 Merrill

[ATTACH]A[/ATTACH]

The tire swing image is from the DP2 Merrill

[ATTACH]B[/ATTACH]

Both cameras work well. Fixed lens so never a problem with dust on the sensor.

IF you want to work with the Sigma Merrill bodies you need to be aware they are slower than many on the market. The battery life is not great - this the 5 batteries per body. I treated them as 36 exposure rolls of film. Reality is I got more exposures most of the time but figuring it this way kept me aware of battery life as I photographed.

Image quality is excellent. No way to go wrong there. A tripod is a big help in getting all the detail and beauty these sensors can capture. If you work a bit more deliberately than handheld you will be rewarded for it with images that really look good.

If you guy both the price is $950 shipped. Just one it is $500 shipped.

I'm shooting more with the 5x7 view camera and paring down gear. That is the reason for the sale. I do know from experience the cameras work well in 23 below zero and 122 above, our North Dakota winter to Death Valley summer.

They don't like high ISO settings - but you buy these to use more carefully and at lower ISO settings to take full advantage of the quality they can produce.

I'll put up photos later tonight or tomorrow - I can't figure out how to put more than two images on this post so most likely tomorrow evening.

Payment is US Postal Money Order or check and I would like to talk with you on the phone before the sale so you and I are on the same page about the cameras. I don't do PayPal.

Shipment is US Postal Priority Mail or UPS/FedEx - insured for full value. I prefer a US Sale but will go out of country if you pay the extra shipping cost and are aware and agree to pay any customs charges or fees.

Questions? Feel free to ask. Here or email will work. I use the gear and am not a reseller on this one. The images from the merrill bodies is excellent and will reward a photographer who likes working for very good images rather than shoot & pray results.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

"I've been a procrastinator all my life. I keep meaning to do something about that."

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)
REPLYING DENIED:
30 posts AND 30 days of membership is required
925 views & 1 like for this thread
Sigma DP2 and DP3 Merrill cameras
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Classifieds: For Sale 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.