Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Short Films 
Thread started 17 Feb 2017 (Friday) 14:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Self Preservation ( short film by Me)

rantercsr
Goldmember
2,580 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Mar 2014
Post edited over 1 year ago by Pekka with reason 'Embedded the video'. (2 edits in all)

Feb 17, 2017 14:49 |  #1

https://vimeo.com/2043​85688 (external link)

short film (1 minute) I shot

any constructive criticism would be appreciated

Thanks for watching

Fuji XT2 / Panasonic GH5 / Sony A7R3 / Canon t4i / Pentax K1000
My portraits IG (external link)My everything else IG (external link)
MY flickr (external link)

woomahodal
207 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 17, 2017 16:39 |  #2

I haven't logged into this site for awhile, but decided to check out what's new. I found the Short Films section, and your post was the at the top. I had low expectations, although I shouldn't have since the majority of posts on POTN are of very high quality. I loved your short film. The imagery of the inner dialogue; I think everyone can relate. Hell, I think we spend most of our time as artists trying to capture some part of our inner dialogue to show others.

I'm not crazy about the processing, but that is a minor point. Keep it up, I'd love to see a second episode.

Canon 6D | 24-105L | 16-35L | 50mm 1.4 | 85mm 1.8 | Some filters and flashes and stuff
http://www.mattwoolly.​com (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​matthewwoolly (external link)

rantercsr
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,580 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Feb 17, 2017 17:16 as a reply to  @ woomahodal's post |  #3

Thanks ..
processing.. I was trying to capture the mood of the moment, dark , murky state of mind..

I've gotten some decent feedback on the film.. thinking about doing a second episode..it was a spontaneous thing.. now I find myself thinking of what the next one should be.. maybe something will come to mind .. in the mean time don't feel like forcing it.

Thank for taking time to watch

Fuji XT2 / Panasonic GH5 / Sony A7R3 / Canon t4i / Pentax K1000
My portraits IG (external link)My everything else IG (external link)
MY flickr (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,184 views & 2 likes for this thread
Self Preservation ( short film by Me)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Short Films 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.