Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 19 Jun 2017 (Monday) 14:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Precision Color ink refillers - Post your experiences and advice please

lacogada
259 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2015

Aug 01, 2017 10:55 |  #16

FarmerTed1971 wrote in post #18416209 (external link)
Interesting. CAN be mixed... but does it yield correct colors?

Hear what you're saying ... but I think PC understood what I meant to ask. :-)

Nice website you have.

sponsored links
Nathan
THREAD ­ STARTER
So boring
7,702 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 01, 2017 12:02 |  #17

Here's the discussion and Jose Rodriguez himself comments that there are no issues with mixing the ink:

https://www.printerkno​wledge.com …ecision-color-inks.11675/ (external link)

Taking photos with a fancy camera does not make me a photographer.
www.nathantpham.com (external link) | Boston POTN Flickr (external link) |
5D3 x2 | 16-35L II | 35 L | 50L | 85L II | 135L | 580 EX II x2

FarmerTed1971
fondling the 5D4
5,765 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2013

Aug 01, 2017 12:04 |  #18

Thanks for the link.

Getting better at this - Fuji Xt-2 - Fuji X-Pro2 - 18-55 - 23/35/50 f2 WR - 50-140 - flickr (external link) - www.scottaticephoto.co​m

Myboostedgst
Goldmember
1,875 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Mar 03, 2018 00:22 |  #19

Bringing this back up.

Nathan, how have your results been? My first set of carts are low and I am ready to pickup a second set. I would love to just buy a set of OEM empties from Precision Color, but it sounds like they may be out of them. I would prefer to not have to modify them myself, but I may have to.

Andrew | Facebook (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Instagram (external link)
D750, 24-70, 50 1.4G, 85 1.8G, 70-200 VRII, 300 F2.8 AF
Founder of www.midwestautomotive.​net (external link)

KaosImagery
Goldmember
1,340 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Sep 2009

Mar 03, 2018 13:36 |  #20

Myboostedgst wrote in post #18576317 (external link)
Bringing this back up.

Nathan, how have your results been? My first set of carts are low and I am ready to pickup a second set. I would love to just buy a set of OEM empties from Precision Color, but it sounds like they may be out of them. I would prefer to not have to modify them myself, but I may have to.

Why not just refill the cartridges you have?

Three weeks ago I bought the refill kit, chip reset device and scale. One of my existing cartridges had just run out. I refilled that and topped off all the others at the same time. Precision Color says you can mix the inks, and they recommend to top all cartridges, not just the low ones because the printer goes through a recharge function every time you replace one cartridge which uses more ink and can fill up the waste ink absorber pad faster.

I've only done a couple prints since my refill and so far so good.

By the way, there was an issue with PC version of red, so they are now supplying OEM red until they figure it out.

Website (external link) flickr (external link) 500px (external link) FaceBook (external link)

Myboostedgst
Goldmember
1,875 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Mar 03, 2018 13:51 |  #21

KaosImagery wrote in post #18576726 (external link)
Why not just refill the cartridges you have?

Three weeks ago I bought the refill kit, chip reset device and scale. One of my existing cartridges had just run out. I refilled that and topped off all the others at the same time. Precision Color says you can mix the inks, and they recommend to top all cartridges, not just the low ones because the printer goes through a recharge function every time you replace one cartridge which uses more ink and can fill up the waste ink absorber pad faster.

I've only done a couple prints since my refill and so far so good.

By the way, there was an issue with PC version of red, so they are now supplying OEM red until they figure it out.

I assume you mean you refilled all besides the yellow, correct?

I want two sets so I don’t have to refill when i am on the middle of a printing session. I can just swap sets, and continue on.

Andrew | Facebook (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Instagram (external link)
D750, 24-70, 50 1.4G, 85 1.8G, 70-200 VRII, 300 F2.8 AF
Founder of www.midwestautomotive.​net (external link)

Talley
Talley Whacker
10,622 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Mar 03, 2018 14:01 |  #22

been using precision ink and refilling myself for the past 4 years now I think. Zero issues other than some clogged print heads. But I buy the printer deals and sell everthing off and because of that I have a few backup print heads.

I think their newest ink is far better than it was years ago in that regard. I don't deal with clogged heads anymore when it use to be a think I literally HAD to print weekly.

My entire hobby of gear lust has temporarily been shifted into overload. Please be patient while my mind tries to get back onto the road to recovery. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause....
My Gear Archive

KaosImagery
Goldmember
1,340 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Sep 2009

Mar 03, 2018 15:49 |  #23

Myboostedgst wrote in post #18576733 (external link)

I want two sets so I don’t have to refill when i am on the middle of a printing session. I can just swap sets, and continue on.

When one gets very low or empty, I refill them all by weight.

Talley was actually the one that inspired me to give Precision Color a try, thanks man!

Website (external link) flickr (external link) 500px (external link) FaceBook (external link)

Talley
Talley Whacker
10,622 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Mar 03, 2018 18:06 |  #24

KaosImagery wrote in post #18576812 (external link)
When one gets very low or empty, I refill them all by weight.

Talley was actually the one that inspired me to give Precision Color a try, thanks man!

I'm blushing lol.

I've gone through a few sets of the 2oz then finally bought the 4oz. I've told myself next time just go ahead and buy the 8oz bottles.

I've come to learn what colors get used the most. Some could go a long time on 4oz others like magenta/yellow/cyan need 8oz.

My entire hobby of gear lust has temporarily been shifted into overload. Please be patient while my mind tries to get back onto the road to recovery. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause....
My Gear Archive

mikeinctown
Goldmember
1,999 posts
Joined May 2012

Mar 04, 2018 10:19 |  #25

I've been using them on my Pro-10 since they came out with the Signature Edition. The photos come out looking the same to me as if they were the Canon ink. I have a bottle of the original red he supplied with the Signature Edition but I have not used it. He has since switched to OEM Canon red at an increased cost. Refilling is easy and the colors do last quite a while. I bought the 4oz kit and it seems one could easily get 8-10 refills per color before needing a new bottle.

Canon EOS 1D X | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM | Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary

McNeese72
Goldmember
1,207 posts
Gallery: 886 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 05, 2018 14:31 |  #26

Myboostedgst wrote in post #18576733 (external link)

I think it depends on what model Canon printer you are running. As I understand it the yellow problem is with the Canon Pro-100 which uses the dye inks. I don't think it is a problem with the printers using pigment inks such as the Pro-10. Of course, I have been wrong before. ;)

Doc

Canon EOS 20D | 1 7D gripped | 2 7D2's gripped | EF 70-200 F2.8 L IS | EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II USM | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM | EF 50 F1.8 | Sigma 17-50 F2.8 OS | Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM | Canon Extender EF 2x III | Editing of photos is okay.

Doc's Shots (external link) USMMcNeese72 Flickr Page (external link)

sponsored links

5,035 views & 10 likes for this thread
Precision Color ink refillers - Post your experiences and advice please
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.