Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 07 Sep 2017 (Thursday) 16:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Thank you Domke :)

Eric ­ Hopp
100 posts
Gallery: 75 photos
Joined Apr 2017

Feb 28, 2018 11:55 as a reply to  @ post 18569944 |  #31

I can stuff my F6 Domke bag. :-D

What I like about the F6 is the compactness and portability, over that of the F2. All I need from the bag is to get from Point A to Point B. After that, the cameras and lenses come out for shooting. The first pic shows my F6 bag with a 6D, a 7D, a 24-105mm f4L, a 70-200mm f4L, and a 10-18mm wide lens. I'll place the lens hoods, camera strap, and movo camera sling on top of the bag. If I am traveling by car, I can place the camera slings and lens hoods in a reusable grocery bag. The second pic shows if I were to be traveling with everything in the bag.

If I were to bring the 100-400mm lens, instead of the 70-200mm lens, I'd probably take out the 10-18mm lens. I'd change to a two camera / two lens setup for the bag, with the 24-105mm and 100-400mm lenses. It is a tight fit, but it works for compactness. I will still use the F2, if I am going to bring extra camera bodies and lenses, then swap into the working F6 bag.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

jcothron
Goldmember
2,844 posts
Gallery: 314 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 28, 2018 13:35 |  #32

Eric Hopp wrote in post #18574513 (external link)
I can stuff my F6 Domke bag. :-D

What I like about the F6 is the compactness and portability, over that of the F2. All I need from the bag is to get from Point A to Point B. After that, the cameras and lenses come out for shooting. The first pic shows my F6 bag with a 6D, a 7D, a 24-105mm f4L, a 70-200mm f4L, and a 10-18mm wide lens. I'll place the lens hoods, camera strap, and movo camera sling on top of the bag. If I am traveling by car, I can place the camera slings and lens hoods in a reusable grocery bag. The second pic shows if I were to be traveling with everything in the bag.

If I were to bring the 100-400mm lens, instead of the 70-200mm lens, I'd probably take out the 10-18mm lens. I'd change to a two camera / two lens setup for the bag, with the 24-105mm and 100-400mm lenses. It is a tight fit, but it works for compactness. I will still use the F2, if I am going to bring extra camera bodies and lenses, then swap into the working F6 bag.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Eric Hopp in
./showthread.php?p=185​74513&i=i86226902
forum: Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Eric Hopp in
./showthread.php?p=185​74513&i=i161377690
forum: Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases

Ahhh, I see what you are doing now. In my head I had lenses attached to the body since that's the way I work. I can see where this would be great for pure transport situations. Good stuff.

John
Gear List|My Flickr (external link)|Website (external link)|
Instagram (external link)

Jarvis ­ Creative ­ Studios
Goldmember
2,374 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Aug 2013
Post edited 6 months ago by Jarvis Creative Studios.

Feb 28, 2018 13:48 |  #33

I was seriously considering a Domke messenger bag at one point, but didn't want to have to re-wax it every so often so I passed. I know they have the ones without wax but they weren't appealing to me.

In the end I got the Salvatore Bug Out bag and then picked up the Think Tank Urban Approach 10 as a smaller shoulder bag, and I'm very happy with both.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Sony HX90V || Sony RX100V || Sony a6500 || Sony a9 || Sony E 10-18mm f/4 OSS || Sony FE 24-70 f/2.8 GM || Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA || Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f1.8 ZA || Sony FE 70-200 f/2.8 GM OSS || Godox speedlights and strobes

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

3,886 views & 26 likes for this thread
Thank you Domke :)
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.