Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 03 Nov 2017 (Friday) 09:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lightroom Presets Order

kajo
22 posts
Joined Dec 2014

Nov 03, 2017 09:20 |  #1

I have Lightroom 5.7.1 on my main PC and recently bought a new MacBook Pro. I copied all my presets from my presets folder on my PC to the presets folder of the MBP.

Now on the MBP, some of the preset lists (library/filmstrip image filters for example) are listed in a different order. I'm expecting them to be in alphabetical order (like how they are on my PC) but they are in a totally random order. Also when I rename one of the presets in the list, the list automatically goes into alphabetical order. This is great but I have to do this every time I open Lightroom on the MBP.

Has anyone else seen this issue and found a solution?

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
21,548 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Nov 03, 2017 10:28 |  #2

I don't own or use Lightroom so I'm not certain, but I'd be willing to bet that somewhere in settings(preferences) or maybe under the Presets or View tab that there is a way to change the ordering of the presets. You'll find choices of alphabetical, creation date, size, etc. Choose alphabetical.

Mark

kajo
THREAD ­ STARTER
22 posts
Joined Dec 2014

Nov 03, 2017 22:04 |  #3

rrblint wrote in post #18487635 (external link)
I don't own or use Lightroom so I'm not certain, but I'd be willing to bet that somewhere in settings(preferences) or maybe under the Presets or View tab that there is a way to change the ordering of the presets. You'll find choices of alphabetical, creation date, size, etc. Choose alphabetical.

I checked and there doesn't seem to be an option.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,730 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lightroom Presets Order
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.