Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 10 Dec 2017 (Sunday) 11:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5D4 or 1DX

apersson850
Cream of the Crop
11,820 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jan 03, 2018 08:08 |  #91

If it's a VEEERY big battery it could be MegaAmpHours. :-)
One can always discuss what's most important, but a veeery good rule is not to make an error when the cost of making it right isn't higher. Like in this case.

Anders

cristphoto
870 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jan 03, 2018 14:09 |  #92

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #18532118 (external link)
I hooked up one of these to my T3i. It was suddenly endowed with 45 AF points, vastly superior AF speed, and was shooting 13 frames a second... until it burst into flames!  :p

I hear the National Geo photographers get an adapter from JC Whitney to use a truck battery when they're in the Himalayas for six months. No need for a charger but the Sherpa's p*ss and moan about carrying them in their backpacks. :-D

5D MKIV, 5D MKIII, 1D MKIV, 24L II, 35L, 50L, 85LIS, 100LIS Macro, 135L, 300LIS, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200LIS, 100-400LIS

Peter2516
Cream of the Crop
25,960 posts
Gallery: 855 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2010

Jan 04, 2018 11:17 |  #93

johnf3f wrote in post #18514947 (external link)
I primarily use a very long lens and AF is the No1 priority for me - especially tracking.

I have tried the 5D4 a few times and am rather impressed and for most uses/users I think it is a better choice so long as the price difference isn't huge! Having said that I didn't feel that the AF was quite as quick as my 1DX and the tracking wasn't quite as good on my main lens. Yes we are splitting hairs here (!) the 5D4 has an excellent AF system but on my Canon 800 F5.6 L IS I found the 1DX to have the edge.

For more general uses I would take the 5D4 in a heartbeat as in most respects it is a "better" camera in my opinion.

Just my 2p.

I agree. I had my 5D4 for 2 weeks and sold it to buy a used 1DX.

Peter
http://www.flickriver.​com/photos/peterbangay​an (external link)
EOS 5D Mark IV, 7D Mark I & II/Canon T2i Gripped/EF 500mm f/4L IS USM MK1 / EF70-200mm f2.8L IS II USM / EF70-200 f4L USM/ EFS 10-22mm/EFS 17-55mm/EFS 18-200mm/Canon 1.4x II/Canon 2x III/ 430EXII / 580EXII

sparqk
384 posts
Gallery: 77 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 06, 2018 18:49 as a reply to  @ Peter2516's post |  #94

I went from a 5d3 to a 1dx a year or so ago. The auto focus would not lock on to muddy dirt bikes effectively. So I had the same Dilemma you are going through. I liked the 1dx for the similar. controls , fast auto focus , frames per second and 1d build quality. I also thought that when using my 5d3 as a second body there might be a little better flow, with controls. I took the 1dx and ran with it and have had no second thoughts. I will probably step up to the 1dx2 next fall , I just really like the form factor

http://flic.kr/ps/2tzL​AL (external link)
Comments are welcome
Doug

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

15,603 views & 63 likes for this thread
5D4 or 1DX
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.