Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera 
Thread started 19 Dec 2017 (Tuesday) 11:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5dmark iv vs 5dsr

James ­ Crockett
175 posts
Joined May 2017

Dec 19, 2017 11:42 |  #1

Which wold you rather have? photography use portraits, family pictures, engagement sessions etc.. I love the 5dsr but 6400 Iso keeps you limited. thanks and hope all is well.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
33,415 posts
Gallery: 79 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited 7 months ago by TeamSpeed. (2 edits in all)

Dec 19, 2017 12:45 |  #2

If resolution and most detail you can muster is of utmost priority for you, then the 5DSR. If AF, burst speed, high ISO, low ISO DR, touch screen, DPAF, dual card slots, 4K video, and a host of other features will enhance your experiences in what you shoot, then the 5D4.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)

ACESFULL82
666 posts
Gallery: 80 photos
Joined Aug 2013

Dec 19, 2017 12:49 |  #3

Wouldnt think you would need ISO 6400 for those.

Canon crap and Canon lenses

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
33,415 posts
Gallery: 79 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited 7 months ago by TeamSpeed. (3 edits in all)

Dec 19, 2017 15:39 |  #4

Many times you might be shooting kids in a low light house, or family gatherings, and even engagement shots might need a bit of ambience like a candlelit dinner... If you have slow lenses, your ISO will go up too. If you have to really raise your shutter speeds, your ISO may go up. Dramas with your kids in it, nightime sports, etc.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)

mdvaden
Goldmember
2,227 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Dec 22, 2017 09:53 |  #5

I bought a refurbished 5D mk iii plus a 5DS and from that alone I know the 5D mk iv would be my choice for portraits and weddings given the two options you asked about. I go to the redwood forest a lot and use the 5DS out there, which is essentially the same as the 5DSR. And the statements about slightly faster shutter speed or tripod are applicable. And the files are potentially so large, I set the 5DS on Small or Medium when taking portraits with it. I use both cameras for studio with lighting and the 5DS (R) provides lovely portraits.

But simply for weddings and portraits, the 5D mk iv would be a clear choice if I was buying another.

vadenphotography.com (external link) . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Page (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

674 views & 2 likes for this thread
5dmark iv vs 5dsr
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.