Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 29 Dec 2017 (Friday) 15:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Flashpoint StreakLight 360

Mike ­ T.M.
515 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Dec 29, 2017 15:07 |  #1

Hi all,

I have the Flashpoint StreakLight 360 and I'm looking for a good softbox that will fit it? I know I need to buy an adapter, but not too sure which one?

Thanks,

MTM

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
8,456 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jun 2011
Post edited 6 months ago by Left Handed Brisket.

Dec 29, 2017 15:11 |  #2

Bowens mount is a widely used standard.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

rantercsr
Goldmember
2,373 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Mar 2014
Post edited 6 months ago by rantercsr.

Dec 29, 2017 15:18 |  #3

I have a bowens mount now.. but before that i have Apollo orbit , goes on the same an umbrella would

https://www.adorama.co​m …WNPfYyVn4kEhoCA​h8QAvD_BwE (external link)

If on a small budget .. works well for what it cost.. hotspots can be annoying
But it's decent

Fuji XH1 / Panasonic GH5 / Sony A7R3 / Canon t4i / Pentax K1000
My portraits IG (external link)My everything else IG (external link)
MY flickr (external link)

dmward
Cream of the Crop
8,993 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 29, 2017 17:38 |  #4

If you have or want to use soft boxes with speed rings there are two versions of the Bracket shown. One for Bowens S mount adapter rings and one for Elinchrom adapter rings. If you plan to get other Flashpoint lights in the Godox X system family the Bowens bracket is the better option.

If you want something light, compact and easy to setup, the Westcott Apollo type soft boxes work well. They will fit onto the 360 via the umbrella mount that screws onto the head. Putting the flash tube at the center of the modifier.

I've found that this mini boom is handy for providing enough off-set to make it easy to tip the modifier farther down.

https://www.paulcbuff.​com/mini-boom-arm-offset-arm.html (external link)

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

715 views & 0 likes for this thread
Flashpoint StreakLight 360
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.