Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts 
Thread started 03 Jan 2018 (Wednesday) 14:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My friends Drum "kit"

Dan ­ Knowlton
I love myrtle!
144 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2009
Post edited 3 months ago by Dan Knowlton.

Feb 24, 2018 19:50 as a reply to  @ post 18567219 |  #31

My personal favorite is Steve Smith - he can do it ALL musically. This is a more recent pic but when a drummer's first high-level gig out of school is the Jean Luc Ponty and then he goes on to play with an almost "unknown" band called Journey that has a few decent selling records and just goes on from there - you know he is special. He has been a session drummer and is in the hall of fame for drumming because of his skill. I was able to meet him and he was just a really nice guy!

BTW - the pic is from the Modern Drummer magazine.

Dan

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
Dan ­ Knowlton
I love myrtle!
144 posts
Joined Sep 2009
Post edited 3 months ago by Dan Knowlton.

Feb 27, 2018 16:05 |  #32

Although I am not playing drums now, I can't get rid of my kit even though they have been in their cases for the past 15 years. I really should take pics of my own kit, though. Mine has several more drums than this one.

HOSTED PHOTO

What I play now...

HOSTED PHOTO

Well, with a few more pedals than in that pic!

Dan

BJWOK
Cream of the Crop
5,683 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 12, 2018 18:56 |  #33

Is your friend Tim "Herb" Alexander from Primus? heheh

My name is Benon (BJWOK are my initials) :)
www.bjwok.com (external link) <<-- NEW LIGHTROOM CC & LIGHTROOM CC CLASSIC PRESETS FOR MUSIC PHOTOGRAPHERS
Benon Koebsch - Photographer (external link) (Facebook)
Gives A Minute (external link) (YouTube channel)

Paranoid-smurf
61 posts
Joined Dec 2016

Apr 14, 2018 18:37 |  #34

bitchen

aezoss
366 posts
Gallery: 58 photos
Joined Nov 2013

Apr 23, 2018 22:45 |  #35

BJWOK wrote in post #18605642 (external link)
Is your friend Tim "Herb" Alexander from Primus? heheh

This got me thinking about some of the more obscure stuff Herb's played on. He worked with Linda Cushma on The Brides 'Dalmatian Car' album. I bought a copy direct from Linda and she sent a handwritten note along with it. It was the nicest thing. Better Psychotic is a killer track. Classic Herb.

Canvas, from Laundry's Blacktongue record, is an odd, haunting, song. Toby Hawkins' vox aren't everyone's cup of tea but it works well with Ian Varriale's stick playing and Tim's tom laden groove.

Tim's drumming on Michael Manring's Thonk is a funky departure, esp the fourth song Disturbed. Manring is one of the few bass players who can make bass-centric music sound like actual songs and not a collection of technical exercises. Alex Skolnick's shredding helps a lot in this album.

Sorry for the OT rambling. If anyone's got original shots of The Ginseng Drummer from the 90's post em!

Lee

BJWOK
Cream of the Crop
5,683 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 24, 2018 01:05 as a reply to  @ aezoss's post |  #36

Oddly enough man, I shot him last week performing with Primus again. To be fair the shots are rubbish and he is great to hear, but not so much to visualise :( Photos coning soon!

My name is Benon (BJWOK are my initials) :)
www.bjwok.com (external link) <<-- NEW LIGHTROOM CC & LIGHTROOM CC CLASSIC PRESETS FOR MUSIC PHOTOGRAPHERS
Benon Koebsch - Photographer (external link) (Facebook)
Gives A Minute (external link) (YouTube channel)

sponsored links

2,413 views & 39 likes for this thread
My friends Drum "kit"
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.