Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 06 Jan 2018 (Saturday) 11:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Photoshop CC- Text on a circle

omeyas
22 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Jan 06, 2018 11:28 |  #1

I have done this lots of times, but not for a while, and now when I type text, instead of following above the circle, the text is inside of the circle. When I did it earlier, it was fine, but now despite revisiting tutorials, I can't see what I have done! ;-( Obviously something simple that I'm overlooking, path is selected, I get the correct sign when selecting text and hovering over the circle, any kind soul see where I'm going wrong?
Thanks

sponsored links
john ­ crossley
Goldmember
2,144 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jan 06, 2018 15:42 |  #2

omeyas wrote in post #18534893 (external link)
I have done this lots of times, but not for a while, and now when I type text, instead of following above the circle, the text is inside of the circle. When I did it earlier, it was fine, but now despite revisiting tutorials, I can't see what I have done! ;-( Obviously something simple that I'm overlooking, path is selected, I get the correct sign when selecting text and hovering over the circle, any kind soul see where I'm going wrong?
Thanks

Select the PATH SELECTION TOOL and then drag the text to the outside of the circle.

Some days I'm the dog, some days I'm the lamppost.

omeyas
THREAD ­ STARTER
22 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Jan 06, 2018 16:28 as a reply to  @ john crossley's post |  #3

Any idea why it is appearing inside, it never used to?
Thanks

Damo77
Goldmember
4,583 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 06, 2018 16:54 |  #4

Can you show us a screenshot?

Damien
Website (external link) | Facebook (external link)

john ­ crossley
Goldmember
2,144 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jan 07, 2018 04:38 |  #5

omeyas wrote in post #18535089 (external link)
Any idea why it is appearing inside, it never used to?
Thanks

It depends on how you created the circle path.

If you create it by using the ELIPSE tool the text will appear on the outside of the circle.
If you create it using the PEN tool moving in a clockwise direction the text will appear on the outside of the circle.
If you create it using the PEN tool moving in an ANTI-CLOCKWISE direction then the text will appear on the inside of the circle.

Some days I'm the dog, some days I'm the lamppost.

omeyas
THREAD ­ STARTER
22 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Jan 07, 2018 12:55 as a reply to  @ john crossley's post |  #6

That inverts the text.

omeyas
THREAD ­ STARTER
22 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Jan 07, 2018 13:00 as a reply to  @ Damo77's post |  #7

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

omeyas
THREAD ­ STARTER
22 posts
Joined Jan 2004
Post edited 5 months ago by omeyas. (3 edits in all)

Jan 07, 2018 13:03 as a reply to  @ john crossley's post |  #8

I have drawn the circle with the elipse tool, shortcut U, but it still happens.

Not sure if this works, but a screen record here, https://www.dropbox.co​m …2/Produce_scree​n.mov?dl=0 (external link)

Appreciate the help, thanks all.

PS Ignore the sound, seems like I had a youtube tutorial running at the same time!

Damo77
Goldmember
4,583 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 07, 2018 14:50 |  #9

Have you gone to your Character panel, and to the little panel submenu, and chosen "Reset Character", to eliminate the possibility of any funny business there?

Damien

omeyas
THREAD ­ STARTER
22 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Jan 07, 2018 15:10 as a reply to  @ Damo77's post |  #10

As soon as I read your post, I thought "that's it!". As you probably know, when you want to line up the bottom text, right way up, to move it out, decreasing the bottom left box in character does exactly that, it was set at -35 from a previous attempt! So many thanks for that, you're the man! ;-)a

Damo77
Goldmember
4,583 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 07, 2018 15:31 |  #11

Awesome.

Damien

sponsored links

1,612 views & 4 likes for this thread
Photoshop CC- Text on a circle
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.