Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 11 Jan 2018 (Thursday) 17:08
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

CRM or Model Database

inwardphoto
157 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Jan 11, 2018 17:08 |  #1

My homegrown kluge google setup to keep track of models, their info, sizes, etc and when we shot together crashed and burned.

Anyone have any suggestions? I’m an Apple Fanboy so ideally it would work on MAC and IOS devices.

banquetbear
Goldmember
1,586 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Jan 12, 2018 07:25 |  #2

inwardphoto wrote in post #18538912 (external link)
My homegrown kluge google setup to keep track of models, their info, sizes, etc and when we shot together crashed and burned.

Anyone have any suggestions? I’m an Apple Fanboy so ideally it would work on MAC and IOS devices.

...if you've got the budget have a look at Filemaker.

http://www.filemaker.c​om/ (external link)

I use it on a PC, but it was originally designed for the Mac and probably works better on the Mac, and Filemaker Go works on all IOS devices.

Its a relational database: so its very good at managing your data, but you have to set it up first. Fortunately that's relatively easy to do once you get your head around how relational databases work, and it is very very easy to make the "front end" look nice. Its completely customizable, so you can include whatever fields you like, you can create a model release that they can sign on location and snap their picture, and then email them a copy. But as I mentioned you have to set all this up first.

(Disclaimer, I've built my own filemaker database to run my business, and have been a happy filemaker user for nearly 8 years, but I haven't been paid to say this, bla bla)

www.bigmark.co.nzexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

715 views & 0 likes for this thread
CRM or Model Database
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.