I decided tonight to have a go at re processing some of my RAW files I shot last december, I went through all of the frames and threw away the worse ones, I was left with about 50, so I decided to run them through dss again just using the default settings.
To be honest the stacker does seem to tidy the image up but makes all the stars blown out and incresed in size.
Also while processing to me the stars even in the individual RAW frames - still look blown out as they are too bright, I have tried to bring this down by pulling back on the highlight slider and whites slider, and also applying some blacks to try to reduce the size of the blown out stars.
Anyway here is my latest attempt - I hope I am going in the right post processing direction, as this seems far more involving than the taking of the photos in then first place/
Thank you for all your help and patience.