Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 18 Jan 2018 (Thursday) 12:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

RTK MART

thebishopp
Goldmember
1,903 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jan 18, 2018 12:52 |  #1

Greetings,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask BUT:

Has anyone had any dealings with RTK Mart?

"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." My Zen (external link)

sponsored links
Snydremark
my very own Lightrules moment
18,249 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 18, 2018 15:31 |  #2

Have a link or anything? Are they a web store or brick and mortar somewhere?

- Eric S.: My Birds/Wildlife (external link) (7D MkII/5D IV, Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Canon 24-105L f/4 IS, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS MkII, Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS I/II)
"The easiest way to improve your photos is to adjust the loose nut between the shutter release and the ground."

thebishopp
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,903 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jan 19, 2018 12:34 |  #3

Tried to find their link again and now it's gone. Reason I was asking is they had the 1dx Mark II on sale for just over 3k.

"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." My Zen (external link)

Snydremark
my very own Lightrules moment
18,249 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 19, 2018 13:50 as a reply to  @ thebishopp's post |  #4

Sounds fairly sketchy...generally a good idea to stick with better known retailers and the old addage about too good to be true *really* solidly applies to photography gear. The margins on the gear are not such that someone's going to make money selling items *that* far below market for new gear.

When in doubt, it never hurts to take the vendor you're looking at and go swing over to Reseller Ratings to look them up further. https://www.resellerra​tings.com/ (external link) works for both brick 'n mortar and web stores. If you don't find 'em there at all, for web stores, I would take that as a cue to forget about them completely, in general.

- Eric S.: My Birds/Wildlife (external link) (7D MkII/5D IV, Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Canon 24-105L f/4 IS, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS MkII, Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS I/II)
"The easiest way to improve your photos is to adjust the loose nut between the shutter release and the ground."

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
7,925 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Jan 19, 2018 17:40 |  #5

Buy from Adorama, B&H, Manufacturer, or POTN sale pages. I've purchased 8 or 9 bodies, and maybe 30 lenses over the last few years. I've never had a problem with any equipment, or any seller. I go with what works.

P.S.: Sold the majority of that gear right here.

Tom

mikeinctown
Goldmember
2,030 posts
Joined May 2012

Jan 20, 2018 11:04 |  #6

Given the cost I wouldn't trust it with a single dollar of my money. Even at cost you could never get a body that cheap. If you want to save money on a 1D series, look for Buckeye1 here, a used from someone else, or get lucky if B&H or Adorama offers a big bundle. (or you could try canonpricewatch or greentoe.)

mynameisjeff
Mostly Lurking
18 posts
Joined Dec 2015

Jan 20, 2018 17:54 |  #7

On friday, I was on their store because of dji drones a third of the price.
However, I went back to that link, and it turns out that the shop was taken down.
My guess it that it was a scam store.-?

Buckeye1
Goldmember
3,185 posts
Gallery: 22 photos
Joined May 2005

Jan 20, 2018 21:10 |  #8

mikeinctown wrote in post #18545120 (external link)
Given the cost I wouldn't trust it with a single dollar of my money. Even at cost you could never get a body that cheap. If you want to save money on a 1D series, look for Buckeye1 here, a used from someone else, or get lucky if B&H or Adorama offers a big bundle. (or you could try canonpricewatch or greentoe.)

I do have a brand new one with receipt from an authorized dealer for only $5100. Extra genuine LP-E19 is only $100 with the purchase!

PS - thanks, Mike :-)

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,697 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Jan 21, 2018 18:21 |  #9

Oh, yeah, fer sure, a new 1Dx2 for 3100. Gotta be legit. Not.

Buy from buckeye1. You save hundreds and he’s one of the best sellers here.

thebishopp
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,903 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jan 24, 2018 09:03 as a reply to  @ Buckeye1's post |  #10

Buckeye, do you have a website or do we contact you via pm?

juanpafer
Goldmember
1,801 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined May 2009

Jan 24, 2018 19:16 |  #11

PM him. Just look two posts up

Juan

sponsored links

1,984 views & 6 likes for this thread
RTK MART
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.