Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera 
Thread started 23 Jan 2018 (Tuesday) 19:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Nikon D750 vs Canon 6D MK II

Applesauce
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Jan 2018

Jan 23, 2018 19:18 |  #1

I am fortunate enough to own both of these fine cameras and will share my thoughts on them. First of all I do not regret the purchase of either and would recommend both to prospective buyers. In all fairness I should point out that I have a more extensive lens collection for the Nikon. I like the Nikon because it has two SD card slots. I know many who feel that not important but I have been victimized before so it means a little more to me since then. I also think the flash and flash commander in the Nikon is better and cheaper. I have an SB700 speedlight and use it as a slave with nothing more to buy. The Canon has no built in flash so I have to buy two speedlights and a trigger. The Canon viewfinder is smaller and I find myself creeping closer to my subjects to get the composition I want. I like the Canon built in GPS feature, it saves a step in post P. I also think the Canon light meter is more accurate than the Nikon. I use exposure compensation on the Nikon a lot. The Canon not so much. I don't use either to the extremes that ISO ranges are that important to me and I use neither to shoot video. Like all the cameras I've owned since 1968 I've yet to buy one I didn't like, and these two are no exceptions. As far as images are concerned it would be hard to tell them apart. A professional may be able to squeeze out advantages in either one to his/her benefit, but I think the photos are equal. I think they are both great products and for Nikon guys, buy a 750, for Canon guys the 6D II is a great camera.

AzzKicker
Goldmember
1,099 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Feb 15, 2018 15:34 |  #2

I literally just received my D750 today. Its my first Nikon ever. I've owned Canon 10D, 20D, 40D, 5D, 5D3's, 7D, 1D3,1D3s,1DIV. I have to say, I love this D750. I think its a badass packaged camera. Honestly to me the DR and IQ is better than any of the Nikons I've used with the exception of the 5D probably. The 5D dynamic range is tough to beat. However, I will give CANON better score for ergonomics and button layout. The Layout and controls of the Nikon honestly suck. Luckily I don't buy cameras for layout.

The other thing I'd like to mention is the Nikon 50 1.8 lens is way better than the canon counter part. At least this little lens feels well made and not like some cheap piece of crap plastic. It also at least has weather sealing as well. Not bad considering its an under 200.00 lens.

Ruben D. Zamora
Canon 6D Mark II, Canon 20-35L,Genesis 200 Strobe

Heywood ­ Jablome
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Mar 2017

Feb 16, 2018 03:01 |  #3

Applesauce wrote in post #18547663 (external link)
I am fortunate enough to own both of these fine cameras and will share my thoughts on them. First of all I do not regret the purchase of either and would recommend both to prospective buyers. In all fairness I should point out that I have a more extensive lens collection for the Nikon. I like the Nikon because it has two SD card slots. I know many who feel that not important but I have been victimized before so it means a little more to me since then. I also think the flash and flash commander in the Nikon is better and cheaper. I have an SB700 speedlight and use it as a slave with nothing more to buy. The Canon has no built in flash so I have to buy two speedlights and a trigger. The Canon viewfinder is smaller and I find myself creeping closer to my subjects to get the composition I want. I like the Canon built in GPS feature, it saves a step in post P. I also think the Canon light meter is more accurate than the Nikon. I use exposure compensation on the Nikon a lot. The Canon not so much. I don't use either to the extremes that ISO ranges are that important to me and I use neither to shoot video. Like all the cameras I've owned since 1968 I've yet to buy one I didn't like, and these two are no exceptions. As far as images are concerned it would be hard to tell them apart. A professional may be able to squeeze out advantages in either one to his/her benefit, but I think the photos are equal. I think they are both great products and for Nikon guys, buy a 750, for Canon guys the 6D II is a great camera.

I, like you, am fortunate enough as well to own both Nikon,Canon and Sony cameras. I used to shoot with a Nikon D810 but switched to the D750 when I got to handle one at a local camera store. It felt "just right" in my hands. Not too heavy and the flip screen was an eye opener for me. At first, I didn't use it much. But the more I used the D750, I came to appreciate the flip screen, just like on my Sony A6000. The Sony is my take on vacation camera. Very unobtrusive, looks like a PS and doesn't attract unwanted attention. The Canon 5D mk. iii, I got because of the whole Nikon VS Canon drama. All the stuff on the internet wasn't going to satisfy my curiosity. I needed to be able to actually do a side by side comparison.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

693 views & 0 likes for this thread
Nikon D750 vs Canon 6D MK II
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.