Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
Thread started 09 Feb 2018 (Friday) 22:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Fuji X-H1 with IBIS

benji25
971 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jan 2010

Feb 27, 2018 12:39 |  #136

rantercsr wrote in post #18573663 (external link)
Based on research seems some reviewers say the fuji ibis over corrects sometimes , leading to some weird jerkiness..
So has a hard time sometimes differentiating between intended movement and not intentional.
How ever should be correctable with firmware upgrades.. as its similar to what panasonic and Olympus experienced during there first attempts at ibis

I am waiting for IAIS - In Arm Image Stabilization in which you replace your arms with bionic arms that act as image stabilization/gimbals all in one.

Then and only then will my clients be satisfied with how steady my shots are.

Website (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Menelaus
Goldmember
1,229 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Feb 27, 2018 13:29 as a reply to  @ post 18573663 |  #137

It's obvious when you watch test footage. The IBIS "snaps" at the corners of movement, i.e. moving left, then right, there is a visible shift that occurs at the end of the left motion, before the right motion starts.

I agree it's likely fixable in a FW update.

Menelaus
Goldmember
1,229 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Feb 28, 2018 11:15 |  #138

https://www.fujirumors​.com …-owners-manual-available/ (external link)

The manual is out, get reading!

jrscls
Goldmember
2,954 posts
Gallery: 55 photos
Joined Mar 2008
Post edited 3 months ago by jrscls. (2 edits in all)

Mar 04, 2018 18:55 |  #139

I have been trying to resist getting the X-H1, but today while shopping with my wife, I realized there was a dealer nearby. I called to see if they had the X-H1 with grip in stock, and an hour later, I was driving home with a new camera. All my lenses are primes, so the IBIS was a big incentive, especially that 90 f/2. First impressions are that the AF is much faster in lower light, the shutter button has a much different feel and sound (as in really quiet) compared to the X-T2, the IBIS works well and the camera with vertical grip feels really nice. I also liked that the EVF has a bit of offset distance so less nose rubbing on the LCD screen. Other than the battery life, this seems like a good DSLR replacement with the benefits of the EVF, IBIS, tactile controls and of course the Fuji lenses.

Fujifilm X-T2 with VPB-XT2, 16mm f/1.4, 23mm f/1.4, 35mm f/1.4, 56mm f/1.2, 80mm f/2.8 OIS Macro, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 OIS, 1.4x TC, Flashpoint R2 Strobes/Flashes

rantercsr
Goldmember
2,324 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Mar 04, 2018 18:59 |  #140

jrscls wrote in post #18577663 (external link)
I have been trying to resist getting the X-H1, but today while shopping with my wife, I realized their was a dealer nearby. I called to see if they had the X-H1 with grip in stock, and an hour later, I was driving home with a new camera. All my lenses are primes, so the IBIS was a big incentive, especially that 90 f/2. First impressions are that the AF is much faster in lower light, the shutter button has a much different feel and sound (as in really quiet) compared to the X-T2, the IBIS works well and the camera with vertical grip feels really nice. I also liked that the EVF has a bit of offset distance so less nose rubbing on the LCD screen. Other than the battery life, this seems like a good DSLR replacement with the benefits of the EVF, IBIS, tactile controls and of course the Fuji lenses.

Nice to see im not the only one on this forum who couldn't resist..been enjoying mine very much

Fuji XH1 / Panasonic GH5 / Sony A7R3 / Canon t4i / Pentax K1000
My portraits IG (external link)My everything else IG (external link)
MY flickr (external link)

idkdc
Goldmember
2,837 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Mar 12, 2018 23:22 |  #141

The electronic front curtain and dampened mechanical rear curtain is a dream to use.

1DXII(2) | 5D4 | D850 | 8-800mm

benji25
971 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 15, 2018 19:17 |  #142

I have been debating for weeks on whether or not to buy the XH1. As it was sold out everywhere I didn't have a chance to hold one or use one. However my local store had a sample in when I stopped in tonight (none to buy).

After 10 minutes of playing with it I drove straight home and ordered one online as I need it to be here before my trip to hawaii next week. Yes it was that comfortable, quiet and nice feeling. I am not sure if I can go back to using my XT2.

Website (external link)
flickr (external link)

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
2,315 posts
Gallery: 257 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2014

Mar 24, 2018 19:17 |  #143

Lifted from Fuji Rumors's X-H1 users facebook page and posted to Fujirumors.com. The two bold lines I found interesting considering the 'information' posted on here. One users thoughts from use in the real world:

Shot my first 2018 wedding. Initial Thoughts on X-H1:

No bugs or issues. At all. Thankfully!
Highly Responsive.
Focus was very accurate in low light. Low light simply isn’t an issue.
ISO performance is amazing (I use 1.4 and 1.2 lenses so that helps a lot).
QUIET. I don’t think the bridal party knew I was taking any pictures lol
With the Godox trigger system and flashes, it tends to have a millisecond or so delay when clicking the shutter. Wasn’t too thrilled about that but it’s not a dealbreaker.
Shot close to 1000 raw photos until the battery was at 23% and I switched it then. Definitely can blow through a 32GB card at compressed raw file settings with one battery.
Noticed in broad daylight that the back LCD screen really needs to be brighter.
That’s all for now! I’m absolutely wiped! Lol

Fuji: X-PRO2, X-T1, X-E2 | 16/1.4, 18/2, 23/1.4, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 90/2, 16-55/2.8, 10-24/4. AD600BM, TT865F, AL-H198, ThinkTank AS2, Peli1514, Ona Bowery, Matthews Grip
Gear & Discounts (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)

jrscls
Goldmember
2,954 posts
Joined Mar 2008
Post edited 3 months ago by jrscls.

Mar 24, 2018 20:41 |  #144

Two Hot Shoes wrote in post #18593309 (external link)
Lifted from Fuji Rumors's X-H1 users facebook page and posted to Fujirumors.com. The two bold lines I found interesting considering the 'information' posted on here. One users thoughts from use in the real world:

Shot my first 2018 wedding. Initial Thoughts on X-H1:

No bugs or issues. At all. Thankfully!
Highly Responsive.
Focus was very accurate in low light. Low light simply isn’t an issue.
ISO performance is amazing (I use 1.4 and 1.2 lenses so that helps a lot).
QUIET. I don’t think the bridal party knew I was taking any pictures lol
With the Godox trigger system and flashes, it tends to have a millisecond or so delay when clicking the shutter. Wasn’t too thrilled about that but it’s not a dealbreaker.
Shot close to 1000 raw photos until the battery was at 23% and I switched it then. Definitely can blow through a 32GB card at compressed raw file settings with one battery.
Noticed in broad daylight that the back LCD screen really needs to be brighter.
That’s all for now! I’m absolutely wiped! Lol

Good to know. I have noticed a significant improvement with the X-H1 with AF in low light. Let's hope that trickles down to the X-T2 with a firmware upgrade. Also good to hear about the battery life. I haven't noticed any lag with the Godox system compared to the X-T2, but interesting observation. I can see where the silent shutter would be nice for wedding ceremonies as it really is quiet.

Fujifilm X-T2 with VPB-XT2, 16mm f/1.4, 23mm f/1.4, 35mm f/1.4, 56mm f/1.2, 80mm f/2.8 OIS Macro, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 OIS, 1.4x TC, Flashpoint R2 Strobes/Flashes

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
6,404 posts
Gallery: 57 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 24, 2018 22:38 |  #145

Rantercsr....please chime in about the low light AF........I'm eager to hear about this since this should be easily transferred in firmware for our older xpro2 and xt2.

Today I visited my a friend at my local camera shop. hmmmm they had an X-h1 in stock should I have purchased it :P

I was checking out the GFX again and it's certainly beefy hardware. A7R3 just feels more comfortable in my average sized hands. Different beast for different things.....

I had such a great chat today about camera geek talk. Seems in that camera shop its so odd how everyone is so excited about the A7iii compared to the X-h1. There still seems a rift between fuji shooters when it comes to the XH1 vs smaller form factor Xpro2/X-T2.

My other friend shoots both Fuji and Sony. He still feels Fuji excels for his travel but his A7 series just feels like a different beast in speed.

I'm sure interested to hear more about the X-h1 and better overall performance.... much needed improvement IMO.

5Dmkiv |5Dmkiii | 24LmkII | 35mm f/2 IS | 85 mkII L | 100L | 16-35L mkII | 24-70 f/2.8L mkii| 70-200 f/2.8 ISL mkII| 600EX-RT x2 | 580 EX II x2 | Einstein's
Fuji X-T2 w/battery booster | 16mm f/1.4 | 56 f/1.2 | 10-24 f/4.0 | 50-140 | TT685
Sony A7iii w/ Sigma MC-11 adapter | Godox V860iiS

Osa713
Goldmember
1,134 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Mar 24, 2018 23:01 |  #146

AlanU wrote in post #18593445 (external link)
I had such a great chat today about camera geek talk. Seems in that camera shop its so odd how everyone is so excited about the A7iii compared to the X-h1. There still seems a rift between fuji shooters when it comes to the XH1 vs smaller form factor Xpro2/X-T2.

Everyone? Seems like only you bring up the comparison around here...

LIGHT>LENS>BODY

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
6,404 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 24, 2018 23:30 |  #147

Osa713 wrote in post #18593461 (external link)
Everyone? Seems like only you bring up the comparison around here...

My bad..."Everyone" is a poor choice of words...... inexcusable I know, I know.. :) Just echoing my conversation that I had with my friend that's a hardcore Fuji shooter that also owns/shoots with a Nikon D810, 5dmk4, Canon M5 and soon to be A9. He has a lot more insight than me or you regarding real consumer demands in a camera "drool" store. There is a definite disappointment or chatter in the release of the X-h1 using a 2yrs old sensor in a "innovative" release of a fresh flagship body.

I'm pleased to hear someone indicates the X-H1 is a better performer than the old smaller form factor Fuji bodies. At least this is a hopeful firmware update in making the older bodies "better" in low light af.

5Dmkiv |5Dmkiii | 24LmkII | 35mm f/2 IS | 85 mkII L | 100L | 16-35L mkII | 24-70 f/2.8L mkii| 70-200 f/2.8 ISL mkII| 600EX-RT x2 | 580 EX II x2 | Einstein's
Fuji X-T2 w/battery booster | 16mm f/1.4 | 56 f/1.2 | 10-24 f/4.0 | 50-140 | TT685

Osa713
Goldmember
1,134 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Joined Jun 2011
Post edited 3 months ago by Osa713. (2 edits in all)

Mar 25, 2018 00:07 as a reply to  @ AlanU's post |  #148

AlanU wrote in post #18581969 (external link)
True indeed. My intent is to go that exact route as the Fuji X-H1 is roughly the same price but not even close in performance (specs wise). I'll admit both systems have different render.

Taken from another thread....:-D

LIGHT>LENS>BODY

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
6,404 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 25, 2018 00:33 |  #149

Osa713 wrote in post #18593490 (external link)
Taken from another thread....:-D

As you can see I love Fuji render. If the X-H1 came with a different new sensor and GFX battery I would have purchased it instantly.

As I've mentioned before. X-H1 peaked my interest but it lacked a new flagship fresh tech Cmos sensor. I was set to go to to buy a second new X-t2 in the AM.....when I discovered about the new A7iii the night before I pre ordered the A7iii instead.

Bridging the fuji with my Canon glass is a no go. The AF appears to be hit and miss. Testing the sony A7iii with Sigma MC-11 adapter with Canon mid tele zoom (Sony demo day) was noticeably more responsive than my Fuji X-t2 w/ 16mm prime I brought with my at the Sony demo. The adapted Canon glass was almost instant fast on the A7iii like native glass on my 5dmk4.

If the X-H2 with new sensor is as fast as the Sony A7iii with adapted canon glass (short-medium prime/mid tele zoom) that would have been a different story :) Only issue is the X-H2 doesn't exist yet :)

I dig my fuji but I'm not afraid to use other gear that does some things even better. I will add the fuji does some great things simply because of form factor. I couldn't just use fuji alone but that's my demands. I'm just grateful there's so much to choose these days.

jrscls
Goldmember
2,954 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Mar 25, 2018 04:11 |  #150

I use non-stabilized primes, and I find that my images are sharper with the X-H1, likely from a combination of the IBIS, less shutter shock and improved AF. In fact, the X-H1 focuses instantly in near darkness now, much better than the X-T2. For a wedding photographer, the X-H1 would be a great choice IMO. As far as the sensor, I love the one on the X-T2 and the former improvements are more important to me right now until the new sensor is released.

sponsored links

10,217 views & 141 likes for this thread
Fuji X-H1 with IBIS
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.