Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 18 Feb 2018 (Sunday) 09:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

LightroomForums.Net closes after 10 years

MCAsan
Goldmember
3,721 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Feb 18, 2018 09:41 |  #1

After 10 years of providing expert help and assistance to Lr users, Victoria the Lightroom Queen has decided to close LightroomForums.Net. Lr users have lost a great resource.

sponsored links
Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
4,941 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

Feb 20, 2018 02:57 |  #2

Oh dear that is a pity. It's a great site, with lots of helpful users.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
13,079 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 20, 2018 04:10 |  #3

She is thinking about it based on a few responses.

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

MCAsan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,721 posts
Joined Jun 2010
Post edited 4 months ago by MCAsan. (2 edits in all)

Feb 20, 2018 08:50 |  #4

The original post by Victoria was that it was a done deal. Now she has edited the post to indicate there could be a possibility of continuing. I guess we will know next week either way.

The news evidently got the attention of Adobe Product Management.

"Thank you Victoria. I have many thoughts and emotions on this topic but I'll limit myself to the following:
Lightroom's continued success wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the support of this community
This community wouldn't have thrived without this sentiment, "The atmosphere and style of help we've cultivated here is something I'm very proud of, but I've come to realise that it's due to the way WE treat people, rather than the website we're using."
If there's anything we can do on Adobe's managed platforms(Help forums and bug reporting forums) to help ease this transition please let me know. We're also investing in more modern approaches to feedback including interactions within the application.

Sincerely,
Tom Hogarty
Adobe Systems"

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
33,283 posts
Gallery: 72 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited 4 months ago by TeamSpeed.

Feb 20, 2018 08:52 |  #5

What will happen to POTN if Pekka is unable to continue support and development? It is a built-from-scratch solution that only Pekka is familiar with. Everything in this life comes to an end eventually. :(

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
13,079 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 20, 2018 09:53 |  #6

Been through a big loss once. Digital Image Cafe. Best daily online contest site I have ever ben part of. 7 categories every day and that was it. If you won your image was on the front page with the others the next day. No pop up adds, no looking around the site to try and find it, etc. Good talent and something to wake up to everyday. Judged by peers and if you wanted you could judge for a month at a time and they ask your to be once a year. That place opened you to all different types of photography. Prizes for monthly and quarterly wins.

There was a modest membership fee. It went under once, picked up by a previous member and then finally folded. Running websites is a 24/7 job. I really miss it a lot.

Image Editing OK

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
13,079 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 23, 2018 03:20 |  #7

Guess I helped a little to save it.

https://www.lightroomf​orums.net …ons/the-forum-lives.2914/ (external link)

Image Editing OK

Victoria ­ Bampton
Goldmember
1,367 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 23, 2018 04:11 |  #8

I'm really touched that Lightroom Forums is appreciated by so many people, and yes, as a result of all the positive feedback, I've come up with a plan B that will hopefully make it sustainable for years to come.

So I'm thrilled to confirm we are staying open! :-)

Victoria :D
Lightroom Queen website (external link)
Free & Comprehensive Lightroom Books (external link)
Free List of Lightroom Keyboard Shortcuts (external link)

Inspeqtor
I never knew that!
6,506 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 23, 2018 14:14 |  #9

digital paradise wrote in post #18570258 (external link)

Your link is not working.....

Charles
Canon EOS 60D Gripped * Canon EOS XSi * Flickr Account (external link)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
13,079 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 23, 2018 16:06 |  #10

Guess it is a PM.

Image Editing OK

MCAsan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,721 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Feb 24, 2018 07:30 |  #11

New home of LightroomForums: https://www.lightroomq​ueen.com/community/ (external link)

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
11,948 posts
Gallery: 138 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 24, 2018 10:33 |  #12

digital paradise wrote in post #18570258 (external link)

Could you please share with me what it says at the link that you provided?

When I click on the link, I get a page that says, "You must be logged in to do that".

I can't log in because I don't have an account there, and am not likely to start one because I am not a Lightroom user.

So if you could just tell us what it says there at that webpage I would appreciate it. . I am especially interested in how you, personally, helped to save that forum.

Thank you.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Inspeqtor
I never knew that!
6,506 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 24, 2018 15:24 |  #13

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18571119 (external link)

When I click on the link, I get a page that says, "You must be logged in to do that".

I can't log in because I don't have an account there, and am not likely to start one because I am not a Lightroom user.

So if you could just tell us what it says there at that webpage I would appreciate it. . I am especially interested in how you, personally, helped to save that forum.

Thank you.

I am also not a Lightroom user, even though I did buy LR, I just did not like using it...

I would also like to know how the OP saved the forum.

Charles
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
13,079 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 25, 2018 01:44 |  #14

Thank you.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Image Editing OK

Inspeqtor
I never knew that!
6,506 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 25, 2018 01:56 |  #15

digital paradise wrote in post #18571669 (external link)

Thank you.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by digital paradise in
./showthread.php?p=185​71669&i=i130283969
forum: RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Thank you for this.

I "assume" you are Zenon??

Charles

sponsored links

1,872 views & 13 likes for this thread
LightroomForums.Net closes after 10 years
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.