Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 20 Feb 2018 (Tuesday) 10:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Wedding packages / prices

Aressem
Goldmember
4,355 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 20, 2018 10:55 |  #1

Please share you options for wedding packages including price and what’s included. A link to your portfolio would be great too.

Ryan Mackay WEBSITE (external link) | FACEBOOK (external link) | GEAR LIST | Buy & Sell Feedback: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

sponsored links
Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
40,183 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited 4 months ago by Wilt. (5 edits in all)

Feb 20, 2018 13:30 |  #2

Ryan,
What is in the package and how much that package costs will only make sense within the context of a city/locale very similar to yours!

What we charge and include in the San Francisco area is so out of context with even Merced CA as to be meaningless to someone in Merced (where mean income is 55% of San Jose CA), or even to someone in San Diego (where mean income is about 80% of San Jose CA. Stockton CA, which is only about 80 minutes east of San Jose has only 52% of the mean income.

Central City has 75% of the mean income of Denver, so even comparing to cities in your state has to be done with care.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Colin ­ Glover
Goldmember
1,251 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Feb 23, 2018 04:34 |  #3

And it depends on how many togs are in your area. The more there are, the lower prices will be. Take a look at competitor prices and services, and then say undercut by 10%, no more. Then decide if you'd be better off traveling to gigs.

Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 600D, EF-S 18-55 ii, EF 55-200 USM ii, EF-S 75-300 iii, Tamron 28-80, Sigma 70-210. Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, EF-S 55-250, Raynox Macro adapter, Neewer filters (CPL, UV, FLD & ND4), Fuji HS20 EXR (30X zoom ) & cable release, Yongnuo 560 iii & Luxon 9800A manual flashguns for the Fuji, Hama Star 63 tripod, Hongdek RC-6 remote control, Velbon DF 40 www.point-n-shoot.co.uk website.

Pippan
916 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Joined Oct 2015

Feb 23, 2018 05:21 |  #4

Wilt wrote in post #18568358 (external link)
... Merced (where mean income is 55% of San Jose CA), or even to someone in San Diego (where mean income is about 80% of San Jose CA. Stockton CA, which is only about 80 minutes east of San Jose has only 52% of the mean income.

Think I might move to San Jose then!

— Please feel free to offer your thoughts on how I might improve my images —

Wilt
40,183 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited 4 months ago by Wilt. (7 edits in all)

Feb 23, 2018 08:41 |  #5

Pippan wrote in post #18570284 (external link)
Think I might move to San Jose then!

And find a place to live for less than $2400 per month (median price) for a ONE bedroom apartment; and since there is only a 7% vacancy rate right now, good luck getting one in an area you want to live in, http://mentalfloss.com …tments-50-major-us-cities (external link)
and then you pay $1 more per gallon of gasoline than the rest of the country,
and you pay about 9% sales tax on goods,
and up to 10% of your income in state income tax,
And then say hello to some of the worst commutes in the country to burn up that expensive gas.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
8,348 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Feb 23, 2018 08:57 |  #6

Could not agree more with wilt's super-local market importance. Google makes this kind of market research super easy. Using their maps and local results you can, at the same time, see who is doing well in SEO, user reviews, pricing per package and supply and demand.

There are folks here who couldn't make a living with less than 35 $3,500 weddings a year, and there are some who do fine with 35 $1,500 weddings a year. Hell, depending on costs involved, they may each clear the same profit annually.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

Wilt
40,183 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited 4 months ago by Wilt.

Feb 23, 2018 09:22 |  #7

Left Handed Brisket wrote in post #18570373 (external link)
There are folks here who couldn't make a living with less than 35 $3,500 weddings a year, and there are some who do fine with 35 $1,500 weddings a year. Hell, depending on costs involved, they may each clear the same profit annually.

...and they probably have a higher quality of life living in the lower cost area with the lower income per package.

San Diego has 80% of the income of San Jose, while its housing costs 70% of San Jose.

Colin ­ Glover
Goldmember
1,251 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Feb 23, 2018 11:01 as a reply to  @ Wilt's post |  #8

Pip, do you know the way to San Jose? Sorry, couldn't resist that one? :p

Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 600D, EF-S 18-55 ii, EF 55-200 USM ii, EF-S 75-300 iii, Tamron 28-80, Sigma 70-210. Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, EF-S 55-250, Raynox Macro adapter, Neewer filters (CPL, UV, FLD & ND4), Fuji HS20 EXR (30X zoom ) & cable release, Yongnuo 560 iii & Luxon 9800A manual flashguns for the Fuji, Hama Star 63 tripod, Hongdek RC-6 remote control, Velbon DF 40 www.point-n-shoot.co.uk website.

Pippan
916 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Joined Oct 2015

Feb 23, 2018 14:05 |  #9

Wilt wrote in post #18570366 (external link)
And find a place to live for less than $2400 per month (median price) for a ONE bedroom apartment; and since there is only a 7% vacancy rate right now, good luck getting one in an area you want to live in, http://mentalfloss.com …tments-50-major-us-cities (external link)
And then say hello to some of the worst commutes in the country to burn up that expensive gas.

Um, maybe I'll just stay here in Darwin ... I kind of like being in a small city a couple of thousand miles from any other city. :)

— Please feel free to offer your thoughts on how I might improve my images —

Wilt
40,183 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 23, 2018 14:09 as a reply to  @ Pippan's post |  #10

Tie me kangaroo down, mate!

Aressem
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,355 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 24, 2018 17:45 |  #11

Wilt wrote in post #18570366 (external link)

That's cute. 2 bedrooms in North Vancouver are going for $4000.
Gas is roughly $6 per gallon.
We pay 14% sales tax.
I pay approx. 35% income tax.
Vancouver has THE worst traffic congestion in all of Canada. Yup, even worse than Toronto. I spend on average 3-4 hours a DAY commuting to and from work.

NEXT. ;)

Ryan Mackay WEBSITE (external link) | FACEBOOK (external link) | GEAR LIST | Buy & Sell Feedback: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Wilt
40,183 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited 4 months ago by Wilt. (4 edits in all)

Feb 24, 2018 18:00 as a reply to  @ Aressem's post |  #12

Everything is relative. By International standards, I know that CA gasoline is a veritable bargain!

You get a whole lot more social services for the taxes you pay, we have to pay high premiums for medical insurance, so add that our true expenses. If you get sick and have to travel to a hospital far from home, your relatives are covered for their expense to accompany you; we pay for anything but the covered patient. And our drugs cost us more, even with insurance.

About that commute, I just read:

"Residents of Metro Vancouver may have shorter commutes than their Montreal and Toronto counterparts, but compared to the rest of B.C., they are spending much more time in traffic, on buses and generally getting to and from work every day.

"The average daily commute for the Vancouver census metropolitan area, which includes White Rock, Maple Ridge and UBC, is 29.7 minutes one-way — or almost an hour daily. That's less than the 30 and 34-minute one-way commutes endured by the average worker in Montréal and Toronto, respectively, but it's also up from the 28.4 minute average commute time in Metro Vancouver in 2011."

Here are the average one-way commute times, in minutes, for every census agglomeration and census metropolitan area in B.C.:

Canada: 26.2
British Columbia: 25.9
Vancouver: 29.7

Officially, here in the SF Bay area the two worst commutes are

San Francisco, CA 59.20
Discovery Bay 46.0 minutes

but I also know that there are folks who live 90 minutes away (not rush hour travel times), and I recently learned about drivers for Uber who live 3 hours away and drive in SF. News articles here (2016) state:

"the average Bay Area commute takes longer than ever before and now lasts over 31 minutes door-to-door. Increasing congestion and longer-distance commutes to job centers in San Francisco and Silicon Valley have contributed to this trend. Importantly, modal choice affects commute duration. Commuters choosing to drive alone spend 28 minutes getting to work, while those choosing public transit log an average commute time nearly twice as long at 51 minutes."

"According to the INRIX Traffic Scorecard, the Bay Area has the third-worst traffic in the U.S. behind Los Angeles and Honolulu. In addition, the Bay Area has the highest concentration of “mega commuters” — workers who drive over 90 minutes and 50 miles one way to their office."

And don't forget that it takes 25% more of your minidollars ;-)a to equal our dollar CAD$125 = USD$100

Grass is greener, ya know...you have Trudeau, we have buffoons and conspirators and sexual miscreants...

sponsored links

1,257 views & 5 likes for this thread
Wedding packages / prices
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.