Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 22 Feb 2018 (Thursday) 14:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Anyone made the switch to a mirrorless?

deronsizemore
449 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 22, 2018 14:46 |  #1

I realize this may be the wrong place to post this as there's a lot of pros here and I doubt many pros are using a mirrorless camera. That said, I'm not a pro. It had crossed my mind a few years ago to maybe give it a shot, but between full-time job, family and my golf addiction, I just don't have time for that.

I currently have a 5DMII, 85mm 1.8, 40mm 2.8 and a Tamron 70-300 4-5.6. Given that I really only take photos of my kids and when we go on vacation, lugging this big 5DMII around along with the lenses, flash, etc., is a pain.

It looks like I can get a Fuji X-T1 right now for fairly cheap and I'm sure it would suffice for my needs. I'm just curious if anyone has experience with it (or mirrorless in general)? What do you like/dislike? How is ISO performance compared to the 5DMII?

Thanks

http://www.famsnap.com (external link)
Fuji X-T1 | Fuji 18-55 f/2.8-4 | Fuji 35 f/1.4
500px (external link) | Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
sporadic
559 posts
Gallery: 55 photos
Joined May 2008

Feb 22, 2018 15:25 |  #2

Do it and don't look back!

Fuji X-T1 | X-T2 | 35/1.4 | 10-24 | 18-55 | 55-200 | 50-140 | Rokinon 8/2.8II Fisheye | Rokinon 12/2
7D | 300/4 L IS

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
40,183 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited 3 months ago by Wilt. (5 edits in all)

Feb 22, 2018 16:34 |  #3

The Fuji XT-1 has a sensor sized at 23.6mm x 15.6mm ...APS-C.
And THAT is what truly 'shrinks' its lenses, they only need to be FL/1.6 compared to your 5DIII, if you want to be accurate about the size benefit.

Consider that the Canon 18-55mm f/3.5 lens is 2.7" x 3.3" but weighs only 200g
and the Fuji 18-55mm f/2.8 lens is 2.56" x 2.8g but weighs 300g...yes, a half stop faster but weighs 50% more!

And then, for your 5DII, the comparable FL Canon 28-90mm f/4 is 2.69" Dia. x 2.80" and weighs only 190g

Size and weight are not the real benefits of changing, after all. You better give more thought to the issue, and find if the OTHER benefits to mirrorless are indeed what you want (vs. whatever trade-offs there are for you)

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

awilson18
326 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Feb 22, 2018 17:13 |  #4

Just picked up a Sony a6500 with the Sigma 30 F/1.4 for something more portable. I have a 5D III and the Canon 24-70 and 70-200. While they are a great combination, I love the portability and inage quality from the small "kit" I now take everywhere.

5D Mark III / 24-70 2.8L MK II / 70-200 2.8L IS MK II / Sigma 50 1.4 Art / 430 EX II / YN 568 EX II / YN-622C / YN 622C-TX

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
2,311 posts
Gallery: 255 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2014
Post edited 3 months ago by Two Hot Shoes.

Feb 22, 2018 17:20 |  #5

A used X-T1 is probably the best value second hand camera out there today, silly how little you can get on for.

I use to shoot a couple of 5D3's for weddings/events etc... such a relief to not have those bulking around my shoulders any more. The 5D3 weighs in at a hefty 857g without battery or cards, the Fuji X-T1 is only 440g with battery and card. Thats about half the weight of the 5D3.

As for hi-iso the X-T1 OK but it really depends on your eyes, what might be great for some is not so good for another. The newer cameras have about a stop improvement in hi ISO.

12800ISO on xpro2 https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18325400
https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18523396
https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18318081
https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18318078

6400ISO on X-E2 (same as X-T1) https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17865826
https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17875261

Here's one pushed to the limit of the camera, more or less, 12800ISO out of camera jpeg and pushed two stops of exposure in post (56200iso)
https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18076493

Fuji: X-PRO2, X-T1, X-E2 | 16/1.4, 18/2, 23/1.4, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 90/2, 16-55/2.8, 10-24/4. AD600BM, TT865F, AL-H198, ThinkTank AS2, Peli1514, Ona Bowery, Matthews Grip
Gear & Discounts (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)

Colorblinded
Goldmember
2,618 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 22, 2018 17:21 |  #6

It's definitely pretty nice. I instead have been using Canon for mirrorless. While my main camera is a 5D Mark IV, I do have an M5 and my old M converted for IR use. I can carry both cameras (or swap something else for the M) along with 3-4 lenses in a bag that puts basically no strain on my shoulder.

In fact, while I'm looking at using mostly backpacks for the 5D4 now because of the weight, I have no problem with a small shoulder bag for mirrorless. It really is nice.

http://www.colorblinde​dphoto.com (external link)
http://www.thecolorbli​ndphotographer.com (external link)

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,155 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Feb 23, 2018 00:41 |  #7

Wilt wrote in post #18569985 (external link)
And THAT is what truly 'shrinks' its lenses, they only need to be FL/1.6 compared to your 5DIII, if you want to be accurate about the size benefit.

and the Fuji 18-55mm f/2.8 lens is 2.56" x 2.8g but weighs 300g...yes, a half stop faster but weighs 50% more!

And then, for your 5DII, the comparable FL Canon 28-90mm f/4 is 2.69" Dia. x 2.80" and weighs only 190g

Size and weight are not the real benefits of changing, after all. You better give more thought to the issue, and find if the OTHER benefits to mirrorless are indeed what you want (vs. whatever trade-offs there are for you)

Why don't you compare actual apples to apples instead of cherry picking? The Fuji 18-55mm is in an entirely different lens category than the Canon 18-55mm, there's much more to do with that lens than "half a stop" of aperture (it's a full stop faster at 55mm btw). The Fuji is made of metal, has an aperture ring and is 14 elements in 10 groups vs the Canon's 11 elements in 9 groups. If you want a more even comparison then compare the XC 16-50mm Fuji lens which is 5g lighter than the Canon lens and much more similarly priced.

Size is absolutely a real benefit to consider when going mirrorless, the fact that people still argue that it isn't is baffling to me. Is it the main argument? I wouldn't say so depending on what cameras you're looking at and what you're needs are, but it's certainly a large factor.

As Kim pointed out above; half the size and weight is nothing to scoff at.

I personally think the X-T1 would match the capabilities of a 5Dii just fine. Especially given the OP's lenses aren't particularly fast or new.

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T // XF 18mm f2 // XF 35mm f1.4 // XF 60mm f2.4 // Rokinon 12mm f2 // Rokinon 21mm f1.4 // XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 // XF 55-200mm f3.5-4.8 // Rokinon 85mm f1.4 // Zhonghi Lensturbo ii // Various adapted MF lenses
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
11,948 posts
Gallery: 138 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 23, 2018 01:32 |  #8

EverydayGetaway wrote in post #18570226 (external link)
Size is absolutely a real benefit to consider when going mirrorless, the fact that people still argue that it isn't is baffling to me. Is it the main argument? I wouldn't say so depending on what cameras you're looking at and what you're needs are, but it's certainly a large factor.

For me, size is definitely a factor ...... but not in the way that it is for you.

I actually prefer a larger camera - one that properly fills my hand.

My main body is a Canon 1D Mark 4, which is very much a full sized DSLR. . It feels 'right' in my hand because my fingers don't have to curl awkwardly to hold the body.

I recently got a 6D as a backup and 'situational' body. . I like the image quality, but, damn that thing is small. . It feels awkward to hold it because of the way my fingers have to curl so much to hold the body. . They get cramped up from this. . But I can hold my big heavy 1D Mark 4 all day long and my fingers and hands still feel relaxed and strong.

I have a friend who uses a Sony 6000 or 6500 or whatever. . Man that is a tiny camera. . I don't know how he uses that little thing - it looks ridiculous in his huge hands (he is 6'5" and has hands to match). . I'm only 5'9" and have medium hands, and even the 6D is too small for comfortable use.

I am just surprised that so many people say that they prefer a small camera - don't your hands and fingers get cramped up if you are holding the camera in a "ready to shoot" position for hours on end?

I mean, small size would be good if one were spending most of their time carrying the camera around, but for one who spends most of their time actually shooting (holding the camera the whole time instead of carrying it), it is a whole different dynamic.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

05Xrunner
Goldmember, Flipflopper.
5,650 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Joined Dec 2005
Post edited 3 months ago by 05Xrunner. (2 edits in all)

Feb 23, 2018 07:37 |  #9

I am slowly heading that way. I have an X-T1 and few lenses for it.
I enjoy using it MUCH more than my canon gear and its only thing going to Disney with me in 2months. I am at the point I probably will never buy anything for the canon System again and mainly going to focus on building the Fuji kit and eventually dump all the canon gear. The X-T1 doesnt track as good as the 7D but the X-T2 is supposed to be much better so I cant wait to get around to upgrading to that.
I think the files that come out of the Fuji are better than canon. ISO 6400 to me is actually a little better than the 7D2 at 6400 and the feel and comfort of the size and weight is just so much nicer.
Plus Fuji will continue to support their cameras down the road and actually give features in firmware updates. unlike Canon who seems to be way behind the times and cripples the cameras so they force you to buy the body you dont exactly want just for a feature you want.

My gear
Fuji X-T2, Fuji 18-55 2.8-4 OIS, Fuji 35 f2, Fuji 56 1.2, Fuji 90 f2, Fuji 55-200 3.5-4.8 OIS
Sony RX100 II

sporadic
559 posts
Gallery: 55 photos
Joined May 2008

Feb 23, 2018 07:52 |  #10

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18570242 (external link)
I am just surprised that so many people say that they prefer a small camera - don't your hands and fingers get cramped up if you are holding the camera in a "ready to shoot" position for hours on end?

I'm just curious, in what scenarios are you holding a camera in a ready to shoot position for hours on end? I agree with the ergonomics of a DSLR when it comes to bigger lenses and shooting sports (and I imagine wildlife which I don't shoot), but for everything else I prefer my Fuji kit.

Fuji X-T1 | X-T2 | 35/1.4 | 10-24 | 18-55 | 55-200 | 50-140 | Rokinon 8/2.8II Fisheye | Rokinon 12/2
7D | 300/4 L IS

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,155 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Feb 23, 2018 08:37 |  #11

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18570242 (external link)
For me, size is definitely a factor ...... but not in the way that it is for you.

I actually prefer a larger camera - one that properly fills my hand.

My main body is a Canon 1D Mark 4, which is very much a full sized DSLR. . It feels 'right' in my hand because my fingers don't have to curl awkwardly to hold the body.

I recently got a 6D as a backup and 'situational' body. . I like the image quality, but, damn that thing is small. . It feels awkward to hold it because of the way my fingers have to curl so much to hold the body. . They get cramped up from this. . But I can hold my big heavy 1D Mark 4 all day long and my fingers and hands still feel relaxed and strong.

I have a friend who uses a Sony 6000 or 6500 or whatever. . Man that is a tiny camera. . I don't know how he uses that little thing - it looks ridiculous in his huge hands (he is 6'5" and has hands to match). . I'm only 5'9" and have medium hands, and even the 6D is too small for comfortable use.

I mean, small size would be good if one were spending most of their time carrying the camera around, but for one who spends most of their time actually shooting (holding the camera the whole time instead of carrying it), it is a whole different dynamic.

This just makes me think of this video anytime I see someone complain about a small grip :lol:

https://youtu.be/NL_va​T76C28 (external link)

On a more serious note though... everyone has different preferences and everyone shoots different things. I actually just argued in defense of their being a place for a larger Fuji XF mount body like the new X-H1 specifically because of people like you. I think it's smart for companies to have options, but I'll never go back to a large body (unless maybe it was medium format), so the X-H1 holds zero interest for me (even though it's still smaller than a DSLR).

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T // XF 18mm f2 // XF 35mm f1.4 // XF 60mm f2.4 // Rokinon 12mm f2 // Rokinon 21mm f1.4 // XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 // XF 55-200mm f3.5-4.8 // Rokinon 85mm f1.4 // Zhonghi Lensturbo ii // Various adapted MF lenses
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)

deronsizemore
THREAD ­ STARTER
449 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Dec 2010
Post edited 3 months ago by deronsizemore.

Feb 23, 2018 08:52 |  #12

Wilt wrote in post #18569985 (external link)

Size and weight seem to be real benefits to me. The camera itself is much smaller than my 5DM2, isn't it? That alone is a plus to me since mosly these days I'm just shooting family moments and vacations for personal keepsakes. If I can get an image quality that's even remotely close to my 5D, then I'm good with it.

awilson18 wrote in post #18570005 (external link)
Just picked up a Sony a6500 with the Sigma 30 F/1.4 for something more portable. I have a 5D III and the Canon 24-70 and 70-200. While they are a great combination, I love the portability and inage quality from the small "kit" I now take everywhere.

I'll check that combo out. I've loved all of the Sigma lenses I've used. Thanks

Two Hot Shoes wrote in post #18570008 (external link)
A used X-T1 is probably the best value second hand camera out there today, silly how little you can get on for.

I use to shoot a couple of 5D3's for weddings/events etc... such a relief to not have those bulking around my shoulders any more. The 5D3 weighs in at a hefty 857g without battery or cards, the Fuji X-T1 is only 440g with battery and card. Thats about half the weight of the 5D3.

As for hi-iso the X-T1 OK but it really depends on your eyes, what might be great for some is not so good for another. The newer cameras have about a stop improvement in hi ISO.

12800ISO on xpro2 https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18325400
https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18523396
https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18318081
https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18318078

6400ISO on X-E2 (same as X-T1) https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17865826
https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17875261

Here's one pushed to the limit of the camera, more or less, 12800ISO out of camera jpeg and pushed two stops of exposure in post (56200iso)
https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18076493

Those example photos are great examples! thanks for posting. I think given the high ISO of those, the results are more than acceptable.

EverydayGetaway wrote in post #18570226 (external link)
As Kim pointed out above; half the size and weight is nothing to scoff at.

I personally think the X-T1 would match the capabilities of a 5Dii just fine. Especially given the OP's lenses aren't particularly fast or new.

That's my thinking too. the results of an X-T1 would be close enough to my 5D and considering my lenses aren't anything fantastic, I think I'd be just fine given what I normally shoot these days. I'm more interested in something that I can easily travel with and not need a backpack for it yet can still yield great results compared to maybe a cell phone.

05Xrunner wrote in post #18570335 (external link)
I am slowly heading that way. I have an X-T1 and few lenses for it.
I enjoy using it MUCH more than my canon gear and its only thing going to Disney with me in 2months. I am at the point I probably will never buy anything for the canon System again and mainly going to focus on building the Fuji kit and eventually dump all the canon gear. The X-T1 doesnt track as good as the 7D but the X-T2 is supposed to be much better so I cant wait to get around to upgrading to that.
I think the files that come out of the Fuji are better than canon. ISO 6400 to me is actually a little better than the 7D2 at 6400 and the feel and comfort of the size and weight is just so much nicer.
Plus Fuji will continue to support their cameras down the road and actually give features in firmware updates. unlike Canon who seems to be way behind the times and cripples the cameras so they force you to buy the body you dont exactly want just for a feature you want.

Thanks. Sounds like exactly like what I'm thinking. I took my 5D to Disney a few years ago and it became more of a pain than anything. That was when I only had one kid to deal with and now I've got three so managing three kids, strollers, and a 5D with a lens or two would be a pain. I need to head to the local camera store and try out some Fuji stuff and compare to some 5D shots, but based on responses in this thread I've pretty much made my mind up.

Have you used the X-T20? How is it vs the X-T2? Given that the X-T1 is like 599, I think I'd be hard pressed to spend the extra money to get an X-T20 or X-T2.

http://www.famsnap.com (external link)
Fuji X-T1 | Fuji 18-55 f/2.8-4 | Fuji 35 f/1.4
500px (external link) | Flickr (external link)

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
40,183 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited 3 months ago by Wilt. (6 edits in all)

Feb 23, 2018 09:01 |  #13

deronsizemore wrote in post #18570369 (external link)
Size and weight seem to be real benefits to me. The camera itself is much smaller than my 5DM2, isn't it? That alone is a plus to me since mosly these days I'm just shooting family moments and vacations for personal keepsakes. If I can get an image quality that's even remotely close to my 5D, then I'm good with it..

My point was that merely the savings in weight of the body carries thru to the lenses primarily when the FL is shorter (than FF); but in APS-C appropriate FL the lenses are not necessarily lighter. Yes, the body can pose significant benefits (especially when the format size of the mirrorless body is smaller.)

I greatly dislike the size of my dSLR kit particularly when compared to the Olympus OM system kit which has been in my possession now for going on 40 years! I am merely trying to temper the 'mirrorless is smaller and lighter' -- as not a universal truth as many simplify it to be -- with reality. Back when the A9 was first launched, a complete kit of about 5-6 comparable lenses and body, if you buy same FL and same max aperture in FF mirrorless or FF dSLR, would have little benefit in lens size...only 2 of six lenses for the Sony were shorter than the Canon lens equivalent. In overall kit weight you would save only about 10% in weight of mirrorless FF vs. dSLR FF sensor when the kit had comparable 6 lenses in both kits.

The A9 is a very lovely (and expensive) piece of gear, but we need not have untrue urban legends floating about about mirrorless, fooling potential buyers like yourself.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
12,704 posts
Gallery: 1096 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Feb 2013
Post edited 3 months ago by MalVeauX. (2 edits in all)

Feb 23, 2018 09:08 |  #14

deronsizemore wrote in post #18569927 (external link)
I realize this may be the wrong place to post this as there's a lot of pros here and I doubt many pros are using a mirrorless camera. That said, I'm not a pro. It had crossed my mind a few years ago to maybe give it a shot, but between full-time job, family and my golf addiction, I just don't have time for that.

I currently have a 5DMII, 85mm 1.8, 40mm 2.8 and a Tamron 70-300 4-5.6. Given that I really only take photos of my kids and when we go on vacation, lugging this big 5DMII around along with the lenses, flash, etc., is a pain.

It looks like I can get a Fuji X-T1 right now for fairly cheap and I'm sure it would suffice for my needs. I'm just curious if anyone has experience with it (or mirrorless in general)? What do you like/dislike? How is ISO performance compared to the 5DMII?

Thanks

Heya,

I went from Canon full frame to Fuji, via the X-T1 and manual Rokinon/Samyang lenses. I have zero regrets. I love the size/weight change. I don't even think about ISO when I shoot, I'm ok with it peaking at whatever (6400... 12,800, etc). I leave it on auto ISO unless I'm specifically targeting base ISO for shadow recovery purposes or when I'm using my lighting setup. I use R2 lighting and love it. ETTL & HSS with F1.2 glass is so easy on the Fuji system, love it. The X-T1 used (got mine from KEH with warranty) is such a ton of camera for the cost. The huge EVF is lag free, gorgeous, and I don't miss OVF at all after using it.

I find I use a 50mm F1.2 and a 12mm F2 lens the most often on my Fuji X-T1. The 50mm kills backgrounds if I want to, while still being short and small and light weight. Sharp wide open. I don't even think about ISO with them because F1.2 and F2 just gobbles light. And I'm a manual focus shooter, 100%, with my X-T1 and I have zero issues nailing it at F1.2 thanks to really accurate focus peaking in that big bright lag free EVF the X-T1 has. Love it.

Files clean up great. Again, I don't even think about what ISO I'm using, because it handles it well, and the only time I think about what the ISO is, is if I'm specifically targeting an ISO for lighting purposes, or for shadow recovery purposes (such as maximum dynamic range). I lift shadows at high ISO and it doesn't look nasty. The sensor is wonderful. I truly don't miss my full frame at all.

I made the change with a Fuji X100S first. I still use that as my every day walk around camera. It goes with us everywhere. I added the X-T1 because of the lens options and to control my lights. The system in general is way, way smaller than my Canon setup (1D, 5D, etc). I made the change to have more time with a small camera and smaller lenses that weigh less and are less "obvious" and less intrusive. My girls don't care if my little X100S is out, or my X-T1 with a 50mm. They don't see that. They do see my 5D or 1D with a big lens attached and hear the clacking of my mirror slapping around. With the Fuji's, they're so quiet, so non-intimidating, I can just take photos. I use my Fuji's in public too and I notice people just don't care. Where as before, if I swung out my big full frame and big lenses, the clapping of that mirror, people pay attention and look. It's annoying. I love how the Fuji's really just don't grab attention when exposing (silent). It makes candid shooting of your kids so much better. They don't hear my exposures at all now. Love that.

12mm F2 on X-T1

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4541/38051767724_0facb12f70_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/ZYvf​QL  (external link) X10S9469 copy (external link) by Martin Wise (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4521/38094987744_6fb805b920_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/213j​LDw  (external link) DSCF6591 (external link) by Martin Wise (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4590/39485437161_be4f1c9f40_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/23ac​bPk  (external link) DSCF7609 copy (external link) by Martin Wise (external link), on Flickr

50mm F1.2 on X-T1

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4525/27236879589_38dcb15756_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/HuQ8​oe  (external link) X10S9589 copy (external link) by Martin Wise (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4658/38925330955_7b9882ab9e_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/22iG​uKM  (external link) DSCF7731 copy (external link) by Martin Wise (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4539/24921809418_45a57b2305_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/DYfM​Fh  (external link) DSCF6463 copy (external link) by Martin Wise (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4741/39370467205_063a485295_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/22Z2​WfH  (external link) DSCF7826 copy (external link) by Martin Wise (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4643/39544288321_1ef860e20c_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/23fo​Pdv  (external link) DSCF7636 copy (external link) by Martin Wise (external link), on Flickr

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

05Xrunner
Goldmember, Flipflopper.
5,650 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 23, 2018 09:15 |  #15

deronsizemore wrote in post #18570369 (external link)
Thanks. Sounds like exactly like what I'm thinking. I took my 5D to Disney a few years ago and it became more of a pain than anything. That was when I only had one kid to deal with and now I've got three so managing three kids, strollers, and a 5D with a lens or two would be a pain. I need to head to the local camera store and try out some Fuji stuff and compare to some 5D shots, but based on responses in this thread I've pretty much made my mind up.

Have you used the X-T20? How is it vs the X-T2? Given that the X-T1 is like 599, I think I'd be hard pressed to spend the extra money to get an X-T20 or X-T2.

I have not used any other Fuji camera except for my X-T1
Look at used. they seem to be going for about $450 right now at basically Mint condition.

My gear
Fuji X-T2, Fuji 18-55 2.8-4 OIS, Fuji 35 f2, Fuji 56 1.2, Fuji 90 f2, Fuji 55-200 3.5-4.8 OIS
Sony RX100 II

sponsored links

5,123 views & 43 likes for this thread
Anyone made the switch to a mirrorless?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.