Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 03 Mar 2018 (Saturday) 21:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Manfrotto Bag - $29 at Adorama

RacingMoose
336 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 03, 2018 21:40 |  #1

Just saw this at Adorama. It's a Manfrotto Street Messenger Bag for $29. Looks like a good deal and a decent bag.

https://www.adorama.co​m …te&utm_source=r​flaid62259 (external link)

sponsored links
Osa713
Goldmember
1,134 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Mar 03, 2018 21:48 |  #2

Not bad for a lightweight setup.

LIGHT>LENS>BODY

Colorblinded
Goldmember
2,619 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 03, 2018 21:53 |  #3

I really don't need this, but that's a good deal!

http://www.colorblinde​dphoto.com (external link)
http://www.thecolorbli​ndphotographer.com (external link)

jimrob714
264 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Feb 2013

Mar 05, 2018 16:53 |  #4

I took advantage of your "heads up", thanks! I'll report back once bag arrives. I'm hoping it will be just what I need for a short trip coming up.

Visit my flickr (external link)and Smugmug (external link)

SpiltPickle
734 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Post edited 3 months ago by SpiltPickle.

Mar 06, 2018 16:17 |  #5

Thanks for the heads up.

Ordered... Though I now think I have enough bags that I could put every body, every lens, and every battery in its own bag....
It's an addiction.

Now I just need one for every filter...

- Dave

hang ­ your ­ cross
707 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2013

Mar 07, 2018 18:47 |  #6

Mine came in today. It's not as "bright" as my other. But, it's a bit smaller than I thought. I guess I should've measured mine before hand.

Some of my feedback

mickeyb105
Goldmember
2,445 posts
Gallery: 346 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Mar 09, 2018 08:31 |  #7

Mine is coming today, and looking forward to a lower-profile bag.

My orange lowepro bag has been called a hazmat bag more than once, so this should be a welcome change.

Sony A99ii, RX-100ii, Sonnar T* 135mm f/1.8 ZA, Minolta HS 200 2.8 APO, Zeiss 24/2 ZA, Minolta 2xTC APO, HVL-F43M
Flickr (external link)

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
11,948 posts
Gallery: 138 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 09, 2018 10:22 |  #8

Darn it!

I am just seeing this now, and of course it is now back up to its regular price of $99. . Bummer. . It's just what I needed; perfect color and big enough to hold my 1D4 with the 100-400 mounted to it.

Hard to find brand new $100 quality for $29. . Guess I'll have to wait a good while for another bargain to come along that meets my needs as precisely as this bag would have.

Does Adorama have some sort of "deal of the day" thing like B&H does? . If so, I'll have to sign up for it. . I get emails from Adorama all the time about various specials and so forth - I don't know why they didn't send me one about this bag being on such a good sale. . Now I feel sad because I missed out.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

jimrob714
264 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Feb 2013

Mar 10, 2018 07:00 |  #9

Well, my bag arrived last night. Looks almost perfect for what I need. I'm taking a train ride to Savannah next month and wanted something that didn't scream CAMERA INSIDE! Looks well made and with the camera gear insert being removable, it'll lend itself well to other uses. Sizewise, I have a 7DM2 with a 24-105 attached, a 10-22, and a fisheye. I'm sure I could get a 70-200 in place of one of the other lens as the bag looks tall enough. I did take the grip off the camera, a little too tight.
One thing I thought was semi-odd... you would think a bag from Manfrotto would have a way to carry a tripod! Course that would scream CAMERA INSIDE!

Anyways, $29 bucks, hell of a deal. Thank you Adorama, and RacingMoose!

Visit my flickr (external link)and Smugmug (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,429 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 11, 2018 05:37 |  #10

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18581090 (external link)
Does Adorama have some sort of "deal of the day" thing like B&H does? . If so, I'll have to sign up for it. . I get emails from Adorama all the time about various specials and so forth - I don't know why they didn't send me one about this bag being on such a good sale. . Now I feel sad because I missed out.

You maybe need to review which of the deal email newsletters you are signed up for, as some might be more relevant to you than others.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOster (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/ (external link)

mickeyb105
Goldmember
2,445 posts
Gallery: 346 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Mar 11, 2018 11:14 |  #11

I got my bag two days ago and I'm impressed with it. It holds the perfect amount of gear for its intended use and it appears to be well-made.

Also, it is far and away the best looking bag I own. That may say more about my other bags than anything else, but as someone else alluded to, it doesn't scream camera bag.

And of course, I made sure Adorama knew Helen helped me with my purchase. After all, isn't she why we love Adorama? :)

Sony A99ii, RX-100ii, Sonnar T* 135mm f/1.8 ZA, Minolta HS 200 2.8 APO, Zeiss 24/2 ZA, Minolta 2xTC APO, HVL-F43M
Flickr (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,429 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 12, 2018 12:19 |  #12

mickeyb105 wrote in post #18582722 (external link)
And of course, I made sure Adorama knew Helen helped me with my purchase. After all, isn't she why we love Adorama? :)

:love::love::love::-D

Helen@adorama.com

Modemv92
108 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Mar 13, 2018 07:59 as a reply to  @ mickeyb105's post |  #13

Haha, i do the same. Even though i have not needed any help from Helen (so far anyways!) i make sure to put her name down on any online purchases i make at adorama. I've seen her actively helping people on POTN all the time so it's fitting to throw some love back whenever i can.

Gears: 5D2 | 24-105L | Σ35 1.4 | Σ85 1.4 | Σ17-50 2.8 | 580exii | 430exii | 70-200L IS F2.8 II | Flashpoint360

HelenOster
That's me!
4,429 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 13, 2018 09:59 |  #14

Modemv92 wrote in post #18584363 (external link)
Haha, i do the same. Even though i have not needed any help from Helen (so far anyways!) i make sure to put her name down on any online purchases i make at adorama. I've seen her actively helping people on POTN all the time so it's fitting to throw some love back whenever i can.

Feelin' the :love::love: :lol:

Thank you so much!

Helen@adorama.com

Inspeqtor
I never knew that!
6,502 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Mar 13, 2018 10:49 |  #15

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18581090 (external link)
Darn it!

I am just seeing this now, and of course it is now back up to its regular price of $99. . Bummer. . It's just what I needed; perfect color and big enough to hold my 1D4 with the 100-400 mounted to it.

Hard to find brand new $100 quality for $29. . Guess I'll have to wait a good while for another bargain to come along that meets my needs as precisely as this bag would have.

Tom,

I just clicked on the link and find the price is at $29.99 now. Maybe you need to go back for another look??

Charles
Canon EOS 60D Gripped * Canon EOS XSi * Flickr Account (external link)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II

sponsored links

1,605 views & 14 likes for this thread
Manfrotto Bag - $29 at Adorama
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.