I'm currently testing site move to a new server (with AMASS 2.0), so there might be some slowdowns as I do some serious data move stuff and backups from time to time. If all goes as planned, the move will happen in few days.
I'll try to make the move as smooth as possible, DNS is always a potential hiccup issue and things like testing mail server means email functions may be down a day or two after the move. You'll see when it happens.
One caveat to be aware of: as there are some internal changes to handling uploaded images in drafts, I may need to delete all editing drafts which have uploads. So, if you have some post edits hanging there with images you want to keep: save them, or submit the edit.
I'll post more about the changes done in AMASS 2.0 in due time (and I have do so in last couple of years ) but here's a quick list
The main focus on AMASS 2.0 is to add rest of the needed features, improve usability and mobile usage, fix bugs, improve all. The goal was to keep normal usage same despite of new stuff, so you do not have re-learn anything. I think this is so.
- Moving to a new server (minor changes really, but new hardware and much better SSD's).
- Comprehensive marketplace feedback system. Start giving feedback from the thread in question. Fully transparent to all members and member feedback stats and feedback can be viewed easily. Sort and filter. Member feedback stats always added to relevant places. 4 rating items (only 1 required), texts (not required), editable. Heads Up popups about every action to respective members.
- Global on/off switches for forum filtering.
- Notification email system with settings, cancel links, won't send double messages etc. Email server will take some days to get fully functional and online, so notification email system will not be on the first day after update.
- Password reset improved.
- Changes to LIKE (layout/undo/bugfixes/stats/top500/list all own/ etc.).
- Layout improvements everywhere, better use of space, better looking, more responsive, faster, smoother.
- Broken images handling improved.
- Image upload improved, sharpening with settings, max.image size is now 1600*1600. If you edit a post and upload new images, you can revert to original images if needed.
- You can limit pixel size of embedded images that are automatically showed/downloaded (saves mobile data), view them by click/tap.
- A "darker" style (default for new members/guests). You can pick the old white style, too.
- A lot of user interface usability improvements.
- Follow forum (two modes), new posts has a "followed forums" view.
- Margin setup revised, make your own margins (visual setup tool) for different page types.
- Thousands of fixes, improvements and bug fixes.
- Metadata editor and gallery add/remove made easier.
- EXIF Lens detection vastly improved. Does not pick even best guesses if not absolutely sure, but offers you best guesses to be manually picked. You can add to your gear from inside the metadata editor. Flickr EXIF retrieval speed over 2x faster.
- Sort your gear list.
- Report post can be done also by clicking the report text: a choice of reasons are given.
- Search UI improvements. Search is now available for guests. New bbcode tag: SEARCH, initiated in search UI command "SHARE". More accurate search.
- Ignored member post peek. Ignored member gallery thumbs obfuscated.
- Thread page image mini-browser for quick view of images on page (click a thumb takes you to the image, CTRL+space takes you to the next image).
- Lightbox (glasses) functionality revised. Fits to view by default. Double-click to view image in lightbox, mouse wheel up to 100%, mouse wheel down to fit), click to exit lighbox. Zoom control button.
- Drones, film camera, microscope, telescope (generic manufacturers) and latest gear added to gear database. Will add a drone forum and make other changes to forum structure some weeks after update has been done.
- Photobucket image ban handling (personal and public) settings.
- All scrollable lists/swipes on iOS devices are now fast/smooth. Page scrolling tuned (improved scrolling to broken images, when page loads slowly etc).
- Editor tools' positions can be saved and automatically restored when editor is opened. If tools go over the sides, they can be called to view.
- Editor preview zoom (optional). Lots of new settings for the editor in FYEO.
- FYEO on/off command response clarity revised when you change a setting.
- Galleries are improved, for example if you click an image in gear gallery, you can continue viewing that gallery in thread pages. Best of image mode in member gallery. Quick links to tons of metadata galleries on main gallery index. More thumbs per page, mobile layout improved. Add to gallery button always seen when applicable (no more hover -> commands). Thread page gallery browser has "next" and close commands.
- "SSL ready" (soon to be implemented). Technical background systems updated to latest tech (PHP 7 etc).