Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 06 Mar 2018 (Tuesday) 10:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Favorite Disney Camera/Lens - Fun idea's

Tommydigi
Cream of the Crop
5,542 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined May 2010

Mar 06, 2018 10:40 |  #1

Just curious of what are some interesting camera/lens combos that people have used there? I try to get there about every other year and I usually go with UW and a prime or 2 and just pick one lens for the day. Some days I'll take just my G15 since it's mostly about fun family pics. But I always like having a DSLR for at least a few of the days.

So what is your favorite Disney lens? What would be something interesting to try.

Website (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Instagram (external link)
Canon 5DII • 7DII • G15 • 24LII • 50L • 100L • 135L • 40 STM • 16-35L F4 IS • 24-70L F4 IS • 100-400L II • 1.4x • 600EX II • 270 EX II

sponsored links
Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
3,761 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Apr 12, 2018 19:45 |  #2

Well...my favorite all around dslr is my 6D with either the 24-70 f2.8 II or 70-200 f2.8 IS II lens.
But due to its size and weight, not the best setup for a trip to Disneyland, me thinks.

However, if I wanted to stick with my 6D, then I might consider the 24-105 f4 II. That provides a pretty decent FL range.

If I want to stay in the Canon dslr family, but have a compact system, then I would look into the SL2/18-135 combo.

BTW, the last time I visited Disneyland was in 1984. But since no one replied to your post I added my 2 cents. ;-)a

My flickr albums (external link)
My Best Aviation Photos (external link)

nrowensby
Goldmember
3,993 posts
Gallery: 143 photos
Joined Oct 2007
Post edited 4 months ago by nrowensby.

Apr 12, 2018 20:10 |  #3

I shot our entire last trip with just my 40mm. Small and light, excellent iq and a useful length for all our family stuff.

I love primes though, I feel it makes me give more thought to composition.

--Nick's Marketplace Feedback--
[Insert witty quote here]

Tommydigi
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,542 posts
Joined May 2010

Apr 13, 2018 14:34 |  #4

I was really trying to think of something different than the typical lenses used. This past trip I tried using my 135L a bit more but I usually prefer something on the wider end. A fisheye could be interesting there.

Canon 5DII • 7DII • G15 • 24LII • 50L • 100L • 135L • 40 STM • 16-35L F4 IS • 24-70L F4 IS • 100-400L II • 1.4x • 600EX II • 270 EX II

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
12,777 posts
Gallery: 1161 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Feb 2013

Apr 13, 2018 14:45 |  #5

Each time we do it, with a smaller setup, we're happier.

I'm happy with:

Fuji X100S (has a 23mm F2 pancake on it). Small. 35mm effective FOV. Light weight. Just awesome for having a great sensor that goes everywhere and isn't a big loud camera (built in ND filter if needed and is dead silent with a leaf shutter, built in flash that can sync at any shutter speed with the leaf shutter for excellent fill flash that doesn't look flashed, all in one camera). Love it.

Otherwise, I like the Fuji X-T1 with a 12mm F2 or a 21mm F1.4. I can tackle any light with them and I love the really wide stuff. With the flip out screen, I can do creative stuff. With wifi, my phone can control it so we can do interesting selfies/family photos, or I can hold it way up high and see on my phone for composition. I often take a little Flashpoint Zoom-Mini TTL flash as it literally fits in a pocket, and handles bounce/fill TTL flash as neede and does HSS. It's just incredible for its size.

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

Tommydigi
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,542 posts
Joined May 2010

Apr 13, 2018 15:13 |  #6

My next trip I'm going to get a Fuji x100F.

sponsored links

1,103 views & 0 likes for this thread
Favorite Disney Camera/Lens - Fun idea's
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.