Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 10 Mar 2018 (Saturday) 18:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Godox Xpro-N and TT685N not triggering

lazzaml
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Mar 2018

Mar 10, 2018 18:39 |  #1

Hi
I am new to flash and just bought the Xpro-N and a TT685N for my Nikon D750.
Have upgraded the firmware on both Godox devices, but cannot get the TT685 to trigger remotely.
The flash does fire on the D750 hot shoe.
The manuals are not as thorough as I would like and have searched all sorts of forums on what I may have missed in setting up.

Xpro Group A Channel 1 (or 11, or 24... have tried many). Group A set to TTL, Sync menu set to OUT.
TT685 Group A and matching channel
Have tried slave with lightening bolt icon and also slave with wireless icon.
Trigger button on Xpro, doesn't trigger TT685. Pressing the shutter doesn't trigger either.

Is there a step I have missed? I believe that if they are on the same Group/Channel it should fire.

Any suggestions?
Mark

sponsored links
inkista
563 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 12, 2018 03:49 |  #2

lazzaml wrote in post #18582233 (external link)
Hi
I am new to flash and just bought the Xpro-N and a TT685N for my Nikon D750.
Have upgraded the firmware on both Godox devices, but cannot get the TT685 to trigger remotely.
The flash does fire on the D750 hot shoe.
The manuals are not as thorough as I would like and have searched all sorts of forums on what I may have missed in setting up.

Xpro Group A Channel 1 (or 11, or 24... have tried many). Group A set to TTL, Sync menu set to OUT.
TT685 Group A and matching channel

Have tried slave with lightning bolt icon and also slave with wireless icon.

The lightning bolt icon means it's in CLS master/slave mode and a "smart" optical master/slave. You don't want to use those if you're triggering with the XPro.

You have to use the antenna/lollipop icon and the backlight must be orange (slave). If the backlight is green, then the flash is in master or on-camera mode.

Also make sure that, if ID is set in the C.Fns, that the ID value (01-99) matches on the TT685N and the XPro. The TT685N may need to have its firmware updated in order to have the C.Fn for the ID.

You also want to check battery charge/health, and that everything is fully seated so that all pins hit all the contacts.

I'm a woman. I shoot with a Fuji X100T, Panasonic GX-7, Canon 5DmkII, and 50D. flickr stream (external link)

Gart
426 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 12, 2018 09:07 |  #3

To add just a little to what inkista stated regarding the battery health - I have the same system except for Canon. I could not get it to work "when" I had rechargeable batteries in the Xpro. I replaced them with regular Duracell or Energenizer's and I had success.

Hope you get this resolved. It's a great system.

Gart

lazzaml
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Mar 2018

Mar 12, 2018 16:07 as a reply to  @ inkista's post |  #4

Thanks
Using the lolipop icon - screen is orange and 2 red lights flash at the front of the TT685N.
C.Fn ID on Xpro is set to OFF.

lazzaml
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Mar 2018
Post edited 3 months ago by lazzaml.

Mar 12, 2018 16:08 as a reply to  @ Gart's post |  #5

Was using rechargeable batteries in the XPro - have changed those to new Duracell's.
Battery indicator is now 3 bars, but still no triggering of remote flash.
Also changed out the Eneloop Pro batteries from the flash to Duracel just to check.

inkista
563 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Post edited 3 months ago by inkista.

Mar 13, 2018 14:33 |  #6

lazzaml wrote in post #18583854 (external link)
Was using rechargeable batteries in the XPro - have changed those to new Duracell's.
Battery indicator is now 3 bars, but still no triggering of remote flash.
Also changed out the Eneloop Pro batteries from the flash to Duracel just to check.

Have you tried switching the DIST C.Fn on the XPro from 1-100m to 0-30m? If the flash and transmitter are too close to each other, the default setting may not work.

I'm a woman. I shoot with a Fuji X100T, Panasonic GX-7, Canon 5DmkII, and 50D. flickr stream (external link)

lazzaml
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Mar 2018
Post edited 3 months ago by lazzaml.

Mar 13, 2018 18:47 as a reply to  @ inkista's post |  #7

Great suggestion but had tried this with no change.
Have even turned off my home wifi to eliminate radio unterference as an issue.
Based on @inkista comment about CLS I set this up (eliminating the Xpro) and remote triggering worked.

Could someone please confirm that the Xpro will trigger the flash when just hand held by pressing the 'test' button at the far left of the Xpro. Ie it doesnt have to be on a hot shoe.

The group who sold me the items have mentioned something about hotshoe control. No idea what they mean and have asked for more detail.
I am suspecting one of the items has an issue with wireless.
May start looking to ask for a replacement. With all l have read the Godox system should work well.

inkista
563 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Post edited 3 months ago by inkista.

Mar 13, 2018 20:18 |  #8

lazzaml wrote in post #18584898 (external link)
.... Could someone please confirm that the Xpro will trigger the flash when just hand held by pressing the 'test' button at the far left of the Xpro. Ie it doesnt have to be on a hot shoe.

My XproC fires my TT685C while both units are in-hand (off-camera).
My XproF fires both my TT600 and TT685C while all units are off-camera.

Also, when I make settings changes on my XPro units, I will see the changes reflected on the LCDs of the speedlights.

Could be you got a bad unit. And maybe your sellers are confusing the XPro with the old Yongnuo RF-603 (Mark I) triggers which wouldn't switch into transmitter mode when not on a hotshoe, and couldn't be used as an in-hand remote.

lazzaml
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Mar 2018

Mar 13, 2018 20:30 as a reply to  @ inkista's post |  #9

Thanks - can't believe the Nikon one would be any different.

It also removes the conversation about 'Hotshoe control' (whatever that is) with the re-seller.

sponsored links

2,901 views & 0 likes for this thread
Godox Xpro-N and TT685N not triggering
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.