Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 11 Mar 2018 (Sunday) 12:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lightroom Update question

teekay
Goldmember
2,858 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Mar 13, 2018 22:28 |  #31

lacogada wrote in post #18584524 (external link)
...Decided to try the 6.6 ver update.
That installed with no problems and to my surprise it has the "Dehaze" slider under "Effects",
which I've read was only available with the CC subscription....

I have v.6.10.1. and there's no "dehaze" option under the Effects menu. Why?

sponsored links
tzalman
Fatal attraction.
13,411 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Mar 14, 2018 02:15 |  #32

teekay wrote in post #18585055 (external link)

Because it isn't supposed to be there. Dehaze was only in the subscription version (LR CC 2015.x). However, I do remember that about a year ago there briefly were reports of an update patch that mistakenly opened Dehaze in the Perpetual version. There is also a free plugin (that is technically illegal but never seemed to bother Adobe) at https://cutthruthefog.​wordpress.com/lightroo​m-6-dehaze/ (external link)

Latest (and last) update of LR6 with new camera support to Dec. 2017 is 6.14.

Elie / אלי

lacogada
THREAD ­ STARTER
259 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2015
Post edited 3 months ago by lacogada.

Mar 14, 2018 04:28 |  #33

teekay wrote in post #18585055 (external link)

My understanding is Dehaze is in LR 6, but you must have the CC subscription, or the slider will be disabled.

Since mine was installed on a computer with bo internet connection, it could not sense to be disabled.

Just a guess though.

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
13,073 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Mar 14, 2018 09:44 |  #34

Like Elie said. Dehaze was only available with the LR CC 2015.x subscription plan. Now it is available with LR Classic CC version 7 which replaced LR CC 2015.x last Ocotber. It was never available or hidden with LR6 standalone, just not there. You can get 3rd party Dehaze for LR6.

Doesn't matter if LR6 standalone has a computer connection or not, you won't get Dehaze with standalone. How did you register and how do you get updates?

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

teekay
Goldmember
2,858 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Mar 14, 2018 10:37 |  #35

lacogada wrote in post #18585191 (external link)
My understanding is Dehaze is in LR 6, but you must have the CC subscription, or it will be disabled....

Thanks. I understand, although it seems a bit petty of Adobe, and there's no way I'm going to switch to any subscription plan.

lacogada
THREAD ­ STARTER
259 posts
Joined May 2015
Post edited 3 months ago by lacogada. (2 edits in all)

Mar 14, 2018 11:11 |  #36

teekay wrote in post #18585416 (external link)
Thanks. I understand, although it seems a bit petty of Adobe, and there's no way I'm going to switch to any subscription plan.

Here's some info I have.

Lightroom CC just added a Dehaze slider. People like me with Lightroom 6.1 don't get this. However the Dehaze functionality is still in there, so it can process images with CC sidecars. This means you can Dehaze an image if you want to, it's just more of a pain.

These dehaze presets work in ver 6.1 and above.
If you have a problem dowloading ... PM an email and I'll send them to you.
Just import into lightroom.

http://prolost.com/blo​g/dehaze (external link)

There is manual way to make the presets but it involves editing the text file.
Though I have not tried this as the prolost presets work for me also.

Hit the + on the Presets menu (repeatedly) and create presets called Dehaze0, Dehaze10 .. Dehaze50 (or whatever).

Note only save the Effects settings.

Edit each one in a text editor.

Remove all lines in the "settings =" section except:

Dehaze = 0,

EnableEffects = true,

ProcessVersion = "6.7",

Then change the first one to suit the Preset name. Allowed values are -100 to 100, settings below 0 add Fog to the image.

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
13,073 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Mar 14, 2018 11:15 |  #37

teekay wrote in post #18585416 (external link)

LR7 offers more than just Dehaze. I wouldn't do it just for Dehaze. Like I said I had a 3rd party Dehaze when I had LR6 standalone.

Image Editing OK

lacogada
THREAD ­ STARTER
259 posts
Joined May 2015

Mar 14, 2018 11:25 |  #38

digital paradise wrote in post #18585385 (external link)
Doesn't matter if LR6 standalone has a computer connection or not, you won't get Dehaze with standalone. How did you register and how do you get updates?

If your question was to me .......

I did not register, when it ask to sign in, I choose "sign in later".

My original 6.0 standalone update purchase was downloaded from Adobe and they gave me a serial number.

Did not try or could not update from within Lightroom.
Downloaded and saved later versions to disk.

Downloaded 6.6, 6.12 and 6.14.

Have tried to update 6.6 only.

Why the Dehaze slider is showing, I cannot say.

teekay
Goldmember
2,858 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Mar 14, 2018 11:29 |  #39

lacogada wrote in post #18585426 (external link)
Here's some info I have. These dehaze presets work in ver 6.1 and above. If you have a problem dowloading ... PM an email and I'll send them to you.
Just import into lightroom. http://prolost.com/blo​g/dehaze (external link)

There is manual way to make the presets but it involves editing the text file....

Thanks, but I'm not going to mess with my current LR in any way. The last time I tried updating it locked up in the process and I thought I'd lost everything. I'm managing fine with LR as is, although I do find it a PITA and one of these days will try something else since I don't need the file management part of it at all.

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
13,073 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Mar 14, 2018 11:35 |  #40

lacogada wrote in post #18585434 (external link)
If your question was to me .......

I did not register, when it ask to sign in, I choose "sign in later".

My original 6.0 standalone update purchase was downloaded from Adobe and they gave me a serial number.

Did not try or could not update from within Lightroom.
Downloaded and saved later versions to disk.

Downloaded 6.6, 6.12 and 6.14.

Have tried to update 6.6 only.

Why the Dehaze slider is showing, I cannot say.

Dehaze is not available with any version of LR6 standalone. You need the subscription - LR Classic CC version 7.

Image Editing OK

Archibald
You must be quackers!
6,196 posts
Gallery: 191 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined May 2008

Mar 14, 2018 12:43 |  #41

I'm surprised Dehaze is such a popular feature in the new Lightroom. I did manual dehazing in LR versions 2 to 5. Maybe the dehaze feature in LR does the job better, that would not surprise me, but still, I find it odd that the dehaze slider is considered such a big deal.

Pentax Spotmatic F with 28/3.5, 50/1.4, 50/1.8, 135/3.5; Canon digital gear
C&C always welcome.
Picture editing OK

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
13,073 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Mar 14, 2018 13:03 |  #42

Archibald wrote in post #18585488 (external link)
I'm surprised Dehaze is such a popular feature in the new Lightroom. I did manual dehazing in LR versions 2 to 5. Maybe the dehaze feature in LR does the job better, that would not surprise me, but still, I find it odd that the dehaze slider is considered such a big deal.

Me too. Even when I had a 3rd party I rarely used it. Even with LR7 I find I don't use it but a member Justin Time who posts videos made a good point. Lousy location. It should be in the Basic Panel. I think it is more of a basic processing adjustment rather than an effect and it does change the look of your image.

I would want to Dehaze first before editing. LR is set up for for the top to bottom work flow. I could be wrong but I liked the idea.

Image Editing OK

lacogada
THREAD ­ STARTER
259 posts
Joined May 2015

Mar 14, 2018 14:49 |  #43

digital paradise wrote in post #18585441 (external link)
Dehaze is not available with any version of LR6 standalone. You need the subscription - LR Classic CC version 7.

I'm really confused with what is CC and what is not. :-)

LR 6 is not considered part of CC ?

What number version would LR 6 be, ver 2014 ?

Scott ­ M
Goldmember
3,081 posts
Gallery: 51 photos
Joined May 2008

Mar 15, 2018 06:23 |  #44

lacogada wrote in post #18585580 (external link)

Lightroom 6 was Adobe's last version available as a standalone, perpetual license. Lightroom CC is part of their annual subscription model, and had features added that were not a part of LR6. No new features were added to LR6 after it's release -- subsequent updates only included bug fixes and support for new camera bodies.

Photo Gallery (external link)
Gear List

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
13,073 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Post edited 3 months ago by digital paradise.

Mar 15, 2018 10:30 |  #45

lacogada wrote in post #18585580 (external link)

There are two types of products. Creative Cloud (CC), which is a Subscription model and Perpetual licensing model which is often referred to as Standalone.

As you know LR standalone has been around for a while. In 2015 Adobe released LR CC 2015, which was a Subscription model. Both LR CC 2015 and the Standalone version are basically the same except for goodies like DeHaze that was only available with the subscription model - LR CC 2015. There was no way of getting DeHaze with the Standalone model no matter what version you have/had.

In Oct of 2017 Adobe introduced LR Classic CC version 7. LR CC Classic version 7 replaced LR CC 2015 version 6.

LR CC 2015 is now basically done. If someone chooses the plan today you can only get LR CC Classic 7.

So essentially yes Dehaze was available with LR CC 2015 but not with any Standalone version. If you did not previously have a subscription model trying to find a link between the two won’t work because LR CC 2015 version 6 subscription is not available anymore at Adobe’s site.

If you are interested in Dehaze you have to go Subscription and you will get LR Classic CC version 7. This is the only way to get Dehaze now if you were not previously a subscription customer.

Image Editing OK

sponsored links

2,818 views & 4 likes for this thread
Lightroom Update question
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.