Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 16 Mar 2018 (Friday) 15:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What's Your Pet Hate?

backn4th
146 posts
Gallery: 106 photos
Joined Nov 2014

Mar 16, 2018 15:50 |  #1

Here's two of mine to start ... shaving on Sunday and queueing to hand over money

Striving for Mediocrity

sponsored links
GibJock
Don’t bait the TF, it’ll backfire on you.
9,263 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Mar 16, 2018 15:59 |  #2

People who ask what your pet hate is. vmad

flickr (external link)

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
7,907 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Mar 16, 2018 16:08 |  #3

People who mispronounce the word: nuclear as NUK-YOU-LER. To me, it is a screaming proclamation of their infinite ignorance. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits!

Tom

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
40,341 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 16, 2018 16:14 |  #4

Bassat wrote in post #18587339 (external link)
People who mispronounce the word: nuclear as NUK-YOU-LER. To me, it is a screaming proclamation of their infinite ignorance. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits!

Yeah, when Yale grad GWBush was still President, he would do that. My reaction was always, "Where in Hell do you see a vowel BETWEEN the 'C' and the 'L'?!

Similar is jew-LER-y, j-e-w-e-l is a JEW-el right?... so why is it jew-LER-y

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

saea501
... spilled over a little on the panties
6,329 posts
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 16, 2018 16:24 |  #5

Good lord, Wilt....that one always got me too. Now, the whole world is saying 'nukuler'. Sad thing is...they think it's correct.

People that don't bother to learn and speak properly....the difference between then and than. There and their. Hear and here. People that think a music system is ear buds and MP3s. People that think a telephone is a camera. People that wear spandex yoga pants that really shouldn't and the people that should and could wear them don't. People that take two parking places.

And, probably worst of all, the turds that park in a handicapped zone and have a permit, yet they hop out of their car and prance right into the store without a hitch. vmad

Remember what the DorMouse said.....feed your head.
Bob
https://www.flickr.com …282@N06/with/38​203470844/ (external link)

Bassat
7,907 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Post edited 5 months ago by Bassat.

Mar 16, 2018 16:30 |  #6

saea501 wrote in post #18587356 (external link)
Good lord, Wilt....that one always got me too. Now, the whole world is saying 'nukuler'. Sad thing is...they think it's correct.

People that don't bother to learn and speak properly....the difference between then and than. There and their. Hear and here. People that think a music system is ear buds and MP3s. People that think a telephone is a camera. People that wear spandex yoga pants that really shouldn't and the people that should and could wear them don't. People that take two parking places.

And, probably worst of all, the turds that park in a handicapped zone and have a permit, yet they hop out of their car and prance right into the store without a hitch. vmad

Ahhhhh, this post reminds me of another one! People WHO use THAT where WHO is the better choice!

And yet another! People WHO feel the need to correct other peoples' grammar!

Tom

GibJock
9,263 posts
Joined May 2013

Mar 16, 2018 16:44 as a reply to  @ saea501's post |  #7

Hello Bob, a fellow Grumpy Old Man!

flickr (external link)

Pippan
998 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Oct 2015

Mar 16, 2018 16:49 |  #8

Cats

— Please feel free to offer your thoughts on how I might improve my images —

GibJock
9,263 posts
Joined May 2013

Mar 16, 2018 16:51 |  #9

Pippan wrote in post #18587385 (external link)
Cats

Agreed, domesticated pets; lions, tigers, cheetah, leopard and jaguars are good.

flickr (external link)

Bassat
7,907 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Mar 16, 2018 17:07 |  #10

It has been my experience that those who do not like cats have never had one. When properly prepared, they are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Tom

GibJock
9,263 posts
Joined May 2013

Mar 17, 2018 02:46 |  #11

Bassat wrote in post #18587395 (external link)
It has been my experience that those who do not like cats have never had one. When properly prepared, they are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Good point, I have only ever eaten pu......, oops, moderators may be watching/listening.

flickr (external link)

saea501
... spilled over a little on the panties
6,329 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 17, 2018 13:18 |  #12

GibJock wrote in post #18587382 (external link)
Hello Bob, a fellow Grumpy Old Man!

It's too bad we live so far apart....we need to drink some beers together.  :p

Remember what the DorMouse said.....feed your head.
Bob
https://www.flickr.com …282@N06/with/38​203470844/ (external link)

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
12,154 posts
Gallery: 140 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 17, 2018 13:36 |  #13

I hate it when people are sloppy with their spelling and/or grammar, and think it is ok.

Or worse yet, when someone uses incorrect grammar and doesn't even realize that it is incorrect. . Wait - is that really worse, or is the first thing I said worse?

I also especially hate it when people use incorrect expressions - such as saying, "mute point" instead of "moot point", or "piece of mind" instead of "peace of mind". . This makes the person seem uneducated and boorish.

I am normally not bothered by people making these mistakes if English is a second or third language to them. . I tend to have a lot of respect for these folks because they have endeavored to learn a language other than their native tongue. . I find it quite easy to determine if someone is speaking English as a second language or if someone is just a grammar slob.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Bassat
7,907 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Mar 17, 2018 13:49 |  #14

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18587948 (external link)
I hate it when people are sloppy with their spelling and/or grammar, and think it is ok.

Or worse yet, when someone uses incorrect grammar and doesn't even realize that it is incorrect. . Wait - is that really worse, or is the first thing I said worse?

I also especially hate it when people use incorrect expressions - such as saying, "mute point" instead of "moot point", or "piece of mind" instead of "peace of mind". . This makes the person seem uneducated and boorish.

I am normally not bothered by people making these mistakes if English is a second or third language to them. . I tend to have a lot of respect for these folks because they have endeavored to learn a language other than their native tongue. . I find it quite easy to determine if someone is speaking English as a second language or if someone is just a grammar slob.

However, if a non-speaking individual is telling you off in ASL (such as a driver you cut off in traffic), isn't he making a mute point while giving you a piece of his mind? Just checkin'!

Tom

texkam
"Just let me be a stupid photographer."
1,223 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Mar 17, 2018 15:12 |  #15

Members who post on here asking for advise.

I ask for advice.

sponsored links

2,799 views & 28 likes for this thread
What's Your Pet Hate?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.