Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 29 Mar 2018 (Thursday) 06:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Which UK Photographic Insurer?

tomstephens89
55 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Sep 2015

Mar 29, 2018 06:05 |  #1

Hi all,

I am mainly a hobby photographer but I do occasionally do some paid work and am intending to do so more and more.

I used to have insurance with Photoguard a couple of years ago, but let that lapse since I havn't been very active as of late.

But it occured to me that I have and frequently use about £14k worth of camera equipment including body, lenses, tripods, lighting etc.... So its time for me to insure it all again.

I need insurance for damage, theft, loss, both inside and outside the home, and must also cover 'professional' use.

I havn't read much positive about Photoguard recently, so what UK insurer can people reccomend? E&L look to be good?

Thanks
Tom

See my flickr profile here (external link)
Canon 5DSR | Canon 16-35 F4L | Sigma 50mm F1.4 ART

johnrobjones
52 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 31, 2018 05:37 |  #2

Hi Tom

I've been with towergate camerasure for the last couple of years. I first encountered them at the Photography show (NEC Birmingham) a few years ago. They probably are not the cheapest but they are very helpful on the phone and easy to deal with. I have not needed to make any claims which I suppose is the real acid test. My gear is insured for in excess of £25k and I have liability insurance for £5 million. The premium is somewhere between £400 - £500 p.a.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/johnrobjones/ (external link)

Headspin
85 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 29, 2018 10:54 |  #3

I have been using Aaduki for equipment, public liability and indemnity insurance. I haven't had to made a claim yet so I can't say how good they would be but they seem OK?

www.nicecatmedia.com (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

679 views & 0 likes for this thread
Which UK Photographic Insurer?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.