Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 13 May 2018 (Sunday) 13:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Godox R2 Radio Transceivers and Canon 600EX-RT flash...

RPCrowe
Cream of the Crop
7,962 posts
Joined Nov 2005
Post edited 3 months ago by RPCrowe.

May 13, 2018 13:01 |  #1

I have been told that I can control my Canon 600EX-RT (as well as Canon non-RT hotshoe flashes) as a slave with a Godox (Flashpoint) R2 X1 transmitter/receiver if I have the 600EX-RT attached to a Godox (Flashpoint) R2 Receiver.

I have been seriously considering replacing my Godox (Flashpoint) X-1 Transmitter/receiver with the Godox (Flashpoint) R2 Pro Transmitter because the display on the Pro unit is easier for my old eyes to see than the display on the X-1.

The Godox (Flashpoint) R2 Receiver costs $40 at Adorama while the R2 Pro Transmitter costs $69.

Could I slave the Canon 600EX-RT flash with the R2 Pro Transmitter if the 600EX-RT was mounted on the R2 X1. That way, I could have both the advantages of using my 600EX-RT as a slave and have the newer R2 Pro Transmitter at only a $29 increase in cost over purchasing the R2 Receiver....

See my images at http://rpcrowe.smugmug​.com/ (external link)

Gart
434 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Post edited 3 months ago by Gart.

May 14, 2018 08:18 |  #2

I think I understand your question. I also have most of the gear that you have but in the Flashpoint branding.

Picture 1 below is transmitter only. It will not accomplish what you are trying to do.

Picture 2 is receiver. If you have this, I do not see why it would not work as described with the R2 Pro.

I do not have the receiver so I can not test this for you. After trying to get the Canon and Flashpoint stuff to work together I gave up. I bought three of the Li-on R2 Speedlights and only use the Canon 600 if it is on camera only.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
48,473 posts
Gallery: 84 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Post edited 3 months ago by CyberDyneSystems. (4 edits in all)

May 14, 2018 10:50 |  #3

I'm still unclear on what the question is,.

I can tell you that the r2 receiver being triggered by any of the R2 transmitters has worked perfectly for me with Canon 580EXII. I don't have a 600 to try, but it should behave the same.

Are you asking of you can re-use your X1-t as the receiver instead of getting the R2 receiver?

I'm not positive, but i don't think so. The Godox 2.4GHz system are not made as "transceivers" they are transmitters and receivers that are purpose built.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

458 views & 0 likes for this thread
Godox R2 Radio Transceivers and Canon 600EX-RT flash...
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.