Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 13 May 2018 (Sunday) 20:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Confused with Zenfolio

sjnovakovich
172 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Aug 2007

May 13, 2018 20:49 |  #1

I set up a zenfolio account. I'm trying to map my domain name to it. The domain is registered at Godaddy, but the zenfolio instructions are beyond confusing. I'm sure I have it set up the way zenfolio wants, but it won't map. Has anyone done this successfully?
Thanks.

Steve Novakovich
www.SteveNovakovich.co​m (external link)

sponsored links
Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
5,053 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

May 13, 2018 22:36 |  #2

I admit I know nothing about how Zenfolio works but I would think that, in addition to any settings on Zenfolio, you also need to alter the DNS settings at Godaddy to point the domain to the Zenfolio servers. Have you done this?

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
48,951 posts
Gallery: 152 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Post edited 6 months ago by CyberDyneSystems.

May 13, 2018 23:10 |  #3

I don't think you have to do anything in Zenfolio, it's what you set up your domain to point o.

www.jakehegnauer.com (external link)

That will bring you to my Zenfolio. I could have it point to any page.

EDIT: I just looked at my Zenfolio account, there are options under settings, including

"Custom Domain

If you have your own domain name registered, you can configure it to become the address to all your pages.

This feature is not available with your subscription level, please consider Upgrading.

* Use Zenfolio domain name for your Zenfolio pages
(http://jakehegnauer.ze​nfolio.com/ (external link))

o Point a custom domain name to your Zenfolio pages Instructions"

Note, as far as Zenfolio is concerned, I am using the default .zenfolio.com account. But my domain site is configured such that once you click my domain name and get to my Zenfolio page, the address will remain "www.jakehegnauer.com" no matter what links of the website you click. Again, none of this is set up on Zenfolio. It was done with my domain hosting.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

sjnovakovich
THREAD ­ STARTER
172 posts
Joined Aug 2007

May 14, 2018 06:35 |  #4

Thanks for the replies. I do have my domain configured properly at GoDaddy, according to the instructions provided by Zenfolio. When I select Custom Domain in my Zenfolio account, it asks for the URL. When I put the URL in the box it tells me that my domain is incorrectly configured.

Steve Novakovich

sjnovakovich
THREAD ­ STARTER
172 posts
Joined Aug 2007

May 15, 2018 14:19 |  #5

Finally got squared away. Turns out that I was just being impatient. I needed to wait almost 24hrs. for the DNS tables to update. SteveNovakovich.com is now up an running on Zenfolio.

Thanks for your input.

Steve Novakovich

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
48,951 posts
Gallery: 152 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Post edited 6 months ago by CyberDyneSystems.

May 15, 2018 15:57 |  #6

Hah! Imagine none of us considering that.
And indeed, it is working fine now. Nice :)

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

sjnovakovich
THREAD ­ STARTER
172 posts
Joined Aug 2007

May 16, 2018 13:30 as a reply to  @ CyberDyneSystems's post |  #7

Thank you!

Steve Novakovich

sponsored links

591 views & 1 like for this thread
Confused with Zenfolio
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.