Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Astronomy & Celestial Talk 
Thread started 29 May 2018 (Tuesday) 01:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Milky Way - in Nevada

anglefire
467 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined Aug 2006

May 29, 2018 01:12 |  #1

I've been given the opportunity to go to Nevada in October and I'm planning some Milky way shots - its a new moon when we go and the galaxy centre is about perfect.

I've never been to the US before (I'm based in the UK) so am after a bit of advice on the best locations - I have a few ideas - but they are just that at the moment and subject to change!

One thought is to get a ghost town in the foreground - but not sure if that will be possible - or which one!

Mark
My Website (external link)
Gear in the gear list.

anglefire
THREAD ­ STARTER
467 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Post edited 3 months ago by anglefire.

Jun 25, 2018 13:05 |  #2

No thoughts?

Will a gratuitous picture help? Taken in the Pyrenees in 2013.

Oops will have to resize. sorry to break the rules.

Mark
Gear in the gear list.

dixiedawn
204 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Jun 25, 2018 23:21 |  #3

You might need to provide a little more info. What part of Nevada, what sort of transportation will you have, are you willing to hike for the view...

You could also try asking for help in the Urban Life & Travel Talk section, there are always posts there about looking for recommendations, maybe make the title more of a question or request -"Need suggestion for Nevada astronomy shoots" or similar.

POTN Member LV Moose might be able and willing to give some pointers on the Las Vegas area, if you ask nice via PM.

debbie

anglefire
THREAD ­ STARTER
467 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 26, 2018 13:00 |  #4

Thanks Debbie - I do have an idea of a route now - and we are driving so, I'll do what you suggest later.

Mark
Gear in the gear list.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

548 views & 2 likes for this thread
Milky Way - in Nevada
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Astronomy & Celestial Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.