Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 10 Jul 2018 (Tuesday) 08:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Helen @ Adorama - Godox LC500?

James33
552 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 10, 2018 08:00 |  #1

Hopefully Helen will see and respond, or maybe someone else knows. Ordered the new Godox LC500 LED light stick from Adorama and it's back ordered and no ETA. I'd really like to have it sooner rather than later. Any ETA on stock or where it IS in stock?

Thanks!
James

www.jamesparkerphoto.c​om (external link)

sponsored links
TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
33,992 posts
Gallery: 84 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited 2 months ago by TeamSpeed. (5 edits in all)

Jul 10, 2018 08:04 |  #2

It looks like it hasn't been released yet, not backordered? Everybody is taking preorders for this.

I see overseas sites have these listed though, ebay and linkdelight, etc.

Unfortunately Godox's site is suspended, so nothing can be reviewed there. :(

Personally, I have used these and these are much less expensive, very compact, and put out 2-3x the light. We use these for video announcements.
NEEWER LED LIGHT GRID (external link)

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)

James33
THREAD ­ STARTER
552 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 10, 2018 12:32 as a reply to  @ TeamSpeed's post |  #3

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a light stick to light paint with. This one seems to be built well and has the barn doors to minimize spill. The price sure beats Wescott's Ice Light! I've looked at other brands that are much cheaper but you do get what you pay for to an extent. I think Godox makes a good product overall and the LC500 is priced reasonably.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
33,992 posts
Joined May 2002
Post edited 2 months ago by TeamSpeed. (3 edits in all)

Jul 10, 2018 13:18 |  #4

James33 wrote in post #18659946 (external link)
Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a light stick to light paint with. This one seems to be built well and has the barn doors to minimize spill. The price sure beats Wescott's Ice Light! I've looked at other brands that are much cheaper but you do get what you pay for to an extent. I think Godox makes a good product overall and the LC500 is priced reasonably.

I was just surprised to see this product, usually we see these things posted when Godox comes out with new stuff, through flashhavoc and other sites. Looks interesting for sure, but I hadn't even heard of this. I see all their strobe news though. This Godox light "saber" must have flown under the radar. :)

Based on this from Amazon, I suspect it won't be available for almost another 2 weeks.

Get it as soon as July 23 - 31 if you choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.

If you need something compact and also cordless (using a camcorder style battery, extra item) and less expensive, definitely consider the Neewer though. It is very small, light and stores away easily. Built very well, and it comes with a diffuser panel too. I love how you can dial in any color you want vs being stuck with just 2 colors on the Godox.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,442 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jul 10, 2018 13:42 |  #5

James33 wrote in post #18659784 (external link)
Hopefully Helen will see and respond, or maybe someone else knows. Ordered the new Godox LC500 LED light stick from Adorama and it's back ordered and no ETA. I'd really like to have it sooner rather than later. Any ETA on stock or where it IS in stock?

Thanks!
James

I'm sorry, we have no ETA as yet.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOster (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/ (external link)

James33
THREAD ­ STARTER
552 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 11, 2018 09:46 |  #6

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18659974 (external link)
If you need something compact and also cordless (using a camcorder style battery, extra item) and less expensive, definitely consider the Neewer though. It is very small, light and stores away easily. Built very well, and it comes with a diffuser panel too. I love how you can dial in any color you want vs being stuck with just 2 colors on the Godox.

Link to the Neewer with the diffuser panel? Does it have the barn doors? That's a biggie - without it you get all kinds of bleed.

James33
THREAD ­ STARTER
552 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 11, 2018 09:47 as a reply to  @ HelenOster's post |  #7

Thank you Helen! I'll wait and hopefully it won't be too long!

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
33,992 posts
Joined May 2002

Jul 11, 2018 10:13 |  #8

James33 wrote in post #18660513 (external link)
Link to the Neewer with the diffuser panel? Does it have the barn doors? That's a biggie - without it you get all kinds of bleed.

Neewer 660 LED with Barndoor (external link)

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
48,753 posts
Gallery: 151 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Jul 11, 2018 10:22 |  #9

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18659787 (external link)
It looks like it hasn't been released yet, not backordered? Everybody is taking preorders for this.

I see overseas sites have these listed though, ebay and linkdelight, etc.

Unfortunately Godox's site is suspended, so nothing can be reviewed there. :(

Personally, I have used these and these are much less expensive, very compact, and put out 2-3x the light. We use these for video announcements.
NEEWER LED LIGHT GRID (external link)

The specs (buried for some reason) claim 3360 lux. My, that is pretty BRIGHT for $65.00 :)

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
33,992 posts
Joined May 2002
Post edited 2 months ago by TeamSpeed. (4 edits in all)

Jul 11, 2018 10:35 as a reply to  @ CyberDyneSystems's post |  #10

We are using dual 480 LED versions of this light, and just to be clear on these, there are 2 sets of LED in these panels, half for one color extreme, and half for the other color extreme. The only way to get the full output is to turn on both colors at their highest setting. So basically in a nutshell, you only get the full output at a certain color temperature and that output diminishes the closer you get to either color temp extreme.

The 480 version is VERY BRIGHT when both sets are maxed out. You cannot have these in front of people with these settings, they will squint and go blind. We have a very dark studio (because our studio is an old office building with crappy lights and mixed natural lighting), and then use these to control the color temp of the video. Two will light up the subjects very nicely in this dark environment.

The 660 would have to be even brighter. :)

James33
THREAD ­ STARTER
552 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 12, 2018 10:18 |  #11

Thanks for the link - but I'm looking for a larger light source for light painting cars. Such a small square will create hot spots and fall off. And light stick will allow me to cover more of the car in one pass and wrap around the curves better.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
33,992 posts
Joined May 2002

Jul 12, 2018 16:51 as a reply to  @ James33's post |  #12

They have a line of these lights, some are long and narrow, not all are squares or short rectangles.

sponsored links

590 views & 4 likes for this thread
Helen @ Adorama - Godox LC500?
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.