Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 27 Aug 2018 (Monday) 22:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5D Classic Admirers Assemble (7)

Ballen ­ Photo
19,852 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2003

Aug 27, 2018 22:00 |  #1

It seems I'm slipping. I, or somebody like me was supposed to start a new 5D thread somewhere around 10K posts. OOPS!

Anyway, continued from here. https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1159990

The Captain and crew finally got their stuff together, now if we can only remember where we left it. :cool:

sponsored links
shutterpat
Cream of the Crop
10,407 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Best ofs: 11
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 27, 2018 22:13 |  #2

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Follow me --> https://www.instagram.​com/shutterpat/ (external link)

Ballen ­ Photo
THREAD ­ STARTER
19,852 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2003

Aug 27, 2018 22:18 |  #3

And shutterpat wins the honors of posting the very first, and wonderful I might add, image in the seventh rendition of the 5Dc thread.

The Captain and crew finally got their stuff together, now if we can only remember where we left it. :cool:

Freud
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Aug 2018

Aug 28, 2018 04:55 |  #4

Looking forward to another one!

My second body is on the way. The first one I got has the mirror glued with a bit too much glue which has sent the VF slightly out of focus, though AF is spot on thankfully. But I figured there's less risk in buying another one than to make a wrench and have a go at adjustment.

Also, to those in need of batteries, I scavenged 3 genuine spares for free by buying and selling a 40D kit.

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,037 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 28, 2018 19:26 |  #5

Crazy I got my 5D at least 8 days ealier than shipper said... a few test snaps below. I saw a particular 5Dc listing on eBay that said the front shutter did not work for "focus" so it was made to do back button focus. I went through the menu a few times in Custom Settings and did not see an option to do it. Just saw "Set" button function.

Anyone know how to do it? The below were set to Neautral Picture Style and merely croped with Lr lens correction added.
Interesting how the fence picked up greens more than the naked eye noticed, especially on the second one - the shadows from leaves are actually green...

Shot with the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Art which is labelled as a crop sensor lens but worked...

I am totally stoked about this body... the colour and look from youtube videos I've seen is remarkable similar to the kind of look I try to give a majority of my non-wildlife images.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Will immaculens.com (external link)

7Dmk II gripped | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 (Σ) f/1.4 'A'
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

kermit4u
792 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Aug 28, 2018 20:01 |  #6

shutterpat wrote in post #18694537 (external link)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by shutterpat in
./showthread.php?p=186​94537&i=i18063242
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Great photo, i'm beginning to think the 5dc and 135 f2 are a perfect match

7Dmkii gripped|5DC gripped|7Dmkii gripped|Canonet QL17 Giii|too many yet not enough lenses https://www.jeffowenph​otography.com/ (external link)
https://www.instagram.​com/jeffowenphotograph​y/ (external link)

kermit4u
792 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Aug 28, 2018 20:08 |  #7

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

She is listening and grooving to Aretha's Natural Woman which is playing on the PA at an event behind her. She either just got off a long night at work or is homeless.

7Dmkii gripped|5DC gripped|7Dmkii gripped|Canonet QL17 Giii|too many yet not enough lenses https://www.jeffowenph​otography.com/ (external link)
https://www.instagram.​com/jeffowenphotograph​y/ (external link)

Gart
446 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 28, 2018 21:14 |  #8

Immaculens wrote in post #18695342 (external link)
Crazy I got my 5D at least 8 days ealier than shipper said... a few test snaps below. I saw a particular 5Dc listing on eBay that said the front shutter did not work for "focus" so it was made to do back button focus. I went through the menu a few times in Custom Settings and did not see an option to do it. Just saw "Set" button function.

Anyone know how to do it?

If you are asking about how to set Back Button Focus: Go to Custom Functions, C.Fn-04, then select 3. I am just about positive this is the procedure.

I use it on the 5D I have and really enjoy it.

Gart

shutterpat
Cream of the Crop
10,407 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Best ofs: 11
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 28, 2018 23:04 |  #9

Ballen Photo wrote in post #18694543 (external link)
And shutterpat wins the honors of posting the very first, and wonderful I might add, image in the seventh rendition of the 5Dc thread.

^^ Thanks :-) ^^

Freud wrote in post #18694690 (external link)
Looking forward to another one!

My second body is on the way. The first one I got has the mirror glued with a bit too much glue which has sent the VF slightly out of focus, though AF is spot on thankfully. But I figured there's less risk in buying another one than to make a wrench and have a go at adjustment.

Also, to those in need of batteries, I scavenged 3 genuine spares for free by buying and selling a 40D kit.

Immaculens wrote in post #18695342 (external link)

Anyone know how to do it? The below were set to Neautral Picture Style and merely croped with Lr lens correction added.
Interesting how the fence picked up greens more than the naked eye noticed, especially on the second one - the shadows from leaves are actually green...

Shot with the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Art which is labelled as a crop sensor lens but worked...

I am totally stoked about this body... the colour and look from youtube videos I've seen is remarkable similar to the kind of look I try to give a majority of my non-wildlife images.

^^ Welcome aboard fellas ! :-) ^^

kermit4u wrote in post #18695364 (external link)
Great photo, i'm beginning to think the 5dc and 135 f2 are a perfect match

^^ Yessir ...:-) ^^

HOSTED PHOTO

Follow me --> https://www.instagram.​com/shutterpat/ (external link)

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,037 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 29, 2018 04:39 |  #10

Gart wrote in post #18695404 (external link)
If you are asking about how to set Back Button Focus: Go to Custom Functions, C.Fn-04, then select 3. I am just about positive this is the procedure.

I use it on the 5D I have and really enjoy it.

Gart

Bingo! Thank-you Gart, its what I am accustomed to :-)

7Dmk II gripped | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 (Σ) f/1.4 'A'

JennB
GoldLurker
1,122 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2005

Aug 29, 2018 09:08 |  #11

7th round, going strong! I still have my two 5D camera bodies, which I'll never give up. :love: Too bad my daughter has grown up and is now in college. I need to find another muse!

~ Jenn ~
"Raise the bar to a level only you can jump!"
{Gear List & Market Feedback}

vasher
293 posts
Gallery: 175 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2011

Aug 31, 2018 09:49 |  #12

The 5Ds keep on ticking. 8-)

With the shortening days, the chickens have started to molt. Little cloud of feathers when one of them gets picked up.

IMAGE: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1871/43470848885_a0c135bd46_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/29en​sSz  (external link) chickies-8595 (external link) by vashnic (external link), on Flickr

Flickr (external link)

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,037 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Sep 02, 2018 09:27 |  #13

What flash do you folks like using with the 5Dc?
My 320EX of course works but maual powwer settings would be nice...

Anyone using a reliable cheap Yongnuo with manual settings?

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,037 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Sep 02, 2018 09:28 |  #14

a few recent snaps

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,037 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Sep 02, 2018 09:29 |  #15

few more ~

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links

23,597 views & 598 likes for this thread
5D Classic Admirers Assemble (7)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.