Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 27 Aug 2018 (Monday) 22:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5D Classic Admirers Assemble (7)

5D4ME
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2019
Post edited 4 days ago by 5D4ME. (3 edits in all)

Jan 12, 2019 12:50 as a reply to  @ post 18790140 |  #196

This started out with a simple observation of price gouging, and a correct one at that, that you seem to be fixated on saying I feel "slighted" over, for a price I never paid and would never pay. You've missed the mark multiple times now, and now you're trying to use "authorized reseller" as an excuse for being wrong, when the listing in your screenshot aren't even of "authorized resellers".

Here's a link to the first listing in your screenshot: https://www.ebay.com …YQAAOSw3T5b1Ukv​:rk:2:pf:0 (external link)

Not an "authorized reseller", it's their personally owned camera. I'm sorry you feel like you need to prove me wrong over multiple things that I've already proven right. I just don't understand your reasoning or motivations for doing so. So I suggest that if you aren't going to accept you were wrong, to just drop it because it's pointless to continue down this path.

sponsored links
WhyFi
Goldmember
2,703 posts
Gallery: 210 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2008

Jan 12, 2019 13:02 |  #197

5D4ME wrote in post #18790145 (external link)
So I suggest that if you aren't going to accept you were wrong, to just drop it because it's pointless to continue down this path.

Hilarious.

Bill is my name - I'm the most wanted man on my island, except I'm not on my island, of course. More's the pity.

txsizzler
338 posts
Gallery: 122 photos
Joined Jan 2017

Jan 12, 2019 13:07 |  #198

WhyFi wrote in post #18790152 (external link)
Hilarious.

Agreed. I think he just wants to justify himself. Wherever floats your boat, 5D4ME, but I completely disagree with your assessment on the so-called "price gouging".

5D4ME
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2019
Post edited 4 days ago by 5D4ME.

Jan 12, 2019 13:16 |  #199

txsizzler wrote in post #18790155 (external link)
Agreed. I think he just wants to justify himself. Wherever floats your boat, 5D4ME, but I completely disagree with your assessment on the so-called "price gouging".

I think you just don't like being proven wrong even over simple no stakes situations, but in your attempt to try to appear right to keep from feeling wrong, you just compile bad excuses and get proven perpetually wrong. But let's agree to disagree shall we. I'm sure there's other forums specifically for senseless arguing to fill your day.

txsizzler
338 posts
Gallery: 122 photos
Joined Jan 2017
Post edited 4 days ago by txsizzler. (3 edits in all)

Jan 12, 2019 13:30 |  #200

5D4ME wrote in post #18790160 (external link)
I think you just don't like being proven wrong even over simple no stakes situations, but in your attempt to try to appear right to keep from feeling wrong, you just compile bad excuses and get proven perpetually wrong. But let's agree to disagree shall we. I'm sure there's other forums specifically for senseless arguing to fill your day.

You haven't proven anything, with the exception that you appear to be out of touch with reality. None of your arguments prove at all that with authorized reselling, prices magically climb due to a YouTube video.

I think I have some extra tinfoil for your hat if you need some. :-P

Ballen ­ Photo
THREAD ­ STARTER
19,852 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2003

Jan 12, 2019 15:56 |  #201

OK Guys, let's get back to the 5D Classic. We all know there are prices all over the spectrum.

The Captain and crew finally got their stuff together, now if we can only remember where we left it. :cool:

shutterpat
Cream of the Crop
10,407 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Best ofs: 11
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 12, 2019 19:09 |  #202

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Follow me --> https://www.instagram.​com/shutterpat/ (external link)

Ballen ­ Photo
THREAD ­ STARTER
19,852 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2003

Jan 12, 2019 19:35 |  #203

shutterpat wrote in post #18790365 (external link)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by shutterpat in
./showthread.php?p=187​90365&i=i211031307
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

That's a cool, and surreal effect. :-)

The Captain and crew finally got their stuff together, now if we can only remember where we left it. :cool:

VaDimZH
861 posts
Gallery: 579 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Jan 12, 2019 19:53 |  #204

shutterpat wrote in post #18790365 (external link)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by shutterpat in
./showthread.php?p=187​90365&i=i211031307
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

As always,very impressive! :-)

Body: Canon 5D
Optics: Canon EF 135mm f/2 L USM
Flash: Canon 430EX III RT
Bag: Think Tank SPEED FREAK V2.0
Monitor: NEC PA272W-BK-SV
flickr (external link)

Dillan_K
Goldmember
1,036 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Jan 12, 2019 23:41 as a reply to  @ shutterpat's post |  #205

You create such magic with an old 5D, and even older 300mm f/4L IS! Both camera and lens are near and dear to me. It's good to see you using both on a regular basis.

Gear: Canon 24mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, 100mm f/2.8 Macro, 300mm f/4L IS, 5D, Elan 7, 420EX, Metz 52 AF-1
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

23,576 views & 598 likes for this thread
5D Classic Admirers Assemble (7)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.