Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 18 Sep 2018 (Tuesday) 16:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Scanner question, haze inside on glass

Jeff ­ USN ­ Photog ­ 72-76
Goldmember
1,134 posts
Gallery: 273 photos
Joined Aug 2014

Sep 18, 2018 16:35 |  #1

I have a HP G4050 and have noticed the while my glass is clean and bright on the outside there is a slight haze on the inside, the underside of the glass.

I am thinking since it is older it is time to spring for a V600 or V800, I don't have "That" many 4x5 negs

"sometimes having is not so pleasing as wanting, it is not logical but it is true" Commander Spock
"Free advice is seldom cheap" Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #59
I might not always be right, but I am never wrong! Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken!

sponsored links
goalerjones
903 posts
Gallery: 153 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined May 2018

Sep 21, 2018 01:49 |  #2

Is it possible to simply remove, clean, then replace the glass?

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,134 posts
Joined Aug 2014

Sep 21, 2018 18:05 |  #3

I tried will try taking it completely apart from the bottom.

"sometimes having is not so pleasing as wanting, it is not logical but it is true" Commander Spock
I might not always be right, but I am never wrong! Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken!

chris001
465 posts
Gallery: 258 photos
Joined Dec 2014
Post edited over 1 year ago by chris001.

Sep 21, 2018 19:29 |  #4

Jeff USN Photog 72-76 wrote in post #18712960 (external link)
I tried will try taking it completely apart from the bottom.

I have the same scanner, easy to take apart and clean.

https://support.hp.com​/us-en/document/c00093456/ (external link)

Thanks!
Chris
flickr (external link)

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,134 posts
Joined Aug 2014

Sep 21, 2018 20:19 |  #5

Thank you I will try it tomorrow

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
10,164 posts
Joined May 2003

Sep 21, 2018 22:08 |  #6

chris001 wrote in post #18712997 (external link)
I have the same scanner, easy to take apart and clean.

https://support.hp.com​/us-en/document/c00093456/ (external link)

Some more help at https://h30434.www3.hp​.com …an-the-inside/td-p/773395 (external link)

joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,606 posts
Gallery: 168 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Sep 22, 2018 04:41 |  #7

I used to service fax machines for a living & probably 60% of quality problems were cured by cleaning dust off the mirrors in the optical path.

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II (broken), and an M5, along with a M6 destined for 720nm
TF posting: here :-)

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,134 posts
Joined Aug 2014

Sep 22, 2018 19:41 |  #8

Took it apart and cleaned it, working great now.

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
43,181 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited over 1 year ago by Wilt.

Sep 22, 2018 19:47 |  #9

Jeff USN Photog 72-76 wrote in post #18713677 (external link)
Took it apart and cleaned it, working great now.

Fantastic. I have noticed the haze on the interior surface of the glass on my Canon 8800F, and could not figure out how to open the case to clean the glass. I just found online the service manual, and hope to open the case in following the illustrations (unfortunately no textual descriptions to accompany the illustrations!)

i just pulled out the service manual, and in spite of poor descriptions to accompany the drawings, I managed to get the glass cover off and the haze on the underside of the glass cleaned off, and things screwed back together, all in maybe 20 minutes. If I had to do it again, it would certainly be a faster process, since I know know how the parts interlock together...only 4 screws to remove. It certainly helped to watch a YouTube on the 8600F, showing where 2 of the 4 screws were located!

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

sponsored links

1,178 views & 2 likes for this thread
Scanner question, haze inside on glass
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.