Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 10 Oct 2018 (Wednesday) 10:05
Search threadPrev/next

-= Canon EOS R owners unite! Post photos and discuss.

LoneRider
Goldmember
2,410 posts
Gallery: 458 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 25, 2019 21:34 |  #2641

A few shots of the free loaders tonight...

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.
Photo from LoneRider's gallery.

Dogs went to the groomer this week, always come back with bows in her hair. Wanted to get a shot before they come out, but she is quite camera shy. I tried to get her to pose by holding her food bowl up to the camera, didn't work, but caught her in a mid licking of the chops... :-D

Refused to cooperate...

HOSTED PHOTO

Snuck a shot when she wasn't looking.

HOSTED PHOTO

Wayne...
~I don't suffer from gear ADD, I embrace and enjoy it...~
Canon EOS R, Panasonic G9, GX9, and a bunch of glass...

Petie53
373 posts
Joined Jan 2014

Jan 26, 2019 10:19 as a reply to  @ LoneRider's post |  #2642

If looks could kill!!!
Wow that dog hates photos.
vmad

Pete
6D, 60D, EOS-M, EOS-M3, 22M, 11-22M, 18-55M, 55-200M, 15L 2.8 fisheye, 10-22 EFS, 35 F/2 IS USM, 18-135 STM, 24-70L 2.8 II, 70-300L, 100-400L II

LoneRider
Goldmember
2,410 posts
Gallery: 458 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 26, 2019 12:30 |  #2643

Was all excited to try stacking the 2x and 1.4x TCs, unfortunately my el cheap o 13mm extension tube has a rectangular interior that won’t let it mount to the round extension of the TC.

Ordered a Canon 12mm one, now I have to wait until next week :-(

Wayne...
~I don't suffer from gear ADD, I embrace and enjoy it...~
Canon EOS R, Panasonic G9, GX9, and a bunch of glass...

bbqkid8
301 posts
Gallery: 54 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 26, 2019 13:51 |  #2644

I did a bad today... Or a good, depending on perspective  :p

Walked into a camera place I haven’t been to in years and saw that they had the 28-70. He asked where I got my R and when I told him he said he could have given me a better price. So after some talking he gave me the 28-70 for a few hundred dollars off. I’ve never haggled at a retail store before so I was surprised.

Anyway, this is my dog. He has a cataract and is blind in one eye. The image is sooc and all I did was rotate and crop it. The lens is a lot lighter than it looks!

HOSTED PHOTO

Brian,
Canon EOS R; Canon 500mm f/4 Mark II; Canon 100-400mm f/4-5.6 Mark II; Canon 70-200mm 2.8 Mark II; Canon RF 28-70 f/2; Canon 1.4x Extender Mark III;
https://www.brianbaqui​al.com (external link)
Instagram (external link)

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
11,487 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Aug 2010
Post edited 11 months ago by David Arbogast.

Jan 26, 2019 15:18 |  #2645

bbqkid8 wrote in post #18798909 (external link)
I did a bad today... Or a good, depending on perspective  :p

Walked into a camera place I haven’t been to in years and saw that they had the 28-70. He asked where I got my R and when I told him he said he could have given me a better price. So after some talking he gave me the 28-70 for a few hundred dollars off. I’ve never haggled at a retail store before so I was surprised.

Anyway, this is my dog. He has a cataract and is blind in one eye. The image is sooc and all I did was rotate and crop it. The lens is a lot lighter than it looks!
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by bbqkid8 in
./showthread.php?p=187​98909&i=i210553534
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

The R isn’t a major draw for me (though I love Canon ergonomics), but I really like what Canon’s doing with their RF lenses. Congrats on the new lens and I’m looking forward to seeing more 28-70mm captures. You can post shots of your sweet super cute dog all day long too! :)

David | Flickr (external link)
Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, Sigma 35mm F/1.2, Loxia 85mm, Batis 85mm, Batis 135mm

SereneSpeed
Goldmember
1,030 posts
Joined Jan 2013
Post edited 11 months ago by SereneSpeed.

Jan 26, 2019 15:38 |  #2646

PSA: If you own an EOS R, a lens mount adapter, and only EF lenses. Do not buy an RF lens. I repeat DO NOT BUY AN RF LENS!!!

The stupid RF lenses are awesome... vmad and now I have to deal with losing my lens adapter and I want all my lenses to be RF, but that's not going to be possible for years to come, so yeah... Spare yourselves the pain. Stay EF.

Oh, and to add to this, I only bought the silly little RF 35. I just wanted a lens to chase my kids with. I've missed my 35 Art since the day I sold it. At the time, I felt it was the perfect lens for all around daily use. But the AF was inconsistent on my DLSRs so I sold it a couple years back. Fast forward to October when my EOS R arrived and I suddenly didn't feel like carrying a huge adapted lens around with my tiny little R. So I've been drooling over the RF35. Just want to say. It's perfect and exceeding my expectations so far. Sharp. Pleasing bokeh (for a f1.8). And 1/4 second exposures with the IS - consistently sharp! Harumph!

You've been warned...

https://www.danbcreati​ve.com (external link) - Commercial Work
http://unabashedbeauty​.com (external link) - Boudoir/NSFW

bbqkid8
301 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 26, 2019 15:54 |  #2647

David Arbogast wrote in post #18798954 (external link)
The R isn’t a major draw for me (though I love Canon ergonomics), but I really like what Canon’s doing with their RF lenses. Congrats on the new lens and I’m looking forward to seeing more 28-70mm captures. You can post shots of your sweet super cute dog all day long too! :)

Haha thanks. The dog is my most cooperative subject!

Brian,
Canon EOS R; Canon 500mm f/4 Mark II; Canon 100-400mm f/4-5.6 Mark II; Canon 70-200mm 2.8 Mark II; Canon RF 28-70 f/2; Canon 1.4x Extender Mark III;

bbqkid8
301 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 26, 2019 15:56 |  #2648

SereneSpeed wrote in post #18798970 (external link)
PSA: If you own an EOS R, a lens mount adapter, and only EF lenses. Do not buy an RF lens. I repeat DO NOT BUY AN RF LENS!!!

The stupid RF lenses are awesome... vmad and now I have to deal with losing my lens adapter and I want all my lenses to be RF, but that's not going to be possible for years to come, so yeah... Spare yourselves the pain. Stay EF.

Oh, and to add to this, I only bought the silly little RF 35. I just wanted a lens to chase my kids with. I've missed my 35 Art since the day I sold it. At the time, I felt it was the perfect lens for all around daily use. But the AF was inconsistent on my DLSRs so I sold it a couple years back. Fast forward to October when my EOS R arrived and I suddenly didn't feel like carrying a huge adapted lens around with my tiny little R. So I've been drooling over the RF35. Just want to say. It's perfect and exceeding my expectations so far. Sharp. Pleasing bokeh (for a f1.8). And 1/4 second exposures with the IS - consistently sharp! Harumph!

You've been warned...

I only had the 24-70 ii for a month, but I felt I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get the RF 28-70 below retail price at this point.

Brian,

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,978 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 26, 2019 16:34 |  #2649

SereneSpeed wrote in post #18798970 (external link)

You've been warned...

Well Yeah

Why else buy an R?? Seriously. Its not the body. Its going to be optics. When I put the 50R on the one i played with I knew instantly. Wait till they start introducing glass like a 105 F/1.4 R or update the 85 1.8 to an R mount. Nothing is going to touch these R primes. They are going to be Zeiss quality optics

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,978 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 26, 2019 16:38 |  #2650

David Arbogast wrote in post #18798954 (external link)

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

WilsonFlyer
770 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Jan 26, 2019 16:41 |  #2651

Personally, I'm very pleased to have the camera to go with mine. Y'all keep waiting though. I'm sure something will come along that will meet your needs and expectations. Eventually. Consider mine already met. :)

bbqkid8
301 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 26, 2019 20:33 |  #2652

ISO 12,800 with no noise reduction but still a bit of post work.

HOSTED PHOTO

Brian,

DigitalTuned
All these thoughts give me nightmares
4,783 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Nov 2010

Jan 26, 2019 21:53 |  #2653

Man let's see if I can use my R tomorrow.. I recently started shooting film again and been neglecting almost all digital equipment..

Isaac
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
facebook - (external link) - 500px (external link)

Detroitable
41 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jan 2019

Jan 26, 2019 23:11 |  #2654

SO what can we expect from the upcoming firmware update for the R ? Is 120FPS doable or is that a hardware limitation?

chuckmiller
Goldmember
1,287 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Joined May 2012

Jan 26, 2019 23:30 |  #2655

Wow, look at the detail in the entire bird.

nardes wrote in post #18795708 (external link)
Heron posing nicely for the EOS R.:-)

Cheers

Dennis
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by nardes in
./showthread.php?p=187​95708&i=i64831736
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Retired from Fire/Rescue with 30 years on the job 1/05/2019

1,056,370 views & 17,227 likes for this thread
-= Canon EOS R owners unite! Post photos and discuss.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.