Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Changing Camera Brands 
Thread started 07 Apr 2019 (Sunday) 18:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I just switched to Fuji

soeren
Whoops Im not updated
672 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2017

Apr 14, 2019 10:41 |  #31

Slightl swirl in the zoom pics. A bit more contrast in the 90mm?

If history has proven anything. it's that evolution always wins!!

sponsored links
AlanU
Cream of the Crop
7,448 posts
Gallery: 126 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 14, 2019 11:49 |  #32

Two Hot Shoes wrote in post #18845358 (external link)
Walked out the back of the house and snapped a few shots, similar to the one above, with the 50-140 and the 90/2. These are out of camera jpegs, no editing done.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Two Hot Shoes in
./showthread.php?p=188​45358&i=i123459014
forum: Changing Camera Brands

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Two Hot Shoes in
./showthread.php?p=188​45358&i=i109389876
forum: Changing Camera Brands

The oof part of the 50-140mm is ever so slight more busy. Comparing the 50-140mm to a 1 stopped down 90mm f/2 to f/2.8 the 90mm does have a slightly more calmer softer oof image.

I do not know for certain but I'd imagine as Fuji converts RAW to JPG in camera they convert it so that it'd have no worms. I cannot confirm as I never shoot jpg output to scrutinize. As a PC user I shoot small jpgs so that I can quickly look at my folders rather than opening up LR to view. Old habit from a decade + of using PC.

The way I look at the 50-140mm is that "it is what it is" and this is what Fuji only has to offer. The similar range other brands like Canon, Sony, Nikon must accept what is out there. It's just that they also have 3rd party Tamron, Tokina, Sigma as well as the cheap samyang/Rokinon primes.

Changing to Fuji aps-c as a primary is not an issue if the photog is accepting the lens offerings and sensor performance. For zooms switching to Fuji I personally feel Fuji needs f/1.8 zooms. This is just one of my reasons why Fuji is not my primary system. However for primes in reality many fuji f/1.2 or f/1.4 primes provides sufficient bokeh to satisfy the masses.

Photogs are more particular in bokeh vs a client/family members. When I shot with an Canon 80D I appreciated the Canon 70-200 f/2.8IS mk2 as the 80D almost served it's purpose for a built in TC1.6 converter while still providing f/4 FF equiv Dof. That was "nice". For my Fuji I just have the 50-140mm for my long telephoto needs.

Having a super sharp telephoto zoom I do not think it's easy to have a calm smooth bokeh. My GM 70-200 or Canon 70-200 can have contrasty bokeh in some cases.

Clients would love an image regardless of having nasty nervous bokeh in most cases (I assume). The OP said he shoots portraits. Primes are the safest bet.

5Dmkiv |5Dmkiii | 24LmkII | 85 mkII L | | 16-35L mkII | 24-70 f/2.8L mkii| 70-200 f/2.8 ISL mkII| 600EX-RT x2 | 580 EX II x2 | Einstein's
Fuji - gone
Sony 2 x A7iii w/ Sigma MC-11 adapter | GM16-35 f/2.8 | Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 | GM70-200 f/2.8 |Sigma Art 24 f/1.4 | Sigma ART 35 f/1.2 | FE85 f/1.8 | Sigma ART 105 f/1.4 | Godox V860iiS & V1S

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
3,304 posts
Gallery: 341 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2014

Apr 14, 2019 12:20 |  #33

Interesting reading what people see, the 50-140 is 1/3 stop over the 90/2 in those images, probably should have not shot that on auto ISO.....

50-140 is a great portrait lens, nice flexibility and plenty of sharpness + OIS to boot. Bigger than a prime but not that big as tele lenses go. If, as Alan says, someone is willing to accept that it is what it is and the APS-c sensor performance (???)... I'm happy to accept that most of the time :lol: A bit like the way many photos will just accept the sensor performance of the 135mm camera, put up with it's low bit rate, dynamic range and colour depth as well as it's lack of resolving detail :p

The worms thing is not something I've had to deal with in years (although I'm sure there were loads in that shot, just under the ground, eh Farmer Ted), anyway Capture One makes work easy on that front if you are editing while wearing your tinfoil cap. It's not a case of Fuji processing out the worms, it's more of a case of those who opt to use Lightroom failing to understand how to use the program, as has been proven time and time again all over the internet. But if you are really worried just use the free version of capture one, I'd did for a month when I had the X-T3 to see and I think it's more than enough for most peoples editing needs, plus the full version is always available to buy outright, & is 50% off till the end of this month. No excuses now.

I think fellow X-Photographer Damien Lovegrove sets it out nicely in his blog about the 90/2 and 50-140/2.8.
https://www.prophotonu​t.com …the-fuji-xf50-140mm-zoom/ (external link)

I have a steady hand so can shoot the 90/2 at 1/125 most of the time but 1/200 is a killer low ss for me.

Fujifilm cameras and lenses.
Get 5% off Fuji from Kim ;) (external link)
Gear & Discounts (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)
Coffee & Fujis (external link)YouTube (external link)

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2012
Post edited 6 months ago by EverydayGetaway.

Apr 14, 2019 12:27 |  #34

AlanU wrote in post #18845450 (external link)
The oof part of the 50-140mm is ever so slight more busy. Comparing the 50-140mm to a 1 stopped down 90mm f/2 to f/2.8 the 90mm does have a slightly more calmer softer oof image.

I do not know for certain but I'd imagine as Fuji converts RAW to JPG in camera they convert it so that it'd have no worms. I cannot confirm as I never shoot jpg output to scrutinize. As a PC user I shoot small jpgs so that I can quickly look at my folders rather than opening up LR to view. Old habit from a decade + of using PC.

The way I look at the 50-140mm is that "it is what it is" and this is what Fuji only has to offer. The similar range other brands like Canon, Sony, Nikon must accept what is out there. It's just that they also have 3rd party Tamron, Tokina, Sigma as well as the cheap samyang/Rokinon primes.

Changing to Fuji aps-c as a primary is not an issue if the photog is accepting the lens offerings and sensor performance. For zooms switching to Fuji I personally feel Fuji needs f/1.8 zooms. This is just one of my reasons why Fuji is not my primary system. However for primes in reality many fuji f/1.2 or f/1.4 primes provides sufficient bokeh to satisfy the masses.

Photogs are more particular in bokeh vs a client/family members. When I shot with an Canon 80D I appreciated the Canon 70-200 f/2.8IS mk2 as the 80D almost served it's purpose for a built in TC1.6 converter while still providing f/4 FF equiv Dof. That was "nice". For my Fuji I just have the 50-140mm for my long telephoto needs.

Having a super sharp telephoto zoom I do not think it's easy to have a calm smooth bokeh. My GM 70-200 or Canon 70-200 can have contrasty bokeh in some cases.

Clients would love an image regardless of having nasty nervous bokeh in most cases (I assume). The OP said he shoots portraits. Primes are the safest bet.

I'd love to see Kim (or anyone else) do another test without disclosing which lens was which.

Your point about "worms" makes absolutely no sense. The artifacts you're referring to have everything to do with Adobe and how their software reads RAF files, using other software to edit RAF files makes this issue disappear (thus implying that Fuji is "hiding" the issue with JPEG conversions is ludicrous).

f1.8 zoom lenses defeat the purpose of what Fuji's APS-C system offers. I'd like to see them come out with one of those lenses just so people like you will stop going on and on about them. The buzz behind the 33mm f1.0 is a perfect example of why lenses like that aren't needed. The majority of posts I've seen regarding that lens are complaints about how huge and heavy it is.

The 8-16mm f2.8 is another great example of why they should ignore people who insist on them making massive lenses, those same people (like yourself) then complain about how big, heavy, and expensive they are. It's a lose-lose situation for them, they should keep doing what they've been doing; make excellent, small, and comparatively light lenses compared to what the FF counterparts are offering.

As for the OP saying he shoots portraits; he also said that he BOUGHT (as in, chose) the 50-140mm for this task... respect his decision and move on, plenty of people use that lens for portraits and are very happy with the results (as this thread alone is evidence of).

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-H1 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)www.LucasGPhoto.com (external link)

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
7,448 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 14, 2019 13:28 |  #35

EverydayGetaway wrote in post #18845467 (external link)
I'd love to see Kim (or anyone else) do another test without disclosing which lens was which.

Your point about "worms" makes absolutely no sense. The artifacts you're referring to have everything to do with Adobe and how their software reads RAF files, using other software to edit RAF files makes this issue disappear (thus implying that Fuji is "hiding" the issue with JPEG conversions is ludicrous).

f1.8 zoom lenses defeat the purpose of what Fuji's APS-C system offers. I'd like to see them come out with one of those lenses just so people like you will stop going on and on about them. The buzz behind the 33mm f1.0 is a perfect example of why lenses like that aren't needed. The majority of posts I've seen regarding that lens are complaints about how huge and heavy it is.

The 8-16mm f2.8 is another great example of why they should ignore people who insist on them making massive lenses, those same people (like yourself) then complain about how big, heavy, and expensive they are. It's a lose-lose situation for them, they should keep doing what they've been doing; make excellent, small, and comparatively light lenses compared to what the FF counterparts are offering.

As for the OP saying he shoots portraits; he also said that he BOUGHT (as in, chose) the 50-140mm for this task... respect his decision and move on, plenty of people use that lens for portraits and are very happy with the results (as this thread alone is evidence of).

Lucas,

This is an open discussion so please keep it entertaining and not so personal. Not about fanboyism or loyalty. If you read my post I mention some personal preference as well as just discussion of gear in general.

You are absolutely correct that I am "implying" fuji can convert Raw to jpg without worms. It's in their control and care in the manner they convert digital raw to a compressed digital image file.

Are you implying that your personal preference dictates the existence of small form factor Fuji Aps-c system? Plenty of Fuji shooters need or use the heavier lenses because they need it. Also it's the system they have as a primary sytem. The 80mm, 8-16mm, 16-55, 50-140mm, 100-400 and the expensive 200 f/2 (which most here cannot afford as hobbyists or even pros) are perfect examples that Fuji cannot state it's main intent of keeping things small. The 33mm f/1.0 was just intentionally designed for the folks that want f/1.5 shallow dof FF equiv as well as bragging rights that Fuji has developed such a prime lens as a part of their lens lineup. Fuji did NOT create the expensive $$$$ 33mm as a main stream lens that the average consumer will buy.

It's now common to see the MIRRORLESS world all going heavy as we all know we cannot bent the theory of physics. In due time Nikon and Canon will develop fast (f/2) small form factor primes for their killer FF mirrorless systems. Matter of short time when Nikon and Canon meets the same level of Sony bodies as they expedited the improvements with their R&D department. Sony released their incredible GM 24mm f/1.4 which is very small and light too!!!!

Photogs jump all the time from system to system. You'll start chatting with people now compromising small form factor for heavier glass. Matter of time the demands for f/1.2 to f/1.4 FF equiv dof is going to draw people back to Nikon/Canon with their mirrorless FF. Many are already using Sony FF mirrorless as they are the pioneers in features as well as enjoying the aps-c and FF sensor performance.

As Fuji specifically states their aps-c is "good enough". The Gist of it, Fuji mentions if you need the "best" performance from fuji for most professional applications and demands you should look into the GFX system. They put emphasis on their larger clunky MF system with big heavy lenses as their king of performance.

If I stick with Fuji as my 3rd system I will go out and buy the 8-16mm as it's best that Fuji has to offer. I happily paid a lot more for my Sony GMaster 16-35 f/2.8 as it meets my personal demands and focal range. Going that route was a win/win as that piece of glass and Sony sensor performance is absolutely incredible in virtually any light condition. Since I'm also a Sony shooter it's hard to buy the 8-16mm as the body/lens combo is heavier than my Sony FF A73 with UWA Gmaster f/2.8. Hard to open up a wallet for less sensor performance and it has animal eye AF so I can take photos of my friends CATS with no issues :) :P Joking aside if Fuji was my primary system I'd run out to buy the 8-16mm, 16-55, 80mm and all of the f/1.4 primes and 90mm.

For the portrait shooter it's cheaper to buy the Fuji 35 f/1.4 and 90mm f/2. If a person prefers the 85mm FL (ff equiv) the 56mm is killer. Small form factor and fantastic. 50-140mm is "good" for portraits but I feel it's great for run/gun situations or for pure flexible versatility. I'll say the same thing with my Canon/Sony 70-200 zooms. When the condition is "right" the 50-140mm can produce killer portraits. Stating anything "negative" is a matter of providing awareness that some conditions exists in producing nervous bokeh. Slap on a 56mm and it's almost bullet proof in a money shot maker for portrait application!!

5Dmkiv |5Dmkiii | 24LmkII | 85 mkII L | | 16-35L mkII | 24-70 f/2.8L mkii| 70-200 f/2.8 ISL mkII| 600EX-RT x2 | 580 EX II x2 | Einstein's
Fuji - gone
Sony 2 x A7iii w/ Sigma MC-11 adapter | GM16-35 f/2.8 | Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 | GM70-200 f/2.8 |Sigma Art 24 f/1.4 | Sigma ART 35 f/1.2 | FE85 f/1.8 | Sigma ART 105 f/1.4 | Godox V860iiS & V1S

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
3,304 posts
Joined Apr 2014
Post edited 6 months ago by Two Hot Shoes. (2 edits in all)

Apr 14, 2019 13:30 as a reply to  @ EverydayGetaway's post |  #36

I did a blind post before in a thread about sensor sizes, one shot was with the X-RPO2 and the other was with the XF100mp, almost everybody chose not to answer that question but were quick with offering their advice and [In]experience in why you need a 'FF' sensor. I guess that's just the internet at times :rolleyes:

I'm all up for the big lenses for work but I'd never bring them out day to day, like you Lucas I love the small lenses, like the f/2s

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2012
Post edited 6 months ago by EverydayGetaway.

Apr 14, 2019 14:31 |  #37

AlanU wrote in post #18845489 (external link)
Lucas,

This is an open discussion so please keep it entertaining and not so personal. Not about fanboyism or loyalty. If you read my post I mention some personal preference as well as just discussion of gear in general.

You are absolutely correct that I am "implying" fuji can convert Raw to jpg without worms. It's in their control and care in the manner they convert digital raw to a compressed digital image file.

Are you implying that your personal preference dictates the existence of small form factor Fuji Aps-c system? Plenty of Fuji shooters need or use the heavier lenses because they need it. Also it's the system they have as a primary sytem. The 80mm, 8-16mm, 16-55, 50-140mm, 100-400 and the expensive 200 f/2 (which most here cannot afford as hobbyists or even pros) are perfect examples that Fuji cannot state it's main intent of keeping things small. The 33mm f/1.0 was just intentionally designed for the folks that want f/1.5 shallow dof FF equiv as well as bragging rights that Fuji has developed such a prime lens as a part of their lens lineup. Fuji did NOT create the expensive $$$$ 33mm as a main stream lens that the average consumer will buy.

It's now common to see the MIRRORLESS world all going heavy as we all know we cannot bent the theory of physics. In due time Nikon and Canon will develop fast (f/2) small form factor primes for their killer FF mirrorless systems. Matter of short time when Nikon and Canon meets the same level of Sony bodies as they expedited the improvements with their R&D department. Sony released their incredible GM 24mm f/1.4 which is very small and light too!!!!

Photogs jump all the time from system to system. You'll start chatting with people now compromising small form factor for heavier glass. Matter of time the demands for f/1.2 to f/1.4 FF equiv dof is going to draw people back to Nikon/Canon with their mirrorless FF. Many are already using Sony FF mirrorless as they are the pioneers in features as well as enjoying the aps-c and FF sensor performance.

As Fuji specifically states their aps-c is "good enough". The Gist of it, Fuji mentions if you need the "best" performance from fuji for most professional applications and demands you should look into the GFX system. They put emphasis on their larger clunky MF system with big heavy lenses as their king of performance.

If I stick with Fuji as my 3rd system I will go out and buy the 8-16mm as it's best that Fuji has to offer. I happily paid a lot more for my Sony GMaster 16-35 f/2.8 as it meets my personal demands and focal range. Going that route was a win/win as that piece of glass and Sony sensor performance is absolutely incredible in virtually any light condition. Since I'm also a Sony shooter it's hard to buy the 8-16mm as the body/lens combo is heavier than my Sony FF A73 with UWA Gmaster f/2.8. Hard to open up a wallet for less sensor performance and it has animal eye AF so I can take photos of my friends CATS with no issues :) :P Joking aside if Fuji was my primary system I'd run out to buy the 8-16mm, 16-55, 80mm and all of the f/1.4 primes and 90mm.

For the portrait shooter it's cheaper to buy the Fuji 35 f/1.4 and 90mm f/2. If a person prefers the 85mm FL (ff equiv) the 56mm is killer. Small form factor and fantastic. 50-140mm is "good" for portraits but I feel it's great for run/gun situations or for pure flexible versatility. I'll say the same thing with my Canon/Sony 70-200 zooms. When the condition is "right" the 50-140mm can produce killer portraits. Stating anything "negative" is a matter of providing awareness that some conditions exists in producing nervous bokeh. Slap on a 56mm and it's almost bullet proof in a money shot maker for portrait application!!

I know you're not this obtuse... You just made my argument for me. Go back and read what I said.

And none of what I said was meant as a personal attack on you (though I could argue your constant straw man of saying anyone who calls you out is a "fanboy", is sort of a personal jab). I only said "like yourself", because you've literally done the thing I was referring to :rolleyes:

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-H1 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)www.LucasGPhoto.com (external link)

soeren
Whoops Im not updated
672 posts
Joined Nov 2017

Apr 14, 2019 14:46 |  #38

Two Hot Shoes wrote in post #18845490 (external link)
I did a blind post before in a thread about sensor sizes, one shot was with the X-RPO2 and the other was with the XF100mp, almost everybody chose not to answer that question but were quick with offering their advice and experience in why you need a 'FF' sensor. I guess that's just the internet at times :rolleyes:

I'm all up for the big lenses for work but I'd never bring them out day to day, like you Lucal I love the small lenses, like the f/2s

He he like " this is shot with my Fuji,. Should I go full Frame? " ;-)a

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
3,304 posts
Joined Apr 2014
Post edited 6 months ago by Two Hot Shoes. (2 edits in all)

Apr 14, 2019 15:45 |  #39

As can almost every other raw developer out there, just Adobe seem to have a problem. If it bothers you that much that you just keep needing to mention it, download the Fuji sponsored version of Capture One, it fully functioning and free.

Also it's the system they have as a primary sytem. The 80mm, 8-16mm, 16-55, 50-140mm, 100-400 and the expensive 200 f/2 (which most here cannot afford as hobbyists or even pros) are perfect examples that Fuji cannot state it's main intent of keeping things small.

Kinda generalising there Alan. Many use a MF as a primary system.
All those lenses are made of metal, Fuji never stated that their main intent was to keep things small, more fake news Alan?

Their main intent is to offer very high quality uncompromised optics fit for the purpose they are designed for. Hence the small f/2 lenses & the comparatively bigger lenses like the ones you mention. Although I doubt you've ever used more than one of them outside of a shop as if you have you'd know where the balance is. The 8-16/2.8 for example had the weight towards the back so it simply is not heavy on the camera. No other zoom lens has a f/2.8 light gathering ability with 121˚angle of view. You'd also know just how good it is with its projection... For the price it's worth every penny to those who need that level of performance. Oh and if you think the 200/2 is expensive go out and buy one for your other cameras ( and remember to include a TC too as it's in the box with the Fuji). See how you get on.

Where did they state that Alan, that their aps-c system is 'good enough'? Also you think the GFX is clunky for a medium Format system? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You complain about having a small grip on your Fuji camera and then complain when you see one with a large grip, you do know it's about the same size as a 5D4 - right? Clunky MF, best one yet.

If I stick with Fuji as my 3rd system I will go out and buy the 8-16mm as it's best that Fuji has to offer. I happily paid a lot more for my Sony GMaster 16-35 f/2.8 as it meets my personal demands and focal range. Going that route was a win/win as that piece of glass and Sony sensor performance is absolutely incredible in virtually any light condition. Since I'm also a Sony shooter it's hard to buy the 8-16mm as the body/lens combo is heavier than my Sony FF A73 with UWA Gmaster f/2.8.

Again show me your Sony f/2.8 zoom with the 121˚ angel of view - oh wait you can't so I guess that's a bit unfair, and your sony combo is only 14 grams lighter, you know like two sachets of sugar lighter. But I guess that's a big thing when you judge how good something is by the stats...

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
7,448 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 14, 2019 23:32 |  #40

https://www.fujirumors​.com …l3MBVEPBPFSS_1b​eogJQfBQAw (external link)

Kim,

I just re read a Fuji's managers interview. I guess Fuji consider's their aps-c system as an every day /enjoy system. Not fake news but I guess when I read this a while ago I chuckled. The tone certainly does not sound like pro use but for casual hobbyists and street shooters. Read the "interview" as it's a translation of "Fuji's" vision.

"we want our customers to take their camera everyday and enjoy photography. This is the concept of our APS-C system
but Fujifilm knows that some customers want a system with a higher resolution and a larger sensor. For them, we have a system with a larger sensor than the full format and it’s the GFX"

If I use a Sony A73 with the 16-35mm f/2.8 it provides the exact same dof as our Fuji system with a single focal length f/2 prime. The 16-35mm f/2.8 is the sweet spot for many photogs for UWA and Semi wide 35mm. I'm not looking for a focal range of 12-24mm zoom. Put the Tamron Sony E mount 28-75mm f/2.8 it only weighs 550 grams (19.4 oz) and it has the same dof as a fuji f/2 prime.

This is simply an example of my uses. Everyone is different in how they acquire the shot and what they shoot.

When you purchase the fuji 200mm f/2 with TC please let me know :) I doubt many POTN folks run out to buy the 200mm f/2 as it's hard to justify the $$$ even for a full time portrait shooter in the top 5-10% top level league (well maybe due to highly profitable success). I can see more hobbyists with disposable income buying such wonderful high end gear. Most would be using if for sports/automotive racing/wildlife.

The 5dmk4 is large indeed. It's a different beast but it can take stills and sports with ease in almost any light environment. It's not intended for specific niche applications for high resolution files. That was never the intent for the 5dmk4. I'm holding my breath and would love to see the fuji system put quad processors in the GFX100 system as this would speed up the slow af. This would also make me consider one as long as it can provide small RAW files as I have no need for 100MP. It would be a wise decision for Fuji to produce a GFX50 mk2 which would match the X-t3 performance but with a MF sensor. This is what Fuji should do!!!!!!!!!!!!! The cheaper enticing price of the GFX Rangefinder never crossed my mind after testing the AF system. Too slow for me even if it creates amazing IQ for a smaller MF sensor.

This is where a 30MP to 40MP FF would be a sweet spot for Nikon/Canon FF mirrorless for usable pixels for many pro's or even hardcore enthusiasts. When people demand more MP they look elsewhere.

The Fuji aps-c is a potent tool. With an open mind, times are going to change when Canon/Nikon hammers the market with the latest R&D in FF mirrorless. Fuji hopefully has brainstorm sessions to build a XT3 performer in a MF system.

This is where tools are tools and must be selected for very specific reasons. I see many of your points. I also see that we adapt to the tools we have and own. Your loyalty and preference to Fuji is strong :) i get it...... I just find such great qualities in Canon and Sony at the moment too. These brands just make more tools to use in the art of photography.

Two Hot Shoes wrote in post #18845554 (external link)
As can almost every other raw developer out there, just Adobe seem to have a problem. If it bothers you that much that you just keep needing to mention it, download the Fuji sponsored version of Capture One, it fully functioning and free.

Kinda generalising there Alan. Many use a MF as a primary system.
All those lenses are made of metal, Fuji never stated that their main intent was to keep things small, more fake news Alan?

Their main intent is to offer very high quality uncompromised optics fit for the purpose they are designed for. Hence the small f/2 lenses & the comparatively bigger lenses like the ones you mention. Although I doubt you've ever used more than one of them outside of a shop as if you have you'd know where the balance is. The 8-16/2.8 for example had the weight towards the back so it simply is not heavy on the camera. No other zoom lens has a f/2.8 light gathering ability with 121˚angle of view. You'd also know just how good it is with its projection... For the price it's worth every penny to those who need that level of performance. Oh and if you think the 200/2 is expensive go out and buy one for your other cameras ( and remember to include a TC too as it's in the box with the Fuji). See how you get on.

Where did they state that Alan, that their aps-c system is 'good enough'? Also you think the GFX is clunky for a medium Format system? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You complain about having a small grip on your Fuji camera and then complain when you see one with a large grip, you do know it's about the same size as a 5D4 - right? Clunky MF, best one yet.

Again show me your Sony f/2.8 zoom with the 121˚ angel of view - oh wait you can't so I guess that's a bit unfair, and your sony combo is only 14 grams lighter, you know like two sachets of sugar lighter. But I guess that's a big thing when you judge how good something is by the stats...

Fuji - gone

soeren
Whoops Im not updated
672 posts
Joined Nov 2017
Post edited 6 months ago by soeren. (3 edits in all)

Apr 15, 2019 00:18 |  #41

So profesional photographers are not supposed to enjoy photography

"Can I have a Fuji?"

"No this is work, not for fun. Youre supposed to suffer, blood sweat and tears" vmad
:cry:

:rolleyes:

:p:lol:

cug
140 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Apr 15, 2019 01:42 |  #42

soeren wrote in post #18845425 (external link)
Slightl swirl in the zoom pics. A bit more contrast in the 90mm?

That's my impression as well. More on the swirl than on the contrast, which could be slightly different exposure. Both aren't that nice with this foreground. When I had both lenses, I generally preferred the 90, even though the 50-140 is much more flexible. I'm more likely to get the 90 again, but at this point, I'm holding out on Fuji. Not too happy with the current lineup.

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
3,304 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Apr 15, 2019 03:39 as a reply to  @ AlanU's post |  #43

I read that too, didn't see the bit were that manager says 'good enough' anywhere totally #fakenews on your part :-P

Take it from me they value all their customers, even the many pros who use their app-c line of cameras, they all use the cameras some for pay some for fun, Fuji don't mind what you use them for they just make them. Some small lenses some bigger lenses. Did you see the bit were he mentioned 31+ XF lenses how many are oversized to your mind Alan?

Still waiting to hear why you consider the GFX a clunky medium format system. Still laughing too, ah that made me chuckle. The GFX should have the 4core processor, it has 100% PDAF too - looking forward to hearing your thoughts after you buy one so.

Not talking about me purchasing the 200/2, I asked you why you think it was expensive & reminded you of the price of other 200/2 lenses out there. Well?

I do see your trend over the forums, posting negative 'thoughts' about your Fuji at any given opportunity then offering up how much better your 135mm cameras are, many of those 'thoughts', valid as they are as your opinion, are based on miss-information for the most part. Information that many on here have pointed out to you as incorrect & offered a solution with images to boot. Still entertaining to read in a strange way.

I use my Fuji cameras everyday, guess that makes me just a

I like the bit were they say they want to offer different options to different photographers & directly after is say 'It’s our concept' Guess you skipped over that one eh?

And then there is the: 'we believe that the combination of medium format and APS-C is the best option' (talking about their customers needs, note not amateur or professional mentioned anywhere...). They do mention having a more tough body in the X-H1 for those pros who might need it. Choice.

I still remember the feeling of joy when I stuck an old Zeiss lens on the first X camera I owned, an X-E1, they images were outstanding. I still have that feeling when I shoot today with them & that is a big part for me, the joy of using is great. No system is going to be perfect that's for sure but on balance Fuji knocked it out of the park for my use, & I say that as a working pro. Might have easily stuck it out with the old turtle slow brand(canon) or perhaps moved over to the movie studio brand(sony) but I got given a taste by a pro photographer friend (big time music and fashion dude, [X100f, X-T3 & GFX BTW]) and that set the path for me. Haven't needed to look back since, but that's my experience you obviously have different needs, that are special to you. Hope you find your path too.

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
3,304 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Apr 15, 2019 05:33 |  #44

cug wrote in post #18845785 (external link)
That's my impression as well. More on the swirl than on the contrast, which could be slightly different exposure. Both aren't that nice with this foreground. When I had both lenses, I generally preferred the 90, even though the 50-140 is much more flexible. I'm more likely to get the 90 again, but at this point, I'm holding out on Fuji. Not too happy with the current lineup.

After reading up on that issue, it was that kind of texture that most matched what people said would cause it, handy as I already shot it & is out the back of my house. Interesting that most people say the 90/2 has great bokeh and the 50-140 does not, they look very similar to me here. And I doubt I be able to tell the difference without knowing the lens used.
I'll pop another shot with the OIS turned off to see if it's any different. It's being a usual Irish day today [raining] so will have to wait till later in the week now. I'll also bring along the 56/1.2.

soeren
Whoops Im not updated
672 posts
Joined Nov 2017

Apr 15, 2019 05:43 |  #45

Two Hot Shoes wrote in post #18845848 (external link)
After reading up on that issue, it was that kind of texture that most matched what people said would cause it, handy as I already shot it & is out the back of my house. Interesting that most people say the 90/2 has great bokeh and the 50-140 does not, they look very similar to me here. And I doubt I be able to tell the difference without knowing the lens used.
I'll pop another shot with the OIS turned off to see if it's any different. It's being a usual Irish day today [raining] so will have to wait till later in the week now. I'll also bring along the 56/1.2.

Im definitely going to test my OIS theory on the 80mm soon.

sponsored links

6,240 views & 86 likes for this thread
I just switched to Fuji
FORUMS General Gear Talk Changing Camera Brands 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.