Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 29 May 2019 (Wednesday) 13:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 7D line to end

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
50,134 posts
Gallery: 161 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Post edited 6 months ago by CyberDyneSystems. (5 edits in all)

May 31, 2019 19:46 |  #16

I'm open to education here, but thus far all I have seen was on "Canon Rumors" and "peta-CanonRumorsWannabe-pixel" which quoted Canon Rumors iirc.
The fact that Canon Rumors' "we are hearing blah blah blah .." quote has been picked up by about 5 other sites IMHO only shows what's wrong with the internet vs. fact, not that this is anything other than a rumor yet.

I will admit I do take a harder line on rumor vs. fact than most people, I think due to being in a family of journalists,. the real kind.

“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,948 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2009

May 31, 2019 20:10 |  #17

Canon Rumors is like a box of chocolates, however it has been accurate in the past. Not always, but it has been. We don't know but there is no doubt the DSLR is on it's way out, be it this round or the next. I have my doubts about a traditional 7D3 but I hope I'm wrong.

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,203 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

May 31, 2019 22:22 |  #18

Canon hasn't announced the end of anything from what I can tell. The rumor mill, well, is milling. But we know sales are way down and Canon did say they would have to re evaluate things.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
50,134 posts
Gallery: 161 photos
Joined Apr 2003

May 31, 2019 23:09 |  #19

digital paradise wrote in post #18870583 (external link)
Canon Rumors is like a box of chocolates, however it has been accurate in the past. .....

And I think it's a VERY safe bet that there will in fact not be a 7D3 DSLR,. a lot of what CR does is simply read the tea leaves like any of us could and then make a story about how they heard this from that person... sometimes they read the tea leaves right, but we can just look into this very subforum of POTN and read any ten rumors and see how many were totally off base. And sometimes they get it right... like a broken clock.

..but that does not change the FACT that we are discussing conjecture here.

“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,948 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2007
Post edited 6 months ago by umphotography.

Jun 01, 2019 08:38 |  #20

Croasdail wrote in post #18870358 (external link)
But who is going to want an "evolutionary" 1Dx3? Whats it going to do. Push high ISO even further? How much higher does it need to go? I don't hear anyone saying if only the 1Dx2 could shoot in darker venues. Your not going to get that mirror to flip up and down much faster.... its been in that range now for over 20 years. The whole mechanic is starting to be an issue. Even Sony is hitting some physics limitations (for the cost). And with full sensor read capability coming.... plus your getting into the world of video capture, and with 8k video coming. I'm just not sure what they can that is evolutionary that would interest me.

The whole thing is a mess. I do believe a 90D is coming, and I think it will be a merger of the 80D with the 7D. And it will probably be the best value APS-C camera out there. For those holding on to their mirrors, I think it will be a good camera. Higher ISO. Better focus. Better video capture. There is still room for evolutionary growth there in Canon's APS-C camera line.

I just don't see a $6,000 evolutionary camera body being that interesting coming from Canon. It's got to be able to beat the A9... at a competitive price point.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Spot on. Completely agree.

Canon better come up with an A9 answer or these R mount lens are going to sit on a shelf. If all they have is glass and sub par bodies ( as compared to the competition) canon will continue to loose clients to Sony.

With the price of these R mount lens.....and Sony having the better body ( A9 and A7iii).....It might be better to go all Sony and use Sony Native glass......at this point....you get a far superior body and now the good Sony glass is cheaper than the R mount lens.....you need to really think things through now.......canon is being really STUPID and continues to make excuses about I phones killing sales and the DSLR markets......Its an excuse for not keeping up with Sony technology

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,048 views & 5 likes for this thread
Canon 7D line to end
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.