Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Lens Reviews 
Thread started 19 Sep 2020 (Saturday) 22:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)
TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND vision35 (showing now: vision35)
Overall Rating10
Overall Image Quality10
Value for Money10
Bokeh10
Sharpness10
Contrast10
Focusing10
Must Have10
Suitability to Intended Use10
Got What I Expected10
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for sample photos and more info.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2

Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2, reviewed by vision35

vision35
605 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Nov 2007
Post edited over 1 year ago by vision35. (9 edits in all)

Sep 19, 2020 22:07 |  #1

Tamron 150-600mm lens is my lens choice.
This is not a technical this lens vs that brand review. This is just my non professional short 1 month of current ownership it review.
I had used my bad back and hip arthritis as a convenient excuse to sit around at the computer and watch tv.
After purchasing this lens I discovered that I fully enjoy using this lens for 1 1/2 -3 hours, what a pleasant surprise.
My photography skills are pretty rusty and I'm re learning what I had partially learned before in my 35mm days with less practice.
The first time out with this lens my camera settings were much less than optimal. Both my camera and lens have been tolerant and forgiving of me using less than optimal settings.
I've began to re-read the Canon 6D Mark II camera manual and watch videos and changed a few settings here and there when needed. Now my photos are gradually improving with practice.
As the photos improve in appearance my desire to use my lens collection increases as well.
I practice holding and steadying the camera and lens, composition the whole works. I tried the lens features as well.
I have had the lens about 1 month so far. I never owned a large Tamron 150-600mm G2 tele photo lens before.
I purchased a peak design slide camera strap and a camdapter plate. With the adapter plate secured to the lens collar tripod mount I discovered that carrying and holding this new lens camera body combination is easier than I had expected.
I'm very impressed that photos can be taken hand held using this lens.
More thoughts about the lens. The zoom action is smooth and doesn't creep. Manual focus is smooth. I haven't needed to lock the zoom yet. The AF is fast enough in my opinion for a large lens.
I didn't notice any heavy battery drain using this lens. The Vibration Compensation works very well.
I have not used a tripod with it yet. The lens hood is secure and never falls off and can be reversed.
The lens switches are high quality with nice clicks.
The minimum focusing distance is very nice as well. Just get out and practice, get to know the camera and lens combination.
I purchased mine on sale $200 off then purchased a $100 filter and the tap in console with the savings. The longer warranty is nice too.
The tripod-collar and mount is made of magnesium and I don't know much about that.
An extra soft microfiber cloth is working fine to remove dust particles before detaching the lens from the camera body.
Its pretty amazing to hand hold this lens and be able to take photos.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

775 views & 3 likes for this thread
Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2, reviewed by vision35
FORUMS Gear Reviews Lens Reviews 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.