Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Lens Reviews 
Thread started 06 Nov 2020 (Friday) 19:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)
TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND vision35 (showing now: vision35)
Overall Rating10
Overall Image Quality10
Value for Money10
Bokeh10
Sharpness10
Contrast10
Focusing10
Must Have10
Suitability to Intended Use10
Got What I Expected10
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for sample photos and more info.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Tamron SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD

Tamron SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD, reviewed by vision35

vision35
660 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Nov 2007
Post edited 4 months ago by vision35. (7 edits in all)

Nov 06, 2020 19:19 |  #1

My "November 2020" Tamron 45mm F,1.8 lens was $200 off its retail price.
The camera store received it one week prior to my purchasing it.
It performs great fresh out of the box. No firmware updates were needed.
Old reviews had comments such as "slow" focus speed of the lens.
The individual Tamron 45mm lens I purchased in November 2020 is focusing fast and accurately enough for my needs.
The AF motor is very quiet and locks focus just fine.
The Tamron build quality and lens technology is excellent and it should last awhile.
It feels great in the hands and mounts securely and smoothly onto the camera body.
I looked at several name brand and third party 50mm AF lenses and thoroughly read the customer reviews both good and bad.
A $949.00 50mm F1.4 lens is way too expensive for me. Complaints about customer service. No deal!
Another 50mm F1.4 lens costing $399.99 had a few complaints about the lens durability. Even watched a tube gear repair video. No deal!
Note.
The Tamron 45mm lens with the filter fits perfectly inside a Lowe Pro 9x13 CM The lens slides right into the lens case with no force.
The lens case zips closed with no force applied to the ends of the lens.
I put my lens in the lens case so switch goes toward the back corner where there is a little extra space.
To reduce potential lens or switch damage.
I do not store my lenses inside lens bags with the lens hoods attached, loose or reversed and locked on.
When the weather warms up I'll take more photos and update my review.
Update: 05-12-2022
This lens works fine with my Canon R5 after the lens is updated using the Tap-in console.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

694 views & 0 likes for this thread
Tamron SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD, reviewed by vision35
FORUMS Gear Reviews Lens Reviews 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.