Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 08 May 2006 (Monday) 18:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Where's Nifty?! #2

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
9,717 posts
Gallery: 914 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015

Oct 18, 2016 20:55 |  #11341

More shots. One shows the dance floor which was important because I was supposed to paint the first dance.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
500px (external link)
Etsy Store (external link)

sponsored links
itsallart
Cream of the Crop
9,717 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Oct 18, 2016 23:06 |  #11342

My painting station

HOSTED PHOTO

Renata
500px (external link)

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
18,389 posts
Gallery: 318 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Oct 19, 2016 05:13 |  #11343

Well, look at you, your own station! Looks nice.
And that looks like a really nice place for a wedding. All modern and clean. Pretty cool.

Levina (not Lavina, Lavinia, Levinia, Ludwina and what not, mkay?)
My flickr (external link)

AnnieMacD
Oops, me again
3,728 posts
Gallery: 668 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Oct 19, 2016 08:06 |  #11344

Wow, Renata, that's quite impressive. Will you be in a position to show us the painting when it's finished? Is it nerve-wracking to paint live with all the guests milling around? Never heard of such a thing, so please tell more. As Levina says, a beautiful setting.

flickr (external link)

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
9,717 posts
Joined Jan 2015
Post edited over 3 years ago by itsallart.

Oct 19, 2016 09:15 |  #11345

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #18160900 (external link)
Well, look at you, your own station! Looks nice.
And that looks like a really nice place for a wedding. All modern and clean. Pretty cool.

Thank you, Levina. I always bring my little station which includes a table with black cover, easel, lamp, tablet, floor covering etc. The museum people brought some cardboard to cover the floor and wall because they didn't belive me that oils don't drip. They didn't accept my own black floor covering.
It was a beautiful place, indeed but extremely acoustic and noisy; too many hard surfaces.

AnnieMacD wrote in post #18160995 (external link)
Wow, Renata, that's quite impressive. Will you be in a position to show us the painting when it's finished? Is it nerve-wracking to paint live with all the guests milling around? Never heard of such a thing, so please tell more. As Levina says, a beautiful setting.

Thank you, Annie.
10 years ago when I started the concept I was perhaps a little nervous but not any more. The concept of live event painting is becoming more popular here and I am the only artist in the DFW (Dallas-Fort Worth) area who does it. It's fun and lucrative.
Here is the finished painting. Oil on Belgian linen 24x36" (60x90cm) painted exactly to the couple's specifications. Very loosely painted. The couple loves it.

HOSTED PHOTO

Renata
500px (external link)

AnnieMacD
Oops, me again
3,728 posts
Gallery: 668 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Oct 19, 2016 15:33 |  #11346

itsallart wrote in post #18161036 (external link)
Thank you, Levina. I always bring my little station which includes a table with black cover, easel, lamp, tablet, floor covering etc. The museum people brought some cardboard to cover the floor and wall because they didn't belive me that oils don't drip. They didn't accept my own black floor covering.
It was a beautiful place, indeed but extremely acoustic and noisy; too many hard surfaces.

Thank you, Annie.
10 years ago when I started the concept I was perhaps a little nervous but not any more. The concept of live event painting is becoming more popular here and I am the only artist in the DFW (Dallas-Fort Worth) area who does it. It's fun and lucrative.
Here is the finished painting. Oil on Belgian linen 24x36" (60x90cm) painted exactly to the couple's specifications. Very loosely painted. The couple loves it.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by itsallart in
./showthread.php?p=181​61036&i=i37945549
forum: Member Activities

Wow, Renata, that's fantastic. How long does it take you to paint it? Sorry for the questions but I haven't quite got my head round it yet!

flickr (external link)

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
9,717 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Oct 19, 2016 16:25 as a reply to  @ AnnieMacD's post |  #11347

Annie, thank you for your kind words.
It takes me 3-4 hours to do most of the work on site and by that time the paint is so wet that I can't do anything else. The colors would become muddy if i did. I take it it home and 2-3 days later I add some final touches and that's it.
I get food and wine, people come over to talk...it's just fun.

Renata
500px (external link)

photorider
620 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Oct 19, 2016 19:21 |  #11348

That is awesome Renata. I love the concept and can see how it would add to an event. The couple should be happy as that is a wonderful and unique piece to add to their memory of the day.

Trever Canon 7D, 24-70 F2.8L ii, Sigma 10-20 1:4-5.6 DC HSM, and a bunch of other little stuff to make light sorta work. Deviant (external link)

Lupo-Lobo
Goldmember
1,103 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Nov 2013

Oct 19, 2016 23:54 |  #11349

itsallart wrote in post #18161036 (external link)

Thank you, Annie.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by itsallart in
./showthread.php?p=181​61036&i=i37945549
forum: Member Activities

Wow - the couple should be thrilled. It is amazing, Renata, that you capture a fleeting moment using such a slow medium.

thank you for sharing.

Lupo

Lupo

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
9,717 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Oct 20, 2016 00:30 |  #11350

photorider wrote in post #18161537 (external link)
That is awesome Renata. I love the concept and can see how it would add to an event. The couple should be happy as that is a wonderful and unique piece to add to their memory of the day.

Thank you, Trever.

Lupo-Lobo wrote in post #18161709 (external link)
Wow - the couple should be thrilled. It is amazing, Renata, that you capture a fleeting moment using such a slow medium.

thank you for sharing.

Lupo

Thank you Lupo.
Here is a video of the ceremony and somewhere is a short section with me https://vimeo.com/1870​93711 (external link) at 3:20 minutes

Renata
500px (external link)

Lupo-Lobo
Goldmember
1,103 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Nov 2013

Oct 20, 2016 00:41 as a reply to  @ itsallart's post |  #11351

Thanks for sharing Renata - quite impressive to me. Good to see you rolling on. You are an inspiration.

Lupo

hawaiiboy
Goldmember
1,909 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 20, 2016 01:18 |  #11352

That is so fantastic Renata......I agree with the other folks, what a great memory for the couple.

https://www.flickr.com​/gp/hawaiiboy/6V74P7 (external link)
https://www.instagram.​com/hawaiiboy59/ (external link)
Kevin

kbColorado
Goldmember
1,259 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Oct 20, 2016 12:46 |  #11353

Love it, Renata!

Paul
deep greens and blues are the colors I choose ...

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
9,717 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Oct 20, 2016 19:26 |  #11354

Lupo-Lobo wrote in post #18161732 (external link)
Thanks for sharing Renata - quite impressive to me. Good to see you rolling on. You are an inspiration.

Thank you Lupo. Don't know about being an inspiration but I just have no other choice.

hawaiiboy wrote in post #18161748 (external link)
That is so fantastic Renata......I agree with the other folks, what a great memory for the couple.

Thank you Kevin.

kbColorado wrote in post #18162164 (external link)
Love it, Renata!

Thank you, Paul.

Renata
500px (external link)

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
9,717 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Oct 20, 2016 19:37 |  #11355

US Nifty again having made 2 trips to Fort Worth. One for the live wedding painting and a separate one with my family from overseas, just to unwind and show them this part of the world.
When I went to Fort Worth for the wedding, I only visited the museum of modern art...just another job.
Then my husband's family from Australia flew over and I had to be their tour guide. Upon a consultation with them, it was decided that we should go to Fort Worth to see some real wild West stuff. I went ahead being the photographer, tour guide, cook, soul mender and all.
We started at the heart of Fort Worth...the Sundance Square (external link). The images are in no particular order and I am still in no position of writing extensive descriptions and stories about what we saw. My apologies.
Just some high-rise buildings on our way to the square

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Renata
500px (external link)

sponsored links

2,185,273 views & 5,851 likes for this thread
Where's Nifty?! #2
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.