Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 14 May 2006 (Sunday) 18:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Help in PSCS2

Keiffer
Goldmember
2,259 posts
Joined May 2005

May 14, 2006 18:10 |  #1

Ok guys I need help in Layers, I believe thats what it's called.
OK I've seen it here before and did search but can't find it.
I want to take several shots of a person in different positions and than add this person(several times) into the one shot. So it looks like clones. Can you please explain in laymans terms. I just don't know how to get the two or more separate layers into one.

http://kcschoeppler.fo​topic.net (external link)

sponsored links
Mike_B
262 posts
Joined Jan 2006

May 14, 2006 19:28 |  #2

Copy the selection/image (Ctrl A, Ctrl C, then Ctrl V) and then make the file active that you want the additional image to go into and then paste. If that isn't clear enough then when I get home from work tonight I could add additional information if needed.

Good luck.

Mike

30D, 300D, BG-E2, Canon MP-E 65 macro, Canon 18-55, Canon 100 -300, Sigma 24 - 70, Sigma 105 macro, Sigma 50 - 500, Speedlite 580EX, Macro Twin lite MT - 24EX. Canon i9950 with CIS. Lots of other stuff

Keiffer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,259 posts
Joined May 2005

May 14, 2006 20:15 |  #3

Does that make it a layer? Than do I use the eraser to bring out the clone? Sorry about being lost, I used to do this all the time Paintshop pro 9. There was a thread where everyone was doing the cloning thing a couple of months ago, I printed it and ofcourse I lost it LOL

Mike_B
262 posts
Joined Jan 2006

May 14, 2006 20:25 |  #4

Yes it will make a new layer and that new layer will sit on the top of the stack. If you open up the layers tab you should see it there. Don't forget to select the layer you want to erase. However it won't be a clone it will still be a layer with pixels missing after you have erased some of it.

I'm also assuming that you are using Photoshop with the above instructions.

Hope that makes things clearer.

Mike

30D, 300D, BG-E2, Canon MP-E 65 macro, Canon 18-55, Canon 100 -300, Sigma 24 - 70, Sigma 105 macro, Sigma 50 - 500, Speedlite 580EX, Macro Twin lite MT - 24EX. Canon i9950 with CIS. Lots of other stuff

Zepher
Goldmember
1,626 posts
Joined Nov 2005

May 14, 2006 20:49 |  #5

something like this?

IMAGE: http://www.transamws6.com/pics/hrfbody/019.jpg

Manny Desantos
Intel C2Q Q6600 3.06Ghz, 8GB Ram, 8.1TB, XFX HD5850, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, PS CS4 EXT (external link)

Canon 40D, EF 28-70L, 2x Canon XH-A1 HDV, Canon HV30 HDV
❶_______________

Keiffer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,259 posts
Joined May 2005

May 14, 2006 21:08 |  #6

Thanks Mike that worked.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Keiffer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,259 posts
Joined May 2005

May 14, 2006 21:10 |  #7

LOL yeah Zepher how did you do yours? same way?

Zepher
Goldmember
1,626 posts
Joined Nov 2005

May 14, 2006 21:39 as a reply to  @ Keiffer's post |  #8

Keiffer wrote:
LOL yeah Zepher how did you do yours? same way?

Yep, loaded the 3 images and just erased the background on the 2 top layers.

Manny Desantos
Intel C2Q Q6600 3.06Ghz, 8GB Ram, 8.1TB, XFX HD5850, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, PS CS4 EXT (external link)

Canon 40D, EF 28-70L, 2x Canon XH-A1 HDV, Canon HV30 HDV
❶_______________

Mike_B
262 posts
Joined Jan 2006

May 15, 2006 04:32 |  #9

I liked the outcomes and everybody looks as though they are having a good time. In relation to editing the images it is much easier to learn to use the pen tool either to make a selection and then to copy and paste or as a mask within the layer set.

Glad it all worked out.

Cheers

Mike

DavidW
Goldmember
3,165 posts
Joined Jul 2005

May 15, 2006 05:15 |  #10

Layer masks can be very useful for this sort of work, as they're non-destructive. If you make a mistake, you simply edit the layer mask.

If you run Windows, it's worth considering GrowCut to do the cutting out. See this thread, and note that if you're using Photoshop, you should install GrowCut not GrowCut Mask.

If you're working in 16 bit mode, Image -> Duplicate, convert to 8 bit, run GrowCut, save the result as an alpha channel (using the buttons in the bottom of the Channels palette). Shift and drag the channel into the 16 bit image.

I'd keep the original alpha channel intact. To cut out an object, you probably want to apply a 1 or 2px feather before Layer -> Layer Mask -> Reveal Selection.

David

sponsored links

1,721 views & 0 likes for this thread
Help in PSCS2
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.