Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 15 Jun 2006 (Thursday) 09:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adobe PS CS not seeing RAW Files...Help

DanaS
24 posts
Joined May 2006

Jun 15, 2006 09:28 |  #1

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I rescently joined about a week ago and have enjoyed browsing all the different forums available.

Here's the problem: I have the Canon D1 Mk II as well as the Canon D20. When using PS it can see and work with the RAW files from the D20 but says that "Could not complete your request because it's not the right kind of document" when attempting to open the RAW files from the D1. :confused:

I have updated the RAW plugin and still nothing.

I do notice that the camera's name the files differently, would this affect PS's ability to open them?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Dana

Dana S
1D MarkII N, 7D, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS, 24-105mm f/4L IS, 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro, Gitzo Tripod, Manfrotto Monopod, couple ball-heads, etc... Image editing okay.

DavidW
Goldmember
3,165 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Jun 15, 2006 11:03 |  #2

The 20D should be supported in Adobe Camera Raw 2.4 (the latest and last version for Photoshop CS), but I have a feeling that the 1D Mark II may be too recent to be supported. If it's a 1D Mark IIN, it's certainly too recent to be supported in ACR 2.4.

If 20D files are working, and you've updated to Camera Raw 2.4, you'll need to convert the 1D Mark II files to DNG first. Download Camera Raw 3.4 and DNG Converter, which will be listed under Photoshop CS2. Ignore Camera Raw 3.4 - it doesn't work with Photoshop CS. Run your 1D Mark II files through DNG Converter, then open the DNG files in Photoshop CS - does that work?

David

DanaS
THREAD ­ STARTER
24 posts
Joined May 2006

Jun 18, 2006 09:58 as a reply to  @ DavidW's post |  #3

Thanks David,

It was a compatibility issue and ultimately I just upgraded to the CS2, works like a charm now.

Dana

Dana S
1D MarkII N, 7D, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS, 24-105mm f/4L IS, 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro, Gitzo Tripod, Manfrotto Monopod, couple ball-heads, etc... Image editing okay.

TTk
Goldmember
2,518 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 23, 2007 03:42 |  #4

Don,t forget to down load Codec 1.2 from Canon this might help as well..

Terry.:cool:
http://www.terrykirton.co/ (external link)
http://www.ttkphotogra​phy.com/ (external link)
http://www.langtoftpho​tography.com/ (external link)

(external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,139 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adobe PS CS not seeing RAW Files...Help
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.