Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 14 Jul 2006 (Friday) 17:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Poorer due to this site

David ­ S
559 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jul 14, 2006 17:19 |  #1

Dropped in to say hi as this is my first post. Just officially joined this site but been lurking for couple of months which recently caused me to go out and purchase a new 30D, 24-70L, and 70-200L F4. I finally found a hobby that is expensive as modifying my car. Ouch!!!

Leica M | Sony a7R | Fujfilm X-Pro 1
flickrexternal link

sponsored links
jestergx4
358 posts
Joined May 2006

Jul 14, 2006 17:22 |  #2

David S wrote:
Dropped in to say hi as this is my first post. Just officially joined this site but been lurking for couple of months which recently caused me to go out and purchase a new 30D, 24-70L, and 70-200L F4. I finally found a hobby that is expensive as modifying my car. Ouch!!!

Welcome to POTN!! I know what you mean. Since I've recently joined, I too dropped some major $$$$ to satisfy my sickness:D .

I am currently suffering from two illnesses: 1) buying too much toys too fast 2) I caught the L fever ;)

Grumps ­ Photo
Suffering Keyboard in Mouth desease
2,012 posts
Joined Oct 2004

Jul 14, 2006 17:23 |  #3

Welcome to the forum, and the no money club:lol:

We will provide all the incentive you need to spend everything you got and still want more.

While poorer financially, you will be much richer knowledge, and friendship, wise.

looking forward to some posts with this equipment.

Welcome again.

Grumps
(aka Jim or JAZZ D.P.G.)
1DsMKIII, 1DMKIII, T6s, D60, L's, DO, USM, other lens, flashes, studio gear (but no studio!) Olympus TG3
grumpsphoto.com

whiteflyer
Goldmember
1,810 posts
Gallery: 273 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 14, 2006 17:24 as a reply to  @ jestergx4's post |  #4

Welcome to POTN

I too am a new member, and yes this is the most expensive forum on the internet :lol:

Gear List

Big ­ WIll
"Slight breach of etiquette"
2,363 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Jul 14, 2006 17:27 |  #5

Welcome and Goodbye to those savings!

Your starting with L aswell! That offically means no turning back! lol

Good luck and post some images!

Computers blur the boundaries... We are being released from the suddenness of photography, the suddenness of the shutterhttp://www.photography​-on-the.net …p?p=1606920&pos​tcount=132

Madweasel
Cream of the Crop
6,224 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 14, 2006 17:29 |  #6

David S wrote:

Welcome aboard!
I did almost exactly the same thing just two months ago, except I chose the 17-40 for the wide end. I've already taken over 2000 shots with it and I love it! So versatile and responsive. I must get around to posting one or two on here!

Mark.

David ­ S
THREAD ­ STARTER
559 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jul 14, 2006 17:30 as a reply to  @ whiteflyer's post |  #7

Thanks for the welcome. Tracking indicates the camera and 24-70 are delivered, but I am stuck here at work. Fortunatley, I will have it for my mother's 60th birthday tomorrow. I can't wait.

The forum is a close second to the most expensive. I moderate at a car forum and the money spent on modifications is ridiculous.

Leica M | Sony a7R | Fujfilm X-Pro 1
flickrexternal link

Tommy
I have a Peepster.
2,262 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jul 14, 2006 17:31 |  #8

Welcome to the My Wallet Is Empty Forum!!! Errr.... I mean POTN!! :D

Don't forget to lurk on over to this thread and post your new purchase (and see why everyone else is broke also)!
Clicky

- Tom

Tommy

johnny0
71 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jul 14, 2006 17:57 as a reply to  @ Tommy's post |  #9

Welcome to-SWEETHEART I did-not think it cost that much, but it sure is a lot of fun---Enjoy

D30-rebel XT wgrip an some glass:eek:

bikers1
104 posts
Joined May 2005

Jul 14, 2006 18:50 as a reply to  @ Tommy's post |  #10

TomC723 wrote:
Welcome to the My Wallet Is Empty Forum!!! Errr.... I mean POTN!! :D

yup, s''what heppened to me when shortly after I got here :rolleyes: :)

ccp900
Goldmember
1,569 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 14, 2006 20:22 |  #11

thats why i opted tobuy the tamron 28-75.....but my wallet is still empty.....

[Sony A7R Mark 3 | Sony A7S | Sony Zeiss 16-35m f/4.0 | Sony FE 85m f1.8 | Sony FE 20m f1.8 G | Samyang 18m f2.8 | Samyang 45m f1.8 | Zeiss Batis 40m f2 | Sony FE 28m f2 | Sony Zeiss 55m f1.8 | Sony FE 28-70m f/3.5-5.6 | Helios 44-2 | Helios 44-3 | Nikon 105m f/2.5 AIS | Contax Zeiss Planar 50m f1.7 | Contax Zeiss Planar 100m f2 | Voigtlander Nokton 40m f/1.4 | Canon 24-105m f/4.0L | Canon 85m f/1.8 | Sigma 30m f/1.4 | Canon 10-22m f/3.5-4.5 | Canon 100m f/2.8 Macro USM | Canon 580 EX Ver 1.0]

the.good.life
161 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jul 14, 2006 21:16 |  #12

Welcome to the Forum.

Same goes here (no money, no honey) but I don't regret it. Just got me to be more serious in photography and enjoy every bit of it.

TGL
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/dt-photography/ (external link)
Bodies: 50/BP-50, 20D/BG-E2 ... Lenses: bunch of Canons ... Flashes: 380EX, 580EX ...Remotes: RC1, RC-60E3,TC-80N3 ...

Dowie
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jul 14, 2006 21:26 as a reply to  @ the.good.life's post |  #13

I guess I'm not poor enough yet. I have the 30D and bought the 28-135 EF IS USM Macro and the 70-300 EF IS USM lenses. My purse tells me not to ask, but what is the difference between these and the L series lenses? What is the benefit of L over mine?

Dowie

Art is making the ordinary extraordinary. -- Me:)

SimonG
Goldmember
1,007 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jul 15, 2006 00:38 as a reply to  @ jestergx4's post |  #14

jestergx4 wrote:
... I am currently suffering from two illnesses: 1) buying too much toys too fast 2) I caught the L fever ;)

If the first is truly a sickness, where can I catch it? ;)

-- Michael (a.k.a. SimonG)
EOS 5D | 17-40 f/4L | 24-105 f/4L | 40 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f/1.4 | 430EX | Zenfolio (external link)

Woolburr
Mr. PMS Himself
66,487 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005
Location: The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!

Jul 15, 2006 01:52 as a reply to  @ SimonG's post |  #15

SimonG wrote:
If the first is truly a sickness, where can I catch it? ;)

Stick around here for a few days....you will soon be infected.

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book, (external link) Refrigerator Art (external link) and What I Really Think About (external link)

sponsored links

3,657 views & 0 likes for this thread
Poorer due to this site
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.