Challenge #76 - Abandoned
I want to thank everyone who participated. It wasn't easy to choose winners for this challenge because there were so many fine entries.
#1 - 3Dart, "A lousy place to park"
#2 - teekay, "...just appeared overnight in my field, like one of them crop circles"
#3 - marie, "home alone"
Reasons I chose the winners:
3Dart - I love the depth of field you've chosen on this picture. The foreground looks soft -- reminds me of cotton candy -- but the car is nicely sharp. The emptiness of the field makes me question how the car came to be there in that condition -- was it dumped, or was it still driveable when it came there?
teekay - The story grabs me here. I love the color of the sky, but my eye keeps being drawn back to the house. What is the story? The house looks so unfinished. Your title is very apt, because it really looks like the house dropped out of the sky.
marie - This picture struck me because it was so far from my line of thought in the challenge. Thank you for challenging me to look beyond property to the people we often abandon in our society today. The picture is wonderfully composed, and the colors are striking.
Again, I want to thank everyone who participated.
Every day we pass them -- forgotten fragments of our lives. From empty buildings to burnt-out automobiles, let me see the places or things no one wants anymore. I'm especially looking for pictures that convey a mood or imply that there's a story to be told.
To submit, click "Post Reply" and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, July 24, 2006.
1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera (G1,G2,G3,G5,G6) or Pro 1 only.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be EXACTLY 640 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
* One photo per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Title in the message subject line.
* Camera model.
* EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
- Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.