Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 20 Jul 2006 (Thursday) 07:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Before and after

Keiffer
Goldmember
2,259 posts
Joined May 2005

Jul 20, 2006 07:12 |  #1

Hey guys, Just messing around in photoshop trying to get a nice pic out of what I had. What do you think? Please give honest critiques, I need this in order to better myself.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

http://kcschoeppler.fo​topic.net (external link)

sponsored links
SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,093 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Jul 20, 2006 07:23 |  #2

I like it. Got rid of the hand and the focus from the background to the subject. I would give her face just a little more color, if that suits you. Otherwise, good choices.

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, SONY a7iii, 7D2, G12, M100, M50, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

PAFC2004
Goldmember
1,084 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jul 20, 2006 07:27 |  #3

A little bit over processed for my tastes, but blurring the background and removing the hand definately improve the picture.

Canon 5D MKii |Canon 350D | EF 17-40L | EF 70-200 2.8L | 580EX II | 430EX | EF 1.4x T/C II | EF 50 1.8II | Q6600 + 8800 Ultra

Keiffer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,259 posts
Joined May 2005

Jul 20, 2006 16:23 |  #4

Thanks guys, Suzy actually I felt the same way and did just that, I added more color to her face and Pacf, I was purposely trying to over process it, I was practicing the Mizuno airbrush tutorial. Also I was trying to make her look thiner, I've had a few request for that lately, Go figure lol. Heres another of the same shot just with a glow effect added.

HOSTED PHOTO

MagicallyDelicious
Goldmember
4,083 posts
Joined May 2006

Jul 20, 2006 16:36 |  #5

i like the edited version :)

looks all dreamy :)

every mistake is a lesson learned

My Website (external link) Myspace (external link)
Canon 300D 18-55 Kit, Canon 35-80, Canon 50mm 1.8, Sigma 500 DG Super,
Bits n Bobs
RAW FOR DUMMIES

Your Mind Is Like A Parachute.....Only Works When Open.

Keiffer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,259 posts
Joined May 2005

Jul 21, 2006 08:25 |  #6

Thanks Magic, The more I look at the glow one, I think it looks to bright in the face. Or is that ok?

Rachellebee27
Goldmember
1,271 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jul 21, 2006 08:30 |  #7

I don't like how her back dissapears at a weird angle, it just doesn't look right. Clone in some from her arm tweeked at about a 20 degree angle and you'll be good to go.

Kaylene

dkenney
752 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jul 21, 2006 09:25 |  #8

I think you did a great job thinning her. Here are my only thoughts... I would darken some of the more drastic highlights on her face to give a more real than plastic look. This will also add to the thinning. And after removing the hand, her back doesn't really look real, I guess because no back is there. I like the glamor effect and the blurring of the background. One more thing, I would try to whiten her teeth just a touch, nothing drastic.

Canon 5D Mii, 30D, 20D * Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM * Canon EF 28-70mm f/2.8 L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM * Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM * EF 50mm 1.8 II * Lensbaby 2
a couple of Canon Speedlite 420EXs * couple of Gary Fongs

geofftelforduk
317 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Jul 21, 2006 09:50 |  #9

Doesnt do anything for me I'm afraid! You seem to have removed part of her back while removing the hand!!

---------------
Canon 5D MKII + grip | Canon 5D MKI + grip | Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f4L | Canon 70-200mm f4L IS | Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Canon 580EX Speedlite | Canon Remote Switch | Manfrotto 055PROB Tripod & Head

dkenney
752 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jul 21, 2006 09:52 |  #10

If you crop this photo with an 8x10 ratio keeping all the top, it removes the back issue and creates a more flattering figure.

Canon 5D Mii, 30D, 20D * Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM * Canon EF 28-70mm f/2.8 L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM * Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM * EF 50mm 1.8 II * Lensbaby 2
a couple of Canon Speedlite 420EXs * couple of Gary Fongs

98photo
Goldmember
1,419 posts
Joined May 2006

Jul 21, 2006 09:55 |  #11

I also don't like how the back dissapears at an odd angle. It just isn't right for her face type to have that skinny of a torso. Just add a little triangle of shirt and you're good to go. I like the blurring of the bg and the glow filter. The glowing outline on the back of the shirt is slightly distracting though, IMO.

Keiffer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,259 posts
Joined May 2005

Jul 21, 2006 18:23 |  #12

Thank you all so much for your valuable input, I will defintely add some "back" back in. I will also try to darken the highlights in her face and fix the glowing back of her shirt(Didn't even notice that, Thanks for bringing that to my attention). Thanks again for your support and input.

photog_87
767 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 21, 2006 20:08 |  #13

I would actually bring back some punch in the necklace myself!

commercial site (external link)http://www.blee-ree-eyed.com (external link)
GEAR : Whatever I can get my greedy little mits on!

Stevie@JC
Goldmember
2,538 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jul 21, 2006 20:22 |  #14

Is it just me or is there something wierd about her eyes too ?

5D MK2 l EF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS l 16-35mm MK2 L l BG-E6 Grip l Ext x2 II l 580EX l MT 24 EX Speedlite l Wacom Intous 3 A4 l Manfrotto Monopod l Calumet 6200 Tripod with trigger grip l Epson 3800 + Canon i9950 Printers
"There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer."

Keiffer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,259 posts
Joined May 2005

Jul 21, 2006 20:26 |  #15

Are you talking about the pupils being wrong? I had to redo her eyes because the original the eys lost their color, so I did what the Muzuno tutorial said to do and yeah, mine didn't come out as natural as his did lol

sponsored links

2,801 views & 0 likes for this thread
Before and after
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.