Challenge #77 - Styles of Artistic Inspiration
Thanks to all for submissions. Winners are as follows:
1. Boutty: Reminds me of a close-up by Martin Schoeller showing depth of time in wrinkles and les yeux.
2. Reeforbust: I detect a hint of Edvard Munch - resemblance of a face from "The Scream"
3. Sara: Recently saw a Cartier-Bresson exhibit in Amsterdam. I see what you're going for, but in this case, the tree would have been far more interesting than the oversized shadow.
Comments on the rest in no particular order:
4. Gewb: Windmill looks massive. I'm thinking Ansel Adams but photo is too dark. Lacking landscape drama but captured ethereal clouds.
5. Megatrixel: Resembles a Bob Ross drawing (not painting). Next time try a different subject - buildings perhaps, but I would imagine they're few & far between in Alaska, eh? Still, nice work.
6. Alans220: Could make an argument for Basquiat, but his graffiti was art not vandalism. Keep it up though, subject is stimulating.
7. Marie: No one artist comes to mind, but the contrast of reds and greens is well done.
8. lainB: Appropriately named. Looks like it has seen more land than water.
9. teekay: Interesting effect / positioning / play on light - I'm a sucker for sculpture.
My picture last week was inspired by a photograph found in the current issue of National Geographic. This weeks objective: Try to capture an interpretation of your favourite piece of artwork or mimic the style of your favourite artist. Be creative. Be abstract. Anything goes.
To submit, click "Post Reply" and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, July 31 2006.
1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera (G1,G2,G3,G5,G6) or Pro 1 only.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be EXACTLY 640 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
* One photo per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Title in the message subject line.
* Camera model.
* EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.